ADVERTISEMENT

Tanner Farmer dropped the mic!

I posted already on RSS. No other upperclassman I want to see succeed more than this kid. He has fully "bought in," hardworking blue collar family, fully exudes The Nebraska Way.

Apologies to Tuco for posting again, but I can't help it. GBR

Last edited:
Tanner has been always been my favorite player ever since the day he step foot on campus even before he committed. He loves Nebraska and the perfect environment for him to pursue his collage career. He’s very intelligent and down to earth and very hard worker. Can’t ask anything more from him. I would love to see him to be very successful this year and be an all B1G Center or guard. And then become a starter every Sunday and then become all pro. GBR

That was a great interview, he did a fantastic job! Really excited to see what this team can do this season! I for one think there will be some surprised looks and raised eyebrows from folks around the nation who are already writing us off because of 4-8 last year. It won’t be a 4-8 season this year. When this program starts firing on all cylinders... watch out! Husker Power is back!

All talk and bravado aside, what I do really like, is that he actually looks like a Nebraska o-lineman now.
It was mind boggling over the last 5-6 years how these junior/senior players didn’t look any different from freshman/sophomores. There was almost zero physical development.

Now, Tanner Farmer looks a lineman should.

One thing is certain they look the part of a good Big10 team from a physical standpoint that as not the case the last few years

It’s an interview? Was he supposed to run out of the room and pancake Mick or something?

Nope just tired of all the talk. Best summer ever, culture has changed, blah, blah, blah it's time for some of these guys to go out and prove it on the field. Been hearing the same sh#t for the past 15 years, and hopefully Frost is able to change it, but it's going to require guys like Farmer to step up their game.

Reactions: Chuck003
Nope just tired of all the talk. Best summer ever, culture has changed, blah, blah, blah it's time for some of these guys to go out and prove it on the field. Been hearing the same sh#t for the past 15 years, and hopefully Frost is able to change it, but it's going to require guys like Farmer to step up their game.
giphy.gif

Let us be excited. No matter the year I love when its football time

My grandma just died wanna talk about that too

Things feel different than the first year of the coaches post-Solich. Really think the S&C has made improvements and there is more Nebraska passion. Will the talent match the desire? Will the desire stay after the first loss? Think the answer is yes to both.

Things feel different than the first year of the coaches post-Solich. Really think the S&C has made improvements and there is more Nebraska passion. Will the talent match the desire? Will the desire stay after the first loss? Think the answer is yes to both.
For one thing, I think the last staff's attitude about losing was, well, it was just another game. They didn't feel a loss was life or death, which in the state of Nebraska, it darn near is. I also think after the N. Ill loss, Riley mailed it in and that filtered down to the whole team. I see this staff really hating losing and can't imagine them ever mailing it in. So these factors will help with the player's desire after the first loss.

Love this stuff from Farmer. I’m surprised but perfectly ok with how open players have been about throwing previous staff under the bus. The same message has come from different players about how things were before Frost. And it really validates everything us fans could see from afar.

It’s early and I’m already feeling drunk off the kool aid. Things might get weird later.

EXACTLY. Talk is cheap. Farmer is finally going to pick it up after his time here that was not just average , but poor? Squat 765 20 times, it doesn't matter. Excite the fan-base, it doesn't matter. Prove it on the field-that matters. I am not convinced that he has " seen the light" Prove it on the field, Tanner. Prove me wrong. From what I have seen out of him during his time here, has been very sub-par. I hope I am wrong, but the good ones- 80 percent of the time- poor coaching or not, have it in them from the get go. He has been below average his entire career, and now because he says what he says, he is a future all-american. Prove me wrong and do it. Slow your roll on him, because I am not convinced. I saw him dominated on a consistent basis, by 245 pound DL's. Now he has found the "killer instinct" or whatever. Where was it the last couple of years? I get it. Coaching or whatever. Most of those guys have it from the get go. He does not. I hope I am wrong. players like him and Freedom, both below-average their entire careers, will be superstars now because they said some great things about the team? I think not. Frost? He is the right one to lead the team. However, look to the young ones that keep their mouth shut. They will be the players that will take us over the hump. Not some upper-classman that have been horrible their entire careers, and now want to tell everyone that they "woke up" or whatever. Even on bad teams, the real players-future NFL player's- will rise up and overcome. These guys had the chance and did not. Will they ever? I highly doubt it. Improve? of course. That is it. Be world beaters? C'mon now.

I agree the field is where it needs to happen, but with games a month away it’s talk/kool aid season.
O-Line is the consensus #1 concern going into the season, in particular depth at OT, but coaches have seemed to speak more highly of O-line than secondary.
I dont know what kind of ceiling the line has, but it seems absolutely clear players had no chance with the instruction they got previously. This year is an opportunity for guys to max their potential. Skepticism is normal after what fans have been through, but at least we got a better environment for potential to shine.

Reactions: Chuck003
EXACTLY. Talk is cheap. Farmer is finally going to pick it up after his time here that was not just average , but poor? Squat 765 20 times, it doesn't matter. Excite the fan-base, it doesn't matter. Prove it on the field-that matters. I am not convinced that he has " seen the light" Prove it on the field, Tanner. Prove me wrong. From what I have seen out of him during his time here, has been very sub-par. I hope I am wrong, but the good ones- 80 percent of the time- poor coaching or not, have it in them from the get go. He has been below average his entire career, and now because he says what he says, he is a future all-american. Prove me wrong and do it. Slow your roll on him, because I am not convinced. I saw him dominated on a consistent basis, by 245 pound DL's. Now he has found the "killer instinct" or whatever. Where was it the last couple of years? I get it. Coaching or whatever. Most of those guys have it from the get go. He does not. I hope I am wrong. players like him and Freedom, both below-average their entire careers, will be superstars now because they said some great things about the team? I think not. Frost? He is the right one to lead the team. However, look to the young ones that keep their mouth shut. They will be the players that will take us over the hump. Not some upper-classman that have been horrible their entire careers, and now want to tell everyone that they "woke up" or whatever. Even on bad teams, the real players-future NFL player's- will rise up and overcome. These guys had the chance and did not. Will they ever? I highly doubt it. Improve? of course. That is it. Be world beaters? C'mon now.
I don't agree. On crappy teams, yeah there is the occasional player that plays like an all American despite poor coaching. But the majority of players need good coaching and development to play at that level and a guy who has done nothing his entire career could turn into much better players. Just look at Suh, Dillard, Prince, and Asante after Bo took over.

And I'm not convinced it starts with the young players. The younger players will always take after the older players a bit, so you need everyone on the team to improve if you want the young players to improve as well. I'm not convinced we struck out on every upperclassmen and a lot of the freshman and sophomores are world beaters when most of both groups were recruited by Riley.

I think they are doing and saying all the right things, can't find fault with that. Especially those seniors on the team seem to understand "put up or shut up" this year. Personally, I will be happy seeing visible progress with this team in 2018. Better line play, better defense, better running game, etc. Players that don't quit, heads in the game, fewer stupid penalties, etc.

I will be more than happy if they prove me wrong and do better than 6 wins and a bowl game. But until they do, I don't think there are guaranteed wins any more and I want them to play like they have something to prove.

Tanner expects to improve this year but being a 3-year starter and Pro Football Focus 2-time All-Conference Guard is not below average and poor.

Reactions: blfarmer73
Sometimes the talk is true, sometimes it isn't. Won't know until the games are played whether it's smoke or truth.
One thing's for sure, no one who says "We're going to have a long year" or "We're going to suck" ends up a winning team.

Watch Suh under Billy C.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT