ADVERTISEMENT

Super Bowl predictions?? ...and whatta ya makin?

litespeedhuskerfan

Nebraska Legend
Aug 27, 2006
Obviously I'm going with the Chiefs cause they're my team...but I also think they have an advantage at the most important position on the field, and on the sideline, and FG kicker....Normally those advantages translate into big wins...then add in the Chiefs D? Winner winner chicken dinner.

I know the niners D gets all the pub, but the Chiefs D, especially in the second half, is as good as they come.

What worries me though is McCaffery....if the Niners can get him rolling it could be a long day...but I'm going Chiefs by 10

...and I'm doing smoked queso on my smoker!!

I’m watching because I like football but I’ve got to root for who I despise the least. Can’t stand mahomes and maauto, I also despise kittle and don’t like bosa or mcaffery, so it comes down to who I’d rather have beers with- Andy or Kyle. I pick Andy as Kyle’s gay ass flat bill hats annoy me. Can they both lose? Damn I wish the Lions would’ve made it.

Considered smoked queso as Ive never done it before but not sure, thought about some other dips. Might smoke bacon wrapped smokies though.

I made snoked queso for a party on New Years Eve ...I liked it, but didn't think it was anything soecial...but the people at the party raved and said it tasted exactly like Chiplote's...so I'll make it again...same people will be there and ya gotta give the people what they want right? It takes a loooooong time though. Hours.

I stopped watching most nfl games when they decided to kneel and it really seemed scripted to favor Tom Brady. however I do watch highlights of the chief’s love mahomes so go chiefs

Last edited:
I’m watching because I like football but I’ve got to root for who I despise the least. Can’t stand mahomes and maauto, I also despise kittle and don’t like bosa or mcaffery, so it comes down to who I’d rather have beers with- Andy or Kyle. I pick Andy as Kyle’s gay ass flat bill hats annoy me. Can they both lose? Damn I wish the Lions would’ve made it.
Do you like anyone? Do you hate all those guys you named because they are good?

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Do you like anyone? Do you hate all those guys you named because they are good?
I don't hate any of them, have always disliked Mahomes because of his whiny bitch ass personality, Can't stand Kelces party boy bravado, Kittle is from Iowa, he's got that nasty drifter I live under a bridge with my 2 goats persona, Bosa because he's a cock, Mcaffery because he couldn't talk sense into his bitch ass little brother to stay and be a football tool for NU. I hate flat bill hats, that's why I want to snatch it off Kyles doofus face every time I see it. I like Andy Reid, just so happens he coaches for the biggest band wagon fanbase of all time so I despise the Queifs with a passion. Hell no I don't hate them because they are good, I respect them all for their abilities.

Chiefs by at least one score, sad day for heterosexuals and gym-goers.

big turnover in the 4th quarter to seal the 49ers fate. there will be numerous questionable calls on both sides.

Reactions: SomedayHusker
I don't hate any of them, have always disliked Mahomes because of his whiny bitch ass personality, Can't stand Kelces party boy bravado, Kittle is from Iowa, he's got that nasty drifter I live under a bridge with my 2 goats persona, Bosa because he's a cock, Mcaffery because he couldn't talk sense into his bitch ass little brother to stay and be a football tool for NU. I hate flat bill hats, that's why I want to snatch it off Kyles doofus face every time I see it. I like Andy Reid, just so happens he coaches for the biggest band wagon fanbase of all time so I despise the Queifs with a passion. Hell no I don't hate them because they are good, I respect them all for their abilities.
Fair lol

Reactions: RedBaloneyPony
At some point, any good storyline has an epic heel turn (Hogan joins the NWO, Andre The Giant sides with the Brain, Shawn Michaels give Marty Jannetty the sweet chin music)…the NFL has been cucking the Chiefs for way too long…the storyline shifts to the villains in SF!

Niners by 14

• Love
Reactions: HBK4life
I don't think you bet against Mahomes, but I'd say the 49'ers are the better team overall

Still not sure if this will be a low scoring, or high scoring game.

If low scoring - Chiefs
High scoring - 49ers

I don't care who ya are, that there is funny as hell.

I’m holding a KC +700 ticket following their wild card win

But I’m now treating that as my hedge

I like the 49ers. A lot. Mostly because every square in squareville loves the chiefs but the line keeps moving away from them.

Spoiler alert.. Supposedly it will be 27-14 Chiefs.. After the game, Kelce drops a knee and proposes to Swift.. BOOM

• Haha
Reactions: bigboxes
Betting against Mahomes hasn’t been a good strategy for anyone. Dude is 9 or 10-3 as an underdog, or somewhere in that neighborhood. Gimme the Chefs.

Reactions: scarletred
I think the 49er's will play well in the first half, but the Super Bowl experience of the Chiefs will dominate the second half. Purdy is gonna Purdy like Purdys do and throw that late game interception that will preserve the win for Kansas City.

Reactions: blackshirts25
I’m holding a KC +700 ticket following their wild card win

But I’m now treating that as my hedge

I like the 49ers. A lot. Mostly because every square in squareville loves the chiefs but the line keeps moving away from them.
This is my play exactly also with a +700 chiefs future after they beat the dolphins. I will be hedging and that sucks but it is what it is. The amount of people betting on the chiefs is astounding and they are paying WAY too much. They could’ve easily had the chiefs favored and people still would’ve smashed their line but they had to make it even more enticing. EVERY popular parlay has Kelce scoring with stupid low odds, makes me think he won’t.

This is reminiscent of the Bengals when they and Burrow had every symbolic reason to beat the Rams but the public money hammered the Orange and black. Vegas is 30-2 in the last 32 super bowls in making money (wow, they’re so smart at football 😆 ) Ironically though, their first loss in that group involved the 49’ers.

I will be looking hard for clues on gameday for prop bets, like when OBJ’s son was born on the morning of that Super Bowl, him getting a TD was automatic and hedged my loss on the Bengals.

For food: My friends and I drunkenly invented what we call Husker Steak Dogs a few years ago. It is a grilled hot link on a brat or hoagie bun, topped with shredded and fried Philly steak meat, drizzled with a homemade cheese sauce and other toppings of choice, baked or smoked for just a few minutes to add some crunch. They are incredible and I highly recommend them

I don't like the Niners. Hate the Chiefs. But how can you go against Mahomes unless you are a homer. Chiefs 27-24.

The Super Bowl is such a a hard day food wise. I'm on Day 41 of no alcohol and no sweets. Down 19 lbs so far. Probably going to make some buffalo wings.
Congrats on the health kick. It’s not easy.

Reactions: bigboxes

You have to appreciate the candor in these statements.

Well cooking time won't be in my favor. Guess we're going to the NU wbb game and then beat it home for the superbowl.

So going with the old standbys of wings and nachos

I'm going with the niners but expect kc to win

• Wow
Reactions: TampaBaySkers
How amazing do you feel?

Yes, I do feel good. I posted in early 2016 about losing 50 lbs in 6 months. I gave up alcohol and sweets and hit my treadmill religiously and the weight came off. I even lost an additional 20 lbs after that over the following year, even though I was off my restrictions. I vowed to never let myself go that much again.

Fast forward to a couple of months ago. I was 20 lbs over my lowest weight. Not anything like the other time. But I definitely had a tire and every time I would go over a bump while driving, my moobs and fat would bounce. My pants was feeling tight. I knew what I had to do.

So, I cut out the alcohol and sweets and hit my treadmill daily. Ten pounds down the first week. But that just was water weight and whatever was being held in my gut. The hard work was coming. I got to 30 days and it seemed I was in the same shape. But I knew it's because I was the same shape. The fat doesn't come off where you see it the most (belly for us men). I was losing it in my face and extremities and I just hadn't noticed it yet. I did notice the sagging skin in my belly and my thighs. Then, I read where we lose collagen as we age. Sometimes this aging thing sucks ass. LOL.

I like to binge carbs. However, it's not good for my body and my health. I don't want to become a diabetic and have problems with mobility. The answer is to not let myself go to much. I think of this as a correction. I can maintain my body weight if I moderate my intake of carbs. But in order for me to lose weight, I have to give up the alcohol and sweets while I do so. When I got to 30 days, I decided to go for 60. We'll see where I plateau. @planored thinks I'm to light. I was never a stocky guy. I was twig boy with a high metabolism. I used to run a lot, but after arthritis surgery in 2010 on my right foot I could no longer do that (and not be in a lot of pain when I walked). I am able to walk very fast. Combined with the incline, I was able to raise my heart rate to give myself the cardio I needed to lose weight.

I miss my beer. Maybe in another three weeks.

Yes, I do feel good. I posted in early 2016 about losing 50 lbs in 6 months. I gave up alcohol and sweets and hit my treadmill religiously and the weight came off. I even lost an additional 20 lbs after that over the following year, even though I was off my restrictions. I vowed to never let myself go that much again.

Fast forward to a couple of months ago. I was 20 lbs over my lowest weight. Not anything like the other time. But I definitely had a tire and every time I would go over a bump while driving, my moobs and fat would bounce. My pants was feeling tight. I knew what I had to do.

So, I cut out the alcohol and sweets and hit my treadmill daily. Ten pounds down the first week. But that just was water weight and whatever was being held in my gut. The hard work was coming. I got to 30 days and it seemed I was in the same shape. But I knew it's because I was the same shape. The fat doesn't come off where you see it the most (belly for us men). I was losing it in my face and extremities and I just hadn't noticed it yet. I did notice the sagging skin in my belly and my thighs. Then, I read where we lose collagen as we age. Sometimes this aging thing sucks ass. LOL.

I like to binge carbs. However, it's not good for my body and my health. I don't want to become a diabetic and have problems with mobility. The answer is to not let myself go to much. I think of this as a correction. I can maintain my body weight if I moderate my intake of carbs. But in order for me to lose weight, I have to give up the alcohol and sweets while I do so. When I got to 30 days, I decided to go for 60. We'll see where I plateau. @planored thinks I'm to light. I was never a stocky guy. I was twig boy with a high metabolism. I used to run a lot, but after arthritis surgery in 2010 on my right foot I could no longer do that (and not be in a lot of pain when I walked). I am able to walk very fast. Combined with the incline, I was able to raise my heart rate to give myself the cardio I needed to lose weight.

Congrats on your journey..love these success stories.

I went keto a few weeks ago...son and I have a mtn bike trip to Moab in late April...he's already 30 years younger...don't need to spot him 15 extra pounds to!!

When I was younger all I needed to do to lose weight was switch to lite beer. It's a little more effort now. Haha.

Good for you, man.

That’s awesome

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT