ADVERTISEMENT

Terps come into Lincoln as 1.5 favorites

This is going to be a battle and we can win it. I hope our D coordinator sends the freakin’ house at their “skilled QB” and gives him a taste of our corn-fed fieldturf.
Will be there. Hope you’re right :)

I agree that this is not the best matchup for us these last three games. Their offense is ranked 25th in offensive efficiency. And their defense may be underrated by many Husker fans (40th), though both units are on a downward trend. It seems likely that Maryland will score 17-21, and I'm not confident in our ability to match that.

Chiefs just won the superbowl when Len Dawson died right before the season. Bears won their first game of the season about an hour after Dick Butkus died, also an upset. Brett Favre had a great game and Packers won right after his dad died. Indiana was an easy +274 on the moneyline. Always bet on big deaths.
can confirm tragic magic is real
at least when I notice it

Michigan -6.5 over Penn St
Bucknuts -29.5 over Sparty
Wisky -12 over NW
Oregon -14 over USC
Illini -4 over Hoosiers

More coming

Maryland will score. Any team we have have played with adequate QB scored at least 20. Maryland will score at least that too I think. They have skill and a legit QB. I don't think we get to twenty unless something changes. Right now I'd agree with the line. If I had to choose right now I'd lay the 1.5 and take Maryland.

Holla

Maryland will score. Any team we have have played with adequate QB scored at least 20. Maryland will score at least that too I think. They have skill and a legit QB. I don't think we get to twenty unless something changes. Right now I'd agree with the line. If I had to choose right now I'd lay the 1.5 and take Maryland.

Holla
Unfortunately these last three games the pressure builds- I agree would take the Terps. Now if we are + in turnover that changes -ha.

Me and some friends might be going to Lincoln this Saturday, still not sure.

It is always a great time and the weather looks decent.

Reactions: SickOfPractice
GIF by Kennesaw State University

Reactions: HuskerO
One thing we don’t know is how healthy is Maryland entering this game…

Purdue and Minnesota is a pick’em game and with Ioway favored by 2 all these games most likely will come down to the last position..

I was wishing for that yesterday but multiple times when we blitzed it seemed they had a perfect play called. Seemed like MSU had us scouted very well.
I saw the same things on Saturday as you stated above, MSU had a good plan against us.

I figured a game like this was coming and the coaches warned the secondary leading up to this game about the deep throws--I reference this as an example that the coaches knew things they were getting away with may not be the case in the last four games of the season.
The formula is there on how to beat the 2023 Huskers. Load the box against the offense, force them to pass--where theirs a high probability that our QB can/will make a costly mistake.
On defense, roll the pocket, quick passes (screen passes) and a QB run here and there.

The next three games are going to be tough.

Maryland is a bad matchup for us.

They'll spread us out and have an athletic QB that can extend plays.

Their defense is abysmal, so we are gonna need to score some points.
But we won’t score many points. So the game will be tough. As all of our games will be. Even against their awful defense I guarantee we will struggle. Our QB situation is just abysmal. Rhule really hurt us with his flawed analysis of Sims.
Glad this game is at home. But our defense better hold them to under 21 points for us to have a chance because we won’t score much more than that and most likely will struggle to score 17.

Reactions: Bigred_b1624
Pretty sad if we can only score 10 points against a team that Northwestern scored over 30 against.
Would diffidently be disappointing and we can’t be pointing to a depleted offensive line and Freshman receivers not scoring points this week..

21-24 points will be needed to win this game.

Maryland is a bad matchup for us.

They'll spread us out and have an athletic QB that can extend plays.

Their defense is abysmal, so we are gonna need to score some points.
That's the problem our offense would be just as bad against the 120th defense in the country as it is against the best. That is what happens when you don't have good QB play. Our OL may have it's issues but there have been plays to be had in the passing game. Our quarterback(s) can't take advantage.

Reactions: leodisflowers
That's the problem our offense would be just as bad against the 120th defense in the country as it is against the best. That is what happens when you don't have good QB play. Our OL may have it's issues but there have been plays to be had in the passing game. Our quarterback(s) can't take advantage.
Yeah, Wildcat lite isn't going places.

Nothing will be easy. The biggest problem I see is defense's know how to attack Nebraska now and I have no faith in overcoming it. We have to create turnovers and limit penalties. A little luck would be nice as well.
Well we can't get better in the penalty department as of late. ZERO against msu. 👌. Really surprised when I saw that Stat.

We've gotta be better on offense no doubt. Really surprised how the dbs had such a letdown and let plays get behind them. I thought for the second week in a row how serviceable the o line was. Some nice holes at times on highlight reel. I'm sure msu highlight reel will look different. Qb has got to hit the wide open receivers. It was there all day long

Reactions: OzzyLvr
I wonder if Haarberg would see receivers better if he stayed in the shotgun all game instead of taking snaps under center. It’s something I would consider if I was Satterfield. Something needs to change.

Maryland struggling a little since Sumlin got his DUI. Wonder if he is around the program or suspended, anyone in the know on tbat?

Reactions: king_kong_
Was at this game. Took my daughter to her first game here. Cool little stadium and we curb stomped them in the rain. I just remember Reimer being an absolute animal.
that throw was to twice as many safeties as HH's in the end zone last week

touchdown!

What was the atmosphere like when you were there for that game?
I wasn't at that game but my grandpa was. It occured in November 1922 and ironically was the year my mom was born. It was played at the old Nebraska Field, the same location as present day Memorial Stadium and the stadium ran east and west rather than north and south.

There were 16.000 in attendance, even more when you consider outside the stadium people climbed telephone poles to view the action and many sat on top of the building's roof.

My grandpa didn't cuss much, but he did tell me "Notre Dame and those Four Horsemen were a cocky bunch through much of the game. But, at the end, we knocked their dicks' in the dirt."

That's the best account i have.

Last edited:
Was at this game. Took my daughter to her first game here. Cool little stadium and we curb stomped them in the rain. I just remember Reimer being an absolute animal.
Me too. Wife and I flew out to DC to visit my sisters amd drove over for the game. Had a blast. Fist bumped the Jet on my way to my seat and some chick in a banana costume smuggled in a bunch of minis and was passing them out. Which was nice of her.

You're right about the stadium. Plus they served beer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT