ADVERTISEMENT

Teddy Buckets.....

So if New Mexico State wins, can Nebraska claim this as the first NCAA tournament win in school history?

I admit that I wasn't expecting to see Teddy Allen in the NCAA tournament (mostly because I didn't know where he transferred to) but also it would be hilarious to see him chuck his way into something that Nebraska basketball has never done before.

Reactions: c_broadus
"That's all you can ask for: a team that believes in you, a coach that believes in you."

- Teddy Allen after dropping 37 points on 5th seed UCONN and winning an NCAA tournament basketball game

Love it! Who would have thunk

Did you catch the comment "a coach who believes in you"

Not just that..."a team" as well. Imagine if Banton and McGowens would have done what they are currently doing in their respective basketball roles last year. We would have won a lot of games. Throw in Walker from the start of the season and that's a solid core.

"That's all you can ask for: a team that believes in you, a coach that believes in you."

- Teddy Allen after dropping 37 points on 5th seed UCONN and winning an NCAA tournament basketball game
As opposed to West Virginia, Wichita State, Nebraska. I think all of those schools believed in Teddy. Teddy needs to accept personal accountability.

Can't stand Teddy Allen, he's an attention whore who throws up a lot of garbage shots. Good free throw shooter, though...except when he was here. How do you shoot 90% at NM State and JUCO, but 69% here?
Hummm. Seems like we had comments about ball hogs all year here....and throwing shots up. Might be something to his comments?

Happy for Teddy. Has had demonstrated to deal with. Hope he can get that degree...and move on to playing overseas etc. I think the had to sit out a couple of years between all the schools....so may have one more year with the Covid bonus.

Teddy has very little control of his emotions! The guy can flat out play, but comes with so much baggage! I was nervous for his team, fans etc, when he started popping off before it was over. Could have costed his team the game all while carrying them to the W! Typical Teddy😀

Can't stand Teddy Allen, he's an attention whore who throws up a lot of garbage shots. Good free throw shooter, though...except when he was here. How do you shoot 90% at NM State and JUCO, but 69% here?
He's also a headcase that's been at 24 schools. He finally found a coach that would tolerate him. But give him credit. Dude is moving on.

Not just that..."a team" as well. Imagine if Banton and McGowens would have done what they are currently doing in their respective basketball roles last year. We would have won a lot of games. Throw in Walker from the start of the season and that's a solid core.
That requires a coach that knows how to manage different personalities. We don't have that. Past two seasons have come down to that.

Teddy has very little control of his emotions! The guy can flat out play, but comes with so much baggage! I was nervous for his team, fans etc, when he started popping off before it was over. Could have costed his team the game all while carrying them to the W! Typical Teddy😀
Yep exactly. I was pulling for him all game, but the antics at the end turned me the other way. Hope Arkansas makes him pay.

The good news is we can always count on Teddy to collapse shortly after he has a scoring outburst. If he doesn’t flop tomorrow he will soon enough.

• Wow
I said at the time we should have never let him go. Hoiberg's a dumbass though, have no idea why he's still here.
Mike Krzyzewski would have let him go too..

Good for Teddy Allen but he was poison for the team and a basket case..

Reactions: Baxter48
I didn't realize until today that he and Timmy Allen (formerly of Utah, now with Texas) are brothers.

They look alike, but very different personalities.

The coaches tried hard to make it work. He just became too much of a distraction during practice. That’s the message from a family member.
Dude, practice is the LEAST of this fella’s problems…

…though it is yet another one of his MAJOR problems.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT