ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday, May 14th Nebraska vs Penn State (Huskers win 8-5)

I really don’t understand why we are playing small ball against Penn State. I know the Nittany Lions have been less than stellar on defense this weekend but I’d prefer to play for big innings.

I really don’t understand why we are playing small ball against Penn State. I know the Nittany Lions have been less than stellar on defense this weekend but I’d prefer to play for big innings.
Setting a precedent of forcing guys to not take selfish at bats and it’s been working as we are 2-0 against them this weekend. I’m ok with my myself as what we have been doing honestly hasn’t worked lately.

Getting a little tight here.
Somebody tell Bolt it’s not all or nothing regarding HR ball and small ball. Now it’s like he’s trying to prove something. Lead off double. You don’t need to bunt the runner over to 3rd. It’s Penn State, not a top 10 pitching staff. Stop giving them outs. And if you want to play small ball, just have Brice lay a bunt to the right side for an easy single/RBI.

Last edited:
Somebody tell Bolt it’s not all or nothing regarding HR ball and small ball. Now it’s like he’s trying to prove something. Lead off double. You don’t need to bunt the runner over to 3rd. It’s Penn State, not done to 10 pitching staff. Stop giving them outs. And if you want to play small ball, just have Brice lay a bunt to the right side for an easy single/RBI.
I don’t feel it has been over the top myself and it’s worked this weekend. Would it work against Maryland? Probably not, but unless we go to crap in the top of the 9th it’s worked.

I don’t feel it has been over the top myself and it’s worked this weekend. Would it work against Maryland? Probably not, but unless we go to crap in the top of the 9th it’s worked.
The results were good today. Had a number of hard hit balls find gloves in RBI situations and still scored 8.

Reactions: RobsterMobster
The results were good today. Had a number of hard hit balls find gloves in RBI situations and still scored 8.
Found a way to win despite being outhit. You never what you’ll get with this team.

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT