ADVERTISEMENT

That was Fugly.

z28craz

Blackshirt
Jan 5, 2004
That was Fugly. Really, really Fugly. But. The defense pitched a shutout in the second half. Ended up with 3 INTs. The O did just enough to win. There were second half adjustments that let us win a ball game. At halftime this team could have, and in the past would have given up. But they fought back like warriors. It’s the first back to back FBS win in 4 years. It was on the road on a short week Friday night. I don’t care how Fugly it was. It’s a win and we are 3-3. I’ll take it! GBR!

That was Fugly. Really, really Fugly. But. The defense pitched a shutout in the second half. Ended up with 3 INTs. The O did just enough to win. There were second half adjustments that let us win a ball game. At halftime this team could have, and in the past would have given up. But they fought back like warriors. It’s the first back to back FBS win in 4 years. It was on the road on a short week Friday night. I don’t care how Fugly it was. It’s a win and we are 3-3. I’ll take it! GBR!
All of the talking heads said all week that Rutgers want to ugly it up and be physical. It shouldn’t surprise us.

That was Fugly. Really, really Fugly. But. The defense pitched a shutout in the second half. Ended up with 3 INTs. The O did just enough to win. There were second half adjustments that let us win a ball game. At halftime this team could have, and in the past would have given up. But they fought back like warriors. It’s the first back to back FBS win in 4 years. It was on the road on a short week Friday night. I don’t care how Fugly it was. It’s a win and we are 3-3. I’ll take it! GBR
Tonight, the DL put more pressure on the QB than they have for years. I don't know how many, but I would guess several years. The D line, with all its new additions, is finally starting to gel. Some Blackshirts should be awarded after tonight. Number 44 for sure.

This is the type of game they get boat raced, pitch a tent, bend over and get cucked....if crotch rot and nutsinhischin were still around.

Winning ugly builds character. I want to enjoy this, but they won't get away with a bad start on the road vs Purdue. They will need a fast start and lean more on the run next week.

GBR

After seeing a ton of shiny happy close losses, it was nice to see a couple back to back ugly wins. Ugly wins are much better than shiny losses. Good losses suck. They are L's in the win/loss column. Lets keep piling up some ugly wins.
This. We had some of the prettiest one-score losses we’ll ever see last year, so after going through that? These circus ugly wins are suddenly looking mighty fine.

Tonight, the DL put more pressure on the QB than they have for years. I don't know how many, but I would guess several years. The D line, with all its new additions, is finally starting to gel. Some Blackshirts should be awarded after tonight. Number 44 for sure.
no blackshirts, we ALWAYS play terrible on the game after they are given back. Just give them out at the end of the year.

Please stop with the team played horrible crap. Find the positives cause there were lots of them. More positives than negatives. Most important positive was the final score in HUSKER favor!
Definitely...great post. The entire first half was played with a starting field position of their 40 for them....and inside our ten for NU. Because of this, they couldn't really open up the offense....Rutgers was just hanging at the los and bringing extra rushers on pass plays.

The NU D held on a quick change at their own 20. Forced a field goal. On the first drive, they were completely hosed when Reimer was freaking bear hugged on a td run.

They weren't getting calls....at all. They weren't playing well on the offensive side. Turnovers, penalties, first game at night on the road on the east coast...etc.

Rutgers made it ugly. They still found a way. It is actually amazing that they exhibited the mental toughness and intestinal fortitude to continue to move forward when they were repeatedly punched in the face. This is a team that would have quit three weeks ago.... and lost this game by at least three scores. The transformation is ONLY three weeks old.....and people are bitching?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT