ADVERTISEMENT

Teddy Allen..

Seemed like him and Hoiberg has some words after the game. Teddy just dribbled the time out and we were losing.

Reactions: mgbreis
Yeah I’ve never seen a team down dribble it out at the end, was kinda typical Teddy Buckets ( he definitely his own man)

Reactions: dinglefritz
Yeah I’ve never seen a team down dribble it out at the end, was kinda typical Teddy Buckets ( he definitely his own man)

Yes. This is something a team that has already won the game would do to be sportsmanlike. It's like taking a knee at the end of the game in football.

Yes. This is something a team that has already won the game would do to be sportsmanlike. It's like taking a knee at the end of the game in football.
When they are winning. Very strange thing to do, when you are behind.

I hate a guy that throws a mini-tantrum and does something stupid like walk it up and drop the ball at his coach's feet, then when he gets called on it he's like, "What?" Like he doesn't know why his coach is pissed. Don't pull shit like that if you're not going to man up and own it. It's not really a huge deal in the scope of the game obviously being over, but it says a lot about where his head is at. If we keep losing I predict things are going to get rocky with this kid.

I hate a guy that throws a mini-tantrum and does something stupid like walk it up and drop the ball at his coach's feet, then when he gets called on it he's like, "What?" Like he doesn't know why his coach is pissed. Don't pull shit like that if you're not going to man up and own it. It's not really a huge deal in the scope of the game obviously being over, but it says a lot about where his head is at. If we keep losing I predict things are going to get rocky with this kid.
If he finishes the season I would be surprised. Not sure the juice is worth the squeeze If we are going to lose anyway.

He’s got like an old man Rec league game. Makes tough shots at times, mostly out of necessity cause he’s a below avg athlete

He’s got like an old man Rec league game. Makes tough shots at times, mostly out of necessity cause he’s a below avg athlete
He's not an explosive athlete but he is strong and deceptively quick with the ball in his hands. Uses the rim well under the bucket, super quick release on his perimeter shots. Lots to like when he's going good. Gets loose with the ball some times. Sulks. Sometimes loses focus on D. At this point he needs to work on the mental part of his game or it won't work.

Reactions: mgbreis
He's not an explosive athlete but he is strong and deceptively quick with the ball in his hands. Uses the rim well under the bucket, super quick release on his perimeter shots. Lots to like when he's going good. Gets loose with the ball some times. Sulks. Sometimes loses focus on D. At this point he needs to work on the mental part of his game or it won't work.
Agree, pry the least of the problems at this point. I don’t hate his game and never have. Mentally he’s always been a work in progress. He can play in the BiG. Like I said least of the problems

Reactions: 1954
None of you guys know this kid. You don’t know where his head is at, or the relationship he has with the coaches or his teammates. Talking about his game is one thing.. speculating his attitude or whether he’ll finish the season because of a falling out is ridiculous.

None of you guys know this kid. You don’t know where his head is at, or the relationship he has with the coaches or his teammates. Talking about his game is one thing.. speculating his attitude or whether he’ll finish the season because of a falling out is ridiculous.
Yeah, could you give me your list of what you'll allow us to discuss on this board? Or better yet, get lost.

Yeah, could you give me your list of what you'll allow us to discuss on this board? Or better yet, get lost.
Didn’t realize I said I wouldn’t allow it..like I have that power or something lol! I said it’s ridiculous because it is. If multiple people were questioning the character of someone you knew personally, and knew they were wrong, would you not give your opinion?

I think the concern is that he might check out. That's kind of been his history. It sounds like his team likes him a lot. Hope he makes it work this time. He's got the right head coach for him.

Didn’t realize I said I wouldn’t allow it..like I have that power or something lol! I said it’s ridiculous because it is. If multiple people were questioning the character of someone you knew personally, and knew they were wrong, would you not give your opinion?
We can see him sulking on the court when things don't go well. We can see his coach getting more and more frustrated with his mental lapses. We know his history at West Virginia and Wichita State. It's perfectly reasonable to discuss his struggles with the mental aspects of his game. The freaking broadcasters have been discussing it virtually every game. It's not ridiculous to discuss, and take note that you're the only one that thinks it is. What, is he your cousin or something?

Reactions: coach-ed
If you don't want to hear criticism of a Nebraska player or coach, this is the wrong place. Message boards are a cesspool of negativism.

We can see him sulking on the court when things don't go well. We can see his coach getting more and more frustrated with his mental lapses. We know his history at West Virginia and Wichita State. It's perfectly reasonable to discuss his struggles with the mental aspects of his game. The freaking broadcasters have been discussing it virtually every game. It's not ridiculous to discuss, and take note that you're the only one that thinks it is. What, is he your cousin or something?
I sympathize some with people who are sensitive to criticism of a college player. Dang, I'm glad I wasn't a public figure back when I was in college. Message boards weren't built by motivational speakers.

Reactions: headcard
If you don't want to hear criticism of a Nebraska player or coach, this is the wrong place. Message boards are a cesspool of negativism.
I understand that. I just think that questioning someone as a person, over a game, is a little out there imo. Criticism of someone’s game is going to happen. I’ve just known the kid for a long time, and know what kind of kid he is.

I didn’t realize that saying he’ll be gone from the program was a part of the mental aspect of the game

I understand that. I just think that questioning someone as a person, over a game, is a little out there imo. Criticism of someone’s game is going to happen. I’ve just known the kid for a long time, and know what kind of kid he is.
People questioned Adrian Martinez over riding a scooter to class. Lol. I think people will question teddy Allen’s attitude when it’s pretty visible. We all hope it works out well. But it appears there are some things going on.

We are simply discussing what Shon Morris was pointing out during the game, that at times he let's his emotions take him out of the game. I'm sure he's a nice kid but we're talking about on-court basketball issues. His ability to control his emotions is PART OF THE GAME, NOT PERSONAL. He can score, no doubt about that.

Again. This is the wrong place for you if you're going to get upset about people questioning players and coaches. That's the number one thing sports message boards are built on.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
We are simply discussing what Shon Morris was pointing out during the game, that at times he let's his emotions take him out of the game. I'm sure he's a nice kid but we're talking about on-court basketball issues. His ability to control his emotions is PART OF THE GAME, NOT PERSONAL. He can score, no doubt about that.
All I’ll say is that he’s had an extremely tough road.
Again. This is the wrong place for you if you're going to get upset about people questioning players and coaches. That's the number one thing sports message boards are built on.
I never said I was upset. I gave my opinion on the matter

People questioned Adrian Martinez over riding a scooter to class. Lol. I think people will question teddy Allen’s attitude when it’s pretty visible. We all hope it works out well. But it appears there are some things going on.
He’s had a really tough road. Hoiberg knows how to communicate with him. It’ll be fine.

One guy said he'd be surprised if he finishes the season. ONE. I think you might be overreacting just a bit.
Lol I’m watching tv and giving my opinion on a matter. My opinion is different from yours because I actually know him. That doesn’t mean I feel any type of way about it

He’s had a really tough road. Hoiberg knows how to communicate with him. It’ll be fine.
I don’t know him but my opinion is based off him getting into it with Huggins at West Virginia, being dismissed at Wichita state, and the 10
Games and perception of the interchanges between him and sadler/hoiberg. I know Fred is super patient and supposedly prides himself on working with certain players. However, Calipari at Kentucky asked a player to step away from
The program for talking back. Plus last year cam Mack was asked to leave. I do think teddy loves basketball more but like some people said it does appear he gets in his own way sometimes.

Worry about the stability of so many schools and coaches over the years since high school. If he gets the mental side of the game down and deals with struggle this year better, think he can make a career out of basketball. Just seems there is a pattern that is pause for concern. Wish the young man well.

Worry about the stability of so many schools and coaches over the years since high school. If he gets the mental side of the game down and deals with struggle this year better, think he can make a career out of basketball. Just seems there is a pattern that is pause for concern. Wish the young man well.
The stability thing I'm afraid is going to become an even bigger problem with the new transfer rules. Way too easy for kids to take their ball and go home when somebody upsets them.

I don’t know him but my opinion is based off him getting into it with Huggins at West Virginia, being dismissed at Wichita state, and the 10
Games and perception of the interchanges between him and sadler/hoiberg. I know Fred is super patient and supposedly prides himself on working with certain players. However, Calipari at Kentucky asked a player to step away from
The program for talking back. Plus last year cam Mack was asked to leave. I do think teddy loves basketball more but like some people said it does appear he gets in his own way sometimes.
Yeah he needs to reign it in a little bit at times. Hoiberg wants him to be a leader, but they’re not performing anywhere near where they thought they should. Hopefully they’ll get it hashed out soon. Losing in the way that they have been takes a really big toll.

Reminds me of a poor mans Paul Pierce.
[/QUOTE

Reminds me of a guy that won’t be in the program next year. Teddy will declare for the NBA draft, which is probably for the best. Teddy’s about Teddy. His true colors are showing. Not a surprise.

Teddy just strikes me as a guy that has a huge chip on his shoulder and it's both his best attribute and worst fault at the same time. If he could use that for positive and eliminate the negative he'd be really good.
meh... How about if he'd jump for a rebound or stop making lazy passes? Maybe not laugh after Doc scolds him for the punch to the face technical foul. His game is extremely one dimensional, and his mental break downs are as equally bad if not worse than his scoring is good.

He has a terrible start to the game, gets benched for most of the first half, then instead of just quitting he responds by dragging the team back into the game by dropping 19 in the 2nd half, but now Hoiberg needs to kick him off the team for setting the ball down instead of launching a meaningless half court shot? You're all crazy. Get a grip.

Reactions: stonesak
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT