ADVERTISEMENT

The Cure

1) Start by rebuilding the run game. Get rid of the stupid zone stuff with a QB who is no threat to run and an OL who can't get blocks at the second level. More gap running schemes. (pro style QB...Pro style offense)

2) We are bad at the second level on our defense and mediocre at the 3rd level at best. Our strength is in the DL. Get more of them out there. The 33 is cool but you got have some dudes and right now we don't. Get to a 4 man front against these Big 10 teams pressure from there.

3) Start infusing the youth. These dudes that are half assing it and have been here for 4-6 years need to be all in or they need to be out. The well is poisoned with apathy and a losing mentality. You can't keep running those guys out there.

I think #1 is the biggest priority. We have to pick an identity and roll with it. Too many flavors of offense going on. We have a statue at QB. Play to his strengths.

I think we are seeing the impact from the loss of Corcoran and Prochazka, who would have likely started at the OT spots. NU runs best when they have the Defense spread out. They have a hard time running when in the power formations because they cannot push the DL back. We saw that on the Dowdell fumble, which was stopped anyway. Play to your strengths, not what you hope will work. The OL is not a strength of the team right now.

In three weeks there is another bye week. Use this time to start developing the players you will play next year and build from there. This season is lost with Satt, Foley, and Raiola coaching. There won't be the luxury of the extra practices for the bowl game. Lick your wounds, get competent coaches, build for next year.

The cure if simple albeit expensive. I've said before. Never has there been an opportunity for Husker fans to tip the scales in our favor like right now.

500,000 fans donate $500 each.

Need to completely transform how we approach the game. For this brief window there are no limits to NIL deals or people on staff. Transform the roster and hire 3 special teams coordinators and 3 O-line coaches if need be. I believe the only limit on coaching is who can recruit. So hire ace recruiters and also hire excellent teachers.

I'll set up the fund. Big Red Overlord or B.R.O. you, yes YOU, and 499,998 others pony up $500 each! #gbr

• Haha
Reactions: Bruce1981
The cure if simple albeit expensive. I've said before. Never has there been an opportunity for Husker fans to tip the scales in our favor like right now.

Need to completely transform how we approach the game. For this brief window there are no limits to NIL deals or people on staff. Transform the roster and hire 3 special teams coordinators and 3 O-line coaches if need be. I believe the only limit on coaching is who can recruit. So hire ace recruiters and also hire excellent teachers.

I'll set up the fund. Big Red Overlord or B.R.O. you, yes YOU, and 499,998 others pony up $500 each! #gbr
I suspect Nebraska’s football NIL is at least double what Indiana’s is

Many sites, while not at the level of OSU, lists our NIL amongst the top of college football

Hard for people to justify giving more when the ROI has been so dismal to date.

1) Start by rebuilding the run game. Get rid of the stupid zone stuff with a QB who is no threat to run and an OL who can't get blocks at the second level. More gap running schemes. (pro style QB...Pro style offense)

2) We are bad at the second level on our defense and mediocre at the 3rd level at best. Our strength is in the DL. Get more of them out there. The 33 is cool but you got have some dudes and right now we don't. Get to a 4 man front against these Big 10 teams pressure from there.

3) Start infusing the youth. These dudes that are half assing it and have been here for 4-6 years need to be all in or they need to be out. The well is poisoned with apathy and a losing mentality. You can't keep running those guys out there.

I think #1 is the biggest priority. We have to pick an identity and roll with it. Too many flavors of offense going on. We have a statue at QB. Play to his strengths.
We HAVE to commit to running the ball even if it’s 2-3 yards per carry. Eventually we’ll be able to break some runs and use play action. Defenses laugh at our play action run fakes right now. There’s zero deception. If we’re going to run read option we need to bench Raiola and play Haarberg. Raiola either has to prove he’ll run it or just forget it and go heavy sets or 4 wide.

Baffling that Rhule doesn’t know his asshole from his elbow.
No wonder he sucked at Carolina. He had some guys that supposedly turned Baylor around yet didn’t bring either the DC or OC from that team.

Kept shitty Donnie, though it worked to get Dylan… hired a 14 year old to coach WR because his dad coached with him… yippie fvcking cay yay… brought in a 3-3-5 guy to a league that is ground and pound..

I mean… I’d complain more but Boys Don’t Cry

There is no reason that Dylan should be so slow. Have him work on roll outs and being more elusive
That is perplexing, and that is where the comparisons to Mahomes officially end. Mahomes had one rushing touchdown, and another couple of great runs to gash the Niners.

Reactions: V-Doub

Many sites, while not at the level of OSU, lists our NIL amongst the top of college football

It’s the coaching. Playing to your weaknesses, hiding over your deficiencies and maximizing your personnel. That and may be a fair amount of nepotism.

This you, Matt Davison?

Reset expectations where 6 wins and a bowl is the annual goal. 7-8 wins is a great season

When you evaluate things in light of Rhule’s coaching resume the above seems realistic

For reference

Matt Rhule’s college win percentage = 0.523

Mike Riley’s college win percentage = 0.531
Ok, now your troll cover is blown.

The scheme is wrong, for now. Asking a Freshman QB to manage the offense is silly if not stupid. Go with more run heavy sets using two backs, more play-action, shorten the game and then let Dylan take a few shots downfield. We are an Offensive team that looks flashy at times but really has no foundation, we don't do anything that well. We're a Paper Tiger. No Running game and continued issues with Special Teams it's mind blowing.

It’s like continuing to give money to a deadbeat sibling that promises they will start doing better, get a job, etc. there never is anything positive out of it. Well except for the local dealer that sees his business do well.

• Sad
Reactions: V-Doub
I'd start by opening a satellite campus in like Texas or Florida, you know, places where kids might actually want to live. Have them take their online classes from a dorm down there, have them practice down there, etc. and just fly up for the home games like the opposing team does.

"Hey kid, wanna play for the Huskers? You don't have to live in Lincoln Nebraska anymore, except for 6 Friday nights each fall."

That's the recruiting pitch you guys need to sell players if you wanna get some talent.

I'm not gonna donate .05 cents.

Reactions: Dylman
The scheme is wrong, for now. Asking a Freshman QB to manage the offense is silly if not stupid. Go with more run heavy sets using two backs, more play-action, shorten the game and then let Dylan take a few shots downfield. We are an Offensive team that looks flashy at times but really has no foundation, we don't do anything that well. We're a Paper Tiger. No Running game and continued issues with Special Teams it's mind blowing.
Exactly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT