ADVERTISEMENT

Tarantino's latest...

Went. It's Tarantino so you'll like it if you liked all of his previous films and not if you didn't. Long film. Lot's of attention to set design details. You likely won't catch all of those details in one viewing. Good pairing of Leo and Brad as the lead characters/stars - they work well together. It's basically a Tarantino valentine to the Hollywood of 1969 when there was a lot of change taking place at the time.

Went. It's Tarantino so you'll like it if you liked all of his previous films and not if you didn't. Long film. Lot's of attention to set design details. You likely won't catch all of those details in one viewing. Good pairing of Leo and Brad as the lead characters/stars - they work well together. It's basically a Tarantino valentine to the Hollywood of 1969 when there was a lot of change taking place at the time.
Leo was incredible in Django Unchained. Brad was great in Inglorious Basterds. Margot Robbie is hot as hell. Can't wait to see it.

How could you not like the end of Inglorious Bastards? It was part of what made the movie great!
Couple things, first ,why meet up in a public place with the female spy where shit could and did go south with the Nazis? Just meet in private. Second, Christoph Waltz character the Jew Hunter was dedicated to killling or capturing Jews all of a sudden flips and makes a deal once he's got them?? And after all the reports he's heard about the Basterds did he really think Aldo the Apache wouldn't brand him?? Just fizzled at the end for me

How could you not like the end of Inglorious Bastards? It was part of what made the movie great!
Django, same kinda deal. After Django and Waltz killed Calvin Candy and all those people?? To just sell him when he was caught and about to be snipped and bleed out? For the La Quint Dickey mining boys to let Django go and give him a gun?? Really??? Dumb, what did they think he was gonna do?? Oops

Last edited:
Reactions: huskerfan1414
Django, same kinda deal. After Django and Waltz killed Calvin Candy and all those people?? To just sell him when he was caught and about to be snipped and bleed out? For the La Quint Dickey mining boys to let Django go and give him a gun?? Really??? Dumb, what did they think he was gonna do?? Oops
Another thing about Django. Why go through the charade about buying mandingos? Why not just offer the 12 k for the girl and be done with it? Which Candy accepted btw, And, they bought her back, had the paperwork. Just shake his hand, leave. Come back and kill him another time.

That's why Pulp Fiction and Dogs are his best IMO. Groundbreaking movies that changed cinema and introduced you to the crazy twisted mind of Tarantino.

I agree on Pulp Fiction, as it was one of the first forays into a non-sequential script, but Reservoir Dogs, while a good movie, didn't really evolve much as a script to me.

On a 1-10 "Tarantino violence scale," where does "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood" rate?

Along the lines of Jackie Brown. About 2 minutes that border on comedic violence. It was OK...probable won't watch again unless it's on in the background on TV sometime.

Reactions: 9and4
Couple things, first ,why meet up in a public place with the female spy where shit could and did go south with the Nazis? Just meet in private. Second, Christoph Waltz character the Jew Hunter was dedicated to killling or capturing Jews all of a sudden flips and makes a deal once he's got them?? And after all the reports he's heard about the Basterds did he really think Aldo the Apache wouldn't brand him?? Just fizzled at the end for me

The officer that organized the viewing of the movie at the smaller theater wanted to impress his superiors, and Hitler, but I believe it was also an off the beaten path location, where they thought they wouldn't be sabotaged.

It was part of Waltz character to do something like take the deal. Would you expect anything less from someone that had shown lack of character throughout the film? Notice how QT had given each of the Nazis an underlying lack of spine. And ultimately isn't it like a Nazi responsible for murdering defenseless people to take a deal like he got?

Another thing about Django. Why go through the charade about buying mandingos? Why not just offer the 12 k for the girl and be done with it? Which Candy accepted btw, And, they bought her back, had the paperwork. Just shake his hand, leave. Come back and kill him another time.

With Candy's character, would you trust that he would agree to allowing a slave to have her freedom, vs selling them and exploiting slaves via mandingo fighting? I don't think they were certain that he would agree to releasing her. After all, he would rather allow dogs to tear one of his slaves apart, rather than show compassion.

Anybody like The Hateful Eight? I thought it was absolutely hilarious, but I know I'm in the minority.

I would rank the Tarantino movies that I've seen like this..

1. Inglorious Basterds
2a. Jackie Brown
2b. Pulp Fiction
4. Django
5. Reservoir Dogs
6. Hateful 8
7. Kill Bill 1
8. Kill Bill 2

He said "The Jew Hunter" name was given to him and it stuck. He didn't proclaim to be it...when they were discussing nicknames. He knew the Germans were going to lose the war and just wanted to feather his bed AND he had the man captured that could be his bargaining chip. Pretty simple. A Movie Star would be hard to meet in private which is why they had to do it as they did...and, as they said, nobody expected those Germans to be in a small town, obscure bar. She was headed to the premier with her crew in tow so they DID have to be seen, or noticed prior to arrival, I would assume.

I remember when my name on here was The Liberal Hunter and all the Libs that love this movie went batshit when I said replace the word Jew with Liberal in the opening scene interrogation and..ohhhhh....that's a bingo!(is that how you say it?)

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Anybody like The Hateful Eight? I thought it was absolutely hilarious, but I know I'm in the minority.
I still enjoyed hateful eight, but Tarantino is one of my faves and my expectations for his films are high. I’d put H8 below all his other films including the Kill Bills.

I would rank the Tarantino movies that I've seen like this..

1. Inglorious Basterds
2a. Jackie Brown
2b. Pulp Fiction
4. Django
5. Reservoir Dogs
6. Hateful 8
7. Kill Bill 1
8. Kill Bill 2

Jackie Brown never really dug that one. I/B. KB 1 & 2, I could watch those all day. I view KB more as a Love Story and, love gone wrong, more than anything...just what happens when love goes wrong in assassin world. Prob PF then RD then Django(a little too much blame whitey for me), H8 then JB. H8 wasn't too bad, really liked the premise, but seemed to try to shoehorn his standard actors into parts they didn't seem to fit..fake accents and such.

I liked it. Sam Jackson and Kurt Russell were great. I know some people thought it was slow and dragged but I liked the who done it vibe and you actually felt like you were in that cabin in the Wyoming blizzard.

liked the premise but many were miscast, just to use his standard actors, it seemed.

Jackie Brown never really dug that one. I/B. KB 1 & 2, I could watch those all day. I view KB more as a Love Story and, love gone wrong, more than anything...just what happens when love goes wrong in assassin world. Prob PF then RD then Django(a little too much blame whitey for me), H8 then JB. H8 wasn't too bad, really liked the premise, but seemed to try to shoehorn his standard actors into parts they didn't seem to fit..fake accents and such.

I liked Jackie Brown because it wasn't so dialogue driven, like most of his flicks. Pulp Fiction was a little too much on that front for me.

The officer that organized the viewing of the movie at the smaller theater wanted to impress his superiors, and Hitler, but I believe it was also an off the beaten path location, where they thought they wouldn't be sabotaged.

It was part of Waltz character to do something like take the deal. Would you expect anything less from someone that had shown lack of character throughout the film? Notice how QT had given each of the Nazis an underlying lack of spine. And ultimately isn't it like a Nazi responsible for murdering defenseless people to take a deal like he got?
Fair enough. Just didn't like the endings.

I need to watch the Kill Bill flicks again. They just didn't resonate as much as the others when I first saw them. But it's been quite a while since I saw them.

With Candy's character, would you trust that he would agree to allowing a slave to have her freedom, vs selling them and exploiting slaves via mandingo fighting? I don't think they were certain that he would agree to releasing her. After all, he would rather allow dogs to tear one of his slaves apart, rather than show compassion.
I think he would have let them walk knowing he had got the better of them. Why go through the charade of signing her over if he was just going to kill them? And he had the dogs rip him apart because Django kinda gave him the go ahead to show he wasn't soft. Leo's character was crazy good. That scene where he slammed his hand on the glass and cut himself and Tarantino told him to go with it was epic. The look and reaction of the girl when he rubbed his blood over her face was improvised and her horrified reaction was priceless.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT