ADVERTISEMENT

The cost of making coaching changes at NU...

MAG

Assistant Head Coach
May 29, 2001
big bucks being delegated out. Most of the NU football coaching staff will be receiving a nice chuck of change to NOT coach at Nebraska. Especially that mysterious character Billy Devaney who is a non-contract employee at NU. Sweet gig, if you can get it. Cost of doing business I guess.

Cha-ching!!

Last edited:
This is the sports world now. Look at baseball. People talk about teams like the Red Sox and Dodgers having these massive payrolls but in all honesty those teams big $ is paid to guys who aren't on the roster.

Dodgers
- paying Carl Crawford $22 Million a year to be retired.
- Paying Adriana Gonzalez $22 Million a year to eat sunflower seeds on the bench
- Paying Adrian Either $17 Million a year to pinch hit
- Paying Scott Kazmir $17 Million a year to stay on the DL

And the guys like Seager, Bellinger, & Taylor who were guys that carried them team all year make $500K a year or less. It's the part of sports I hate the most " guaranteed money ". It will kill a sports team quickly.

Reactions: saluno22
This is the sports world now. Look at baseball. People talk about teams like the Red Sox and Dodgers having these massive payrolls but in all honesty those teams big $ is paid to guys who aren't on the roster.

Dodgers
- paying Carl Crawford $22 Million a year to be retired.
- Paying Adriana Gonzalez $22 Million a year to eat sunflower seeds on the bench
- Paying Adrian Either $17 Million a year to pinch hit
- Paying Scott Kazmir $17 Million a year to stay on the DL

And the guys like Seager, Bellinger, & Taylor who were guys that carried them team all year make $500K a year or less. It's the part of sports I hate the most " guaranteed money ". It will kill a sports team quickly.

There's our option QB for next year!!!!Smokin

they need to change the name of that piece to

"The cost of incompetent coaching hires" or "The cost of F-ing up coaching hires"

Meh, I don't care. This is what it cost's to do biz in todays football world. It is what it is, pay 'em and move the f&@k on.

Ah, but what would be the cost of KEEPING those same coaches?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT