ADVERTISEMENT

Terrible uniforms

Uniforms consist of pants helmets not just a jersey..

Good thing they weren’t Blue some of you would lose your $&it..

Reactions: HuskerHusaria
I didn't like the jerseys, either

too kansas-like

glad we're done with them and hopefully we'll have something good cooked up next year

I didn't like the jerseys, either

too kansas-like

glad we're done with them and hopefully we'll have something good cooked up next year
Apparently you don’t get the reason behind it either even if it’s spelled out for you..

Reactions: GaRed
36 college football playoff teams...

Nike - 32
UA - 3
Adidas - 1

9 CFP national champions...

Nike - 9
UA - 0
Adidas - 0

Yeah man, winners wear Adidas and UA 🙄

By this logic you'd rather be in the same category as Rutgers and Indiana rather than Michigan, Ohio State, Oregon, Penn St, USC, UCLA
I don't think the manufacturer of the uniforms makes one difference. I am pretty sure Nebraska won a title wearing Adidas uniforms. I personally like Adidas shoes and clothing 100 x more than Nike. I find Nike clothing cheap! Lastly why do I care what Ohio State or USC wears? If Nebraska switches to Nike I am not joining. My dislike for Nike has nothing to do with politics. It is all about Phil Knight and his evil empire when it comes to the Ducks. You will soon learn ONCE they join the conference.

You guys are going to hate Duck fans. They are worse than Colorado fans during the McCartney era.

Last edited:
Reactions: GaRed
Did you know Adi Dasler started Adidas and his brother started Puma? Longtime feud. Puma are cool shoes too. Anything but Nike. Adi Das. Get it? Adi Dasler. Just a cool history lesson for you Colin.
The rivalry of Adidas vs Puma goes a lot deeper than most people realize. Not only do both companies compete for the same audience, but they were also founded by a set of brothers, Rudolf and Adolf Dassler. Aka the Dassler brothers, or Puma and Adidas brothers.
More German trivia. ALDI and Trader Joe's are owned by the same German company. Are their ALDI grocery stores in Nebraska? We do not have them out here in the Northwest.

I was wrong. Aldi and Trader Joe's are owned by German parent companies that were owned separately by two brothers.

Last edited:
More German trivia. ALDI and Trader Joe's are owned by the same German company. Are their ALDI grocery stores in Nebraska? We do not have them out here in the Northwest.
we have ALDI in CO

wouldn't buy anything from there with your money

Reactions: Landomatic
Adidas schools (literally all trash outside of maybe 3):
Arizona State, Georgia Tech, Grambling, Indiana, Kansas, Louisville, Miami, Mississippi State, Nebraska, North Carolina State, Rutgers, Texas A&M, and Washington

Nike Schools:
Michigan, Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Texas, Ohio State, Michigan St, Penn St, USC, UCLA, Oklahoma, Oregon, Baylor, Texas Tech, Clemson, Florida State, North Carolina, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Auburn, Oklahoma St, Florida, Arkansas. The list goes on. All the big biggest revenue generating universities on this list outside of A&M and Nebraska.

Nike is the biggest brand. If you can't see this then you simply have low IQ. Nike has every national champion this decade. Has been on the forefront of uniform innovation and marketing for both basketball and football. Owns the US market. NFL wears Nike because it has the best brand and quality. It is simple.

Spot on. Kids don't care about the quality. Or The politics. Or what sweat shop it's made in. Or what a bunch of run of the mill middle aged fans think. They care about the cool factor. And there is no question, Nike is 1000% cooler than any of the others. And it's not even close. No reason to have ourselves at a disadvantage.

Reactions: CornHusker_635
As the original poster I apologize about the unis. I didn't even know we were honoring 100 years, which explains the blue outline. I thought it was just an alternate uniform, thus the outrage. P.S. it was frickin ugly though!!

Not even close to worst Alt uniform.

7657017116_726b626a3b_o.png

Yeah, I agree. But the color wasn't the problem there. As has been the case with just about everything Adidas has done for us in the way of alternates
They wore these against our only win against Wisconsin since we’ve joined.

Wisconsin also wore a big W on their uniforms but wore Red helmets..

Reactions: king_kong_
wonder if any of the kids are into Bouncing Souls? I know my kids are. Kings of corny lyrics, but man I love them. I know its a soccer/futbol chant, but would love to hear this pumped in the stadium. If you are wondering why I posted this in this thread, its in the lyrics, one of the all time dumbest lyrics, but again, I love it.

2014 the year we played Illinois and Nebraska wore a red matte helmet with red helmets and pants but the numbers and stripes looked like they put on with duck tape which made the uniforms look fougley..

I‘d like to see more throwback uniforms once in awhile..

Even the Jennings year we beat Oklahoma. red helmets and jerseys with white pants with red stripes..

Reactions: king_kong_
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT