ADVERTISEMENT

The b1g fix is in...

1 holding call for 5 yards. That's the only call against Northwestern all game.

Unreal.
It's called coaching. And having players who will listen rather than feeding their own ego and trying to act tough (resulting in 15 yard penalties). You think it was just a coincidence that Northwestern's tying touchdown included a personal foul penalty. It is what Nebraska football is......stupid players and piss-poor coaches.

It's called coaching. And having players who will listen rather than feeding their own ego and trying to act tough (resulting in 15 yard penalties). You think it was just a coincidence that Northwestern's tying touchdown included a personal foul penalty. It is what Nebraska football is......stupid players and piss-poor coaches.

Eat another dick, troll. Nebraska makes stupid mistakes, sure, but Northwestern had blatant hold after blatant hold going uncalled all game.

The refs were shitty in the Big 12 and are shitty here too but they didn't cost us this game or any others. Putting it on officials is not going to get us anywhere especially when we had multiple chances to ice this game and others. We need to make our own breaks and take shit and not put our failure on referees.

I hate Big Ten refs as much as anyone. But when you need one first down to ice it and go nowhere, then give up a 99 yard drive - gotta look in the mirror.
Um....you do know how they got off the 1 yard line, right?

We have to become that team that pushes through in spite of the refs.

The refs haven’t helped us, but we Still aren’t that team that says “screw the refs. We’re gonna win the game anyway.”

Until we become that team we will continue to blame everyone else. But we’ve got to get a handle on this.

Eat another dick, troll. Nebraska makes stupid mistakes, sure, but Northwestern had blatant hold after blatant hold going uncalled all game.

We were ahead by 10 with 5 minutes left. I gotta say at this point that Frost and his coaching staff are going to have to prove to me they are up to the task. I'm no longer giving them the benefit of the doubt.

If he brought shitty coaches with him, then so be it. He'll sink or swim with them. But I'm going to stop blaming the players and start placing the blame where it belongs...on the coaches.

The coaches are the ones that put this game on the shoulders of a defense that gives up 40 points/game. They should have called our last offensive series accordingly. There's no way in hell I run the ball 3 straight times, and not even attempt a pass on 3rd down to get a 1st down. Who cares if they have 0 TO or 1 TO during their last series? If your defense can't stop air, then why put it on their shoulders???

Last edited:
It’s complete BS to say the kids just have to make a play when they’re being penalized for making a good play. Multiple times. No one is saying we don’t have room to improve. But losing a close game where the other team was given multiple critical first downs on BS penalties matter. Again, we Still should have won, but we screwed up and that hurt us more than the refs. But the refs contributed.

Going for it on 4th down multiple times a game when we have such discipline and execution issues is not helping this team gain confidence I would have to think. We just don't have the players for those calls. That's on the coaches imho.

However, executing your position cleanly is on the players, and these guys just seem so mentally remedial in that aspect. It seems the players don't really care to take every down serious enough. I'm sure the coaches are preaching this, that portion is on the players.

We've had team losses 6 times this year. Screw blaming the refs.

f. this league.
This is the pussy crybaby way out...suck it up buttercup! What I say was a Nebraska team that has an explosive offense and played great all game long with the exception of the last 4 to 5 mins of the game. Quit blaming the refs and the BIG...sucks to lose but you guys are not as bad as your record... Lots of talent on this team!

Reactions: Husker-NJ
Maybe another newbie calling our coaches stupid needs to stop too. Go on your own board

Reactions: OzzyLvr and tpmcg
It is axiomatic that Nebraska does not have an intellectual component to their game. Stupid play calling, turnovers and ego-driven penalties are as much a part of their overall game as pass and run plays. I would not be surprised to find out that opposing coaches are so confident that Nebraska will have 10 or so penalties per game that they incorporate that fact into their game plan. They rely on it. Of course Nebraska dutifully complies. Dumb players and inexperienced, stupid coaches are not a good combination.

Reactions: KinnicksRightFoot
This is the pussy crybaby way out...suck it up buttercup! What I say was a Nebraska team that has an explosive offense and played great all game long with the exception of the last 4 to 5 mins of the game. Quit blaming the refs and the BIG...sucks to lose but you guys are not as bad as your record... Lots of talent on this team!

Why are you on our board you dork? Seriously I’d never go over to your board and post to troll. Is your life seriously that dam lame? Seriously.? Coming over to talk to fans of your team at after a loss is therapeutic but coming here to troll is just lame and shows the kind of person you are

Reactions: huskerfan1414
you have to play above the bs (bad calls)
we can't even play above our bs (bad plays)

Reactions: timnsun
Northwestern averages under 3 penalties per game. Nebraska double digit.

While there were some questionable calls, this game was no different for either team than the previous 5-6 games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT