ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Remains Big12 King, Couldn't be Softer

You mean kind of like buckeyes and the 13 dwarfs?! Kind of surprised you would even go there considering how the B10 last season basically told Neb to go somewhere else
No kidding, there is this weird idea that UT runs the Big 12 but that the Big Ten is all about equality.

UT runs the Big 12 because the other schools let them, same with OSU.

No kidding, there is this weird idea that UT runs the Big 12 but that the Big Ten is all about equality.

true, but 5 schools have left the swc/b12.
while the b1g has tosu, when was the last time anyone left?
i guess theres some semblance of fairness, although weve been shafted plenty.

The whorns down sign has been going on for as long as I have been following football… Now we have a person who is ahead of officiating in the conference that has to make a statement about a player of a opposing team what they can and can’t do playing one of it’s stronger member in the conference when it’s just media days… Who’s crying in the first place?
i dont know if its woke or not, but a lot of folks have ‘thin skin’ despite making claims to the contrary.

Mizzou has been far more successful in football than basketball since joining the SEC.

Back-to-back SEC Championship Games in 2013 and 2014. Cotton Bowl win and Citrus Bowl Win in 2013 and 2014. Top 5 National finish in 2013.

Even the Odom era wasn’t awful, while definitely a downturn.

Meanwhile, Mizzou basketball has become an afterthought. Basketball is the third sport at most SEC schools. It’s football and baseball. Outside of Kentucky, the SEC doesn’t care about basketball.

I think it’s the SEC mindset that it’s football then everything else. Kentucky basketball will never be equal to Alabama football. An SEC Athletic Department is defined by their football program. Everything else is a distant second.
I don't think that's true. Florida, Alabama, Arkansas and Tennessee have all had great basketball teams at some point through the years.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
I don't think that's true. Florida, Alabama, Arkansas and Tennessee have all had great basketball teams at some point through the years.
Oh.....it’s true.

It’s football and then everything else in the SEC. Basketball’s significance is greatly minimized in the SEC.

The whorns down sign has been going on for as long as I have been following football… Now we have a person who is ahead of officiating in the conference that has to make a statement about a player of a opposing team what they can and can’t do playing one of it’s stronger member in the conference when it’s just media days… Who’s crying in the first place?
Again, what does that have to do with being woke?

UT is not near as bad as they used to be under Dodds. They realize that the B12 is their best option by far and seem to be making an attempt at being a better conference member. Any thought that UT would consider membership in the B10 should be all but put to rest considering the way the B10 handled this last season.

Interesting...and sincerely, I appreciate the response.

As for Texas...they are a fragile bunch. They realize that with all the built-in advantages they have that they should be so much better. Very sensitive group down there.

A&M is on the verge of leaving the horns in the dust. I think desperation is sitting in for UT.
Texas is in a different universe than any other power conference school, including N.D. Anyone who has lived in Texas knows that Texas A&M will always be in the shadow of the University of Texas, no matter how many football wins A&M racks up in the sec. It's still A&M and College Station as opposed to the University of Texas and Austin, the latter now referred to as one of the 'public ivies,' along with Michigan, North Carolina, Virginia, Cal. Berkley, UCLA. Speaking of Basketball, Texas and Kansas are both LOADED with talent this year, and those are going to be two huge battles when they meet. Allen Fieldhouse will explode that night, and if you think Texas has fans only for football, tune in the night the Jayhawks visit Austin.

I wish we'd never left.

Texas gets my Husker blood boiling more than any Big 10 team ever will.

Yeah, Iowa, but even getting worked up about those racist Hawkeye clowns who've never won anything feels like a regression.

F**k Texas.

I wish we'd never left.

Texas gets my Husker blood boiling more than any Big 10 team ever will.

Yeah, Iowa, but even getting worked up about those racist Hawkeye clowns who've never won anything feels like a regression.

F**k Texas.
Whenever hawk fans get out of line, just use this.

Reactions: HUSKERinLA
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT