ADVERTISEMENT

The lowest scoring offenses in CFB

Truth This Is True GIF by Ford

Reactions: HBK4life
The fact that we lost to MSU, MINNY, Iowa and Wisconsin still chaps my ass. This was a 9 win season. Give us a QB and an offense that doesn't turn the ball over in record numbers next year to pair with a stud D and watch out!! GBR!!
Having an actual QB will be a huge boost for us.

Hoping for the young Oline men to mature, physically and mentally and take over spots. The ones that have been around for a few years are probably as good as they’re gonna get, and we need better than that.

I think WR/TE looks pretty good.

Would really like to pick up a really good RB, maybe that happens next week.

Things are looking up!

Hoping for the young Oline men to mature, physically and mentally and take over spots. The ones that have been around for a few years are probably as good as they’re gonna get, and we need better than that.

Things are looking up!
I'm not saying mistakes won't be made by Dylan coming N. He will be a true freshman. But if he can just take care of the ball like he did in HS and be a game manager we will make a huge jump. Not gifting games away and build off that. He has all the tools to be great. Danny as well.

Things are looking up!
We haven't had a QB of this caliber since Crouch and Tommie Frazier. A great QB can completely flip a program and team overnight.

I'm not saying mistakes won't be made by Dylan coming N. He will be a true freshman. But if he can just take care of the ball like he did in HS and be a game manager we will make a huge jump. Not gifting games away and build off that. He has all the tools to be great. Danny as well.
For sure, there will be growing pains. But part of being a real QB, other than being able to throw an accurate pass, is knowing how to read defenses. Yes, it will be a new offense for him, and college defensive schemes, but I have faith he’ll be able to make the adjustment fairly well, already having done it at a high level.

And yes, securing the rock should be better as well.

If he is injured we're in the same boat as last year though
Injuries happen yes. Can't think like that. Injuries to QB's also happen less when they aren't running the ball every other play and taking unnecessary hits like our QB's did this year. Also, why they fumbled so much. Other teams were hammering our QB's when they took off to run. That's not the offense Rhule wants to run. Deliver the ball to your playmakers. Run when needed. Try not to take the big hits, manage the offense, move the chains and score TD's.

Reactions: BleedRed78
yea

sucks the defense couldn't beat minny, wisc or iowa.

and sucks HH played his worst game vs MSU. will never understand why we instantly panicked, abandoned the run and went pass happy up there.

yea

sucks the defense couldn't beat minny, wisc or iowa.

and sucks HH played his worst game vs MSU. will never understand why we instantly panicked, abandoned the run and went pass happy up there.
The D was one of the few bright spots for us this year. It's why Tony got a big raise and all of the studs are coming back. They are not the reason we lost any games this year. They saved us so many times this year after the never ending record turnovers the offense had.

The D was one of the few bright spots for us this year. It's why Tony got a big raise and all of the studs are coming back. They are not the reason we lost any games this year. They saved us so many times this year after the unending record turnovers the offense had.
it's just too bad they let down sims/purdy in all 5 games they played.

not fair!

• Haha
Reactions: huntered
The fact that we lost to MSU, MINNY, Iowa and Wisconsin still chaps my ass. This was a 9- or 10-win season. Give us a QB and an offense that doesn't turn the ball over in record numbers next year to pair with a stud D and watch out!! GBR!!
No wonder our D looked so good. We played a lot of bad offenses.

it's just too bad they let down sims/purdy in all 5 games they played.

not fair!
I'm not getting into yet ANOTHER Haarberg/Purdy/Sims who sucks worse thread with you. I don't care. They all suck. And I'm looking to next year and our 2 actual QB's we have coming N. Hit up @headcard and @dinglefritz if you want to go round and round. I'm not getting sucked N. Winking

Last edited:
I'm not getting into yet ANOTHER Haarberg/Purdy/Sims who sucks worse thread with you. I don't care. They all suck and I'm looking to next year and our 2 actual QB's we have coming N. Hit up @headcard and @dinglefritz if you want to go round and round. I'm not getting sucked N. Winking
I'm good. and I'm glad the only winner of those 3 is staying to fight for the job and show the new kids the ropes.

who are the QBs we'll be facing next year?

Reactions: huskerfan1414
I'm not getting into yet ANOTHER Haarberg/Purdy/Sims who sucks worse thread with you. I don't care. They all suck and I'm looking to next year and our 2 actual QB's we have coming N. Hit up @headcard and @dinglefritz if you want to go round and round. I'm not getting sucked N. Winking

Please do not point that poster in my direction. I have no interest in playing his game.

Please do not point that poster in my direction. I have no interest in playing his game.
plenty of interest in regurgitating my jokes, though!

and a mere 24 hours after a multipost bawl fest about how I'm the worst poster on the board, too.

hate to see it.

The fact that we lost to MSU, MINNY, Iowa and Wisconsin still chaps my ass. This was a 9- or 10-win season. Give us a QB and an offense that doesn't turn the ball over in record numbers next year to pair with a stud D and watch out!! GBR!!

Hell, they didn't even need a great QB. Hudson Card, and his 15 TDs 8 Ints at Purdue, would've been more than enough for Nebraska to win 8 or 9 games.

You love it. Everyone knows it. It’s in your blood.
if you cannot see the humor in a guy who says stuff like this:

Kong is easily one of the worst posters in the history of this board. We have so many great posters here, but that guy has almost single handily ruined this board, making it just insufferable at times. I know he does have a following that is entertained by his antics, so to each his own, I guess. But for me, guys like HBK are why I come here and Kong is why I leave.

I have been worse off for every single interaction I have ever had with you

repurposing one of my longest running original jokes ("is it Kurt or Kirk?") in an OP headline less than a day after posting it, then you have zero comedic sense

it is laugh out loud hilarious. irony isn't even close to a strong enough word.

I have been embedded in the very DNA of this board. so much so that posters who claim to turn tail and run away at the very sight of my user name are subconsciously tipping their cap.

Happy New Year, everyone! Day By Day!

if you cannot see the humor in a guy who says stuff like this:

repurposing one of my longest running original jokes ("is it Kurt or Kirk?") in an OP headline less than a day after posting it, then you have zero comedic sense

it is laugh out loud hilarious. irony isn't even close to a strong enough word.

I have been embedded in the very DNA of this board. so much so that posters who claim to turn tail and run away at the very sight of my user name are subconsciously tipping their cap.

Happy New Year, everyone! Day By Day!
Wasn’t referencing that, but go ahead and pat yourself on the back yet again.

I was addressing the fact you, in fact, love to see posters getting frustrated when you post.

That’s all, nothing more.

Wasn’t referencing that, but go ahead and pat yourself on the back yet again.

I was addressing the fact you, in fact, love to see posters getting frustrated when you post.

That’s all, nothing more.
if you don't have a dump in your pants, you have to appreciate what I just laid out. even just a little.

can't make this stuff up!

Reactions: huskerfan1414
if you don't have a dump in your pants, you have to appreciate what I just laid out. even just a little.

can't make this stuff up!
I understand comedy and can appreciate comedy. But like I said, this is you attempting to verbal spar with someone else. It’s plain as day.

You started with HBK, then moved on to headcard, and now me. This isn’t comedy to me. It’s a tragedy, and I feel sorry for you that your targets are no longer taking the bait. But there are a lot of fish out there, so keep trying!

And happy new year to you as well!

I understand comedy and can appreciate comedy. But like I said, this is you attempting to verbal spar with someone else. It’s plain as day.

You started with HBK, then moved on to headcard, and now me. This isn’t comedy to me. It’s a tragedy, and I feel sorry for you that your targets are no longer taking the bait. But there are a lot of fish out there, so keep trying!

And happy new year to you as well!
it is objectively very funny that someone who claims to have "been worse off for every single interaction" with somebody also would quote their joke.

I'm not sparring with you or anyone. this is called "a conversation".

some of you really put me on a pedestal. "taking the bait"? I'm simply posting my thoughts on a slow New Years Friday.

it's not psychological warfare. it's a message board, folks!

Hell, they didn't even need a great QB. Hudson Card, and his 15 TDs 8 Ints at Purdue, would've been more than enough for Nebraska to win 8 or 9 games.
is this serious?

Hudson Card has a career 5-11 record against P5 teams as a starting QB.

With Nebraska's defense, if they had a QB who only turned the ball over 9 times all season, they would've won 8 or 9 games. I'm absolutely serious.
well, that's also not Card

8 INT, 8 fumbles, 3 fumL this year (11 total turnovers)

in addition to displaying zero ability to lead his team to wins

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT