ADVERTISEMENT

Taylor Heinicke....oh my.

dinglefritz

Nebraska Legend
Jan 14, 2011
Just imagine IF we had offered the Georgia state player of the year with offers from Old Dominion etc like Taylor Heinicke. People would have lost their minds. He would have been a perfect fit for Frost's offense. Holy cow was he good last night for Washington. I always liked him when I saw him in the preseason for the Vikings and then he got drunk apparently and put his foot through a glass door. He would have probably started that year for them when their starter got hurt but instead he was on IR. He made himself a BUNCH of money last night with his performance. Good heavens he was good against a very good defense. Only INT was a ball that was tipped.

I recall a Husker QB throwing for 266 yards and a TD while running for 72 and 2 TD’s at #6 Ohio State. It’s easy to build a bandwagon off one game.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
I recall a Husker QB throwing for 266 yards and a TD while running for 72 and 2 TD’s at #6 Ohio State. It’s easy to build a bandwagon off one game.
true. This guy though when he was on the Vikings roster I thought was very impressive as a rookie. Good arm talent and extremely mobile. Gamer. IF he had not injured himself, he might have started multiple games for them that year. He has some talent as he had bounced around the NFL for a while before going back to finish his degree in Math. Very athletic kid with a pretty good and accurate arm. He's better than most backup QBs I see in the league and for damned sure better than the first round pick Washington just cut. I was happy for him last night. Great performance playing with a freshly separated non-throwing shoulder.

Last edited:
Just imagine IF we had offered the Georgia state player of the year with offers from Old Dominion etc like Taylor Heinicke. People would have lost their minds. He would have been a perfect fit for Frost's offense. Holy cow was he good last night for Washington. I always liked him when I saw him in the preseason for the Vikings and then he got drunk apparently and put his foot through a glass door. He would have probably started that year for them when their starter got hurt but instead he was on IR. He made himself a BUNCH of money last night with his performance. Good heavens he was good against a very good defense. Only INT was a ball that was tipped.
I turned on game and said "Who?" He was solid.

I turned on game and said "Who?" He was solid.
I've taken not of him after he left the Vikings. He got one start for a Carolina I think and their O line wasn't very good at that time. Seems like he got knocked out of that game with an injury. Love his athleticism and he always seems to go to the right place with the ball. Can buy time with his feet. The Patriots need to try to sign him but I suspect after last night that Snyder will sign him to a better deal. Smith is probably done and they need a young QB. I would think they would be smarter to go after other pieces and keep Heinicke than to draft a QB in the first round. Washington's OC was in on signing him at Minnesota before I think so I can see them keeping him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT