ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday, March 27th: Nebraska vs Michigan - (Huskers lose 6-1)

Husker Lineup:

1. Matthews - SS
2. Chick - LF
3. Anderson - 3B
4. Everitt - C
5. Anglim - RF
6. Caron - DH
7. Steil - 1B
8. Jackson - 2B
9. Sartori - CF

Michigan Lineup:

1. Elliot - RF
2. Stewart - CF
3. Frey - 3B
4. Obertop - C
5. Burton - 1B
6. Flores - LF
7. Bertram - SS
8. Rogers - DH
9. Fedje-Johnson - 2B

No updates from me today as I’m at the game and it’s too cold. Haha I can update score highlights if nobody else is able.

Top 1

Elliot K
Stewart 1B to CF
Caught stealing, nice pick & tag by Brice
Frey F7, nice sliding play by Cam in foul territory

Bottom 1

Matthews BB
Chick F4
Anderson FC reaches safely, SS didn't touch the bag
Runners on 1B & 2B
No review in today's game

Everitt K
Anglim BB
Bases juiced
Caron K

Big opportunity wasted, 0-2 with RISP.

0-0

Top 2

Obertop 1B to LF
Burton HBP
Runners on 1B & 2B
Flores K
Bertram RBI 2B to RF
Runners on 2B & 3B
Rogers RBI 4-3
Runner on 3B
Johnson BB
Runners on the corners
Elliot K

Dawson fell behind 6 hitters this inning, while plunking 1 on the first pitch

Them 2-0

Bottom 3

Steil 6-3
Jackson 1-3, drag attempt
Sartori K

10-pitch inning, after a 26-pitch 1st 🤢

Them 2-0

15 extra base hits for Michigan this series now with the home run in the 3rd. Brutal.

Top 3

Stewart K
Frey HR to RC
Obertop 1B to RF
Burton F8
Runner remains at 1B
Flores 5-3

Them 3-0

Last edited:
Bottom 3

Matthews F3, first pitch
Chick F7, first pitch
Anderson HR to RF
Everitt 6-3

Them 3-1

Bottom 4

Anglim K
Caron 5-3
Steil 2B to LC
Jackson 1-3, non-competitive AB

0-3 with RISP.

Them 3-1

Last edited:
Top 5

Elliot K
Stewart F4
Frey 6-3, from the right side

Dawson has retired 8 straight.

Them 3-1

Bottom 5

Sartori K
Matthews 5-3
Chick 1B to RF
Anderson 6-3

Denner entered this game with a 6.93 ERA

Them 3-1

Top 6

Obertop 6-3
Burton 1B to LF
Steals 2B
Flores BB
Runners on 1B & 2B
Hood now on the bump

Bertram 4-6-3 (big time CJ Hood!)

McCarville's line: 5.1 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 8 K

Them 3-1

How much are we missing Hallmark who could've come back, Acker and Roskam in the lineup, especially Hallmark on leadoff? Missing their bats HUGE!

Bottom 6

Everitt K
Anglim BB
Caron K
Steals 2B
Steil BB
Runners on 1B & 2B
Michigan goes to the bullpen, Rennard

Jackson F7
Brutal strike 1 on Core. Harvell warned

Skers 0-4 with RISP

Them 3-1

How much are we missing Hallmark who could've come back, Acker and Roskam in the lineup, especially Hallmark on leadoff? Missing their bats HUGE!

Acker & Roskam didn't have any eligibility left.
I know that as I said Hallmark could've come back and that was the only one that I was referring to coming back in that post as Acker and Roskam had no eligiblity left by my point is how huge it is missing their bats in the lineup

Top 7

Rogers 1B to LF
Rogers steals 2B but sent back to 1B due Johnson leaving box on bunt attempt
Johnson out on batters interference
Tyler Martin in relief
Elliot HBP
Runners on 1B & 2B
Mason Ornelas in relief, assumes a 1-0 count on Stewart

Stewart BB
Bases juiced
Johnson RBI 4-1
Runners on 2B & 3B
Wild pitch scores 1
Runner on 3B

Obertop F7

Hood's line: 1 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 0 K

Them 5-1

Bottom 7

Banjoff K (ball 4) PH for Sartori
Matthews F3
Chick 1B to LF
Anderson 5-3

Blue 5-1

Any guesses on next years starting rotation after everyone graduates? I’m assuming we look at a transfer or two once again.

Top 8

Burton K
Flores 1B to SS (sorry, that's a routine play & should be scored an error. Brice's 10th in 21 games)
Bertram F8
Rogers F7

Them 5-1

Bottom 8

Everitt U3
Anglim 2B to LF
Jessen 4-3 (PH for Caron)
Steil 6-3

Skers 0-5 with RISP

Blue 5-1

McCarville is the only one that is out of eligibility. Frank, Schanaman & Perry can return. I'll wait to see who actually returns before predicting.
I think Frank comes back but who knows if Perry can play and if Shay wants to take a shot at the draft or not. Too early to tell but I was more so assuming if all four are gone. Something to talk about in an otherwise meh game. Haha

I think Frank comes back but who knows if Perry can play and if Shay wants to take a shot at the draft or not. Too early to tell but I was more so assuming if all four are gone. Something to talk about in an otherwise meh game. Haha

I think Shay is done after this season, regardless what happens in the draft although I don't see his name being called. Outside of Schwellenbach, the 2018 class has been a tremendous disappointment & he'd be included too if he didn't pitch in 2021. Yep, I said it.

I think Perry & Frank return, with both in the bullpen.

I think Shay is done after this season, regardless what happens in the draft although I don't see his name being called. Outside of Schwellenbach, the 2018 class has been a tremendous disappointment & he'd be included too if he didn't pitch in 2021. Yep, I said it.

I think Perry & Frank return, with both in the bullpen.
I just don’t feel confident in the older guys whether it be their ceiling or injury history. Also not sure the younger guys will be ready yet. Who knows. A lot of time between now and then. This year I don’t think we make a regional but it could be my need to mentally prepared in case that happens.

I just don’t feel confident in the older guys whether it be their ceiling or injury history. Also not sure the younger guys will be ready yet. Who knows. A lot of time between now and then. This year I don’t think we make a regional but it could be my need to mentality prepared in case that happens.

No disagreement but I will say, we're forced to use a bullpen arm as a Friday guy. Not good, in any scenario. The whole Perry as our Friday guy upon returning from winter break continues to be a head scratcher and mind f***ed some dudes. I warned folks.

Frank in the bullpen. Perry as Sunday, or in the bullpen. Keep an eye on Sears, our RHP from Iowa Central CC. Christo needs to have a huge summer season and get shit figured out. Others have their roles that I believe they fit well. Bradford had done well prior to injury and Bragg rebounded with strong relief performances after getting lit up as a starter.

We have plenty of quality arms that'll be ready for 2023. I believe we'll have a top 12 seed type team.

Assuming he returns, I'll put Jelkin down as our Friday or Saturday guy. He's got the best stuff on the team, but screwed himself - and the team - with immature decisions earlier. He's a RH'd version of Povich (as a pitcher during ganes, nothing else) but has to clean up his off the field stuff as he's very immature.

Last edited:
Top 9

Johnson 5-3, great bare handed play by Max
Elliot BB
Stewart 5-3
Runner on 2B
Chandler Benson in relief

Frey RBI 1B to RF
Corbin Hawkins in relief
Obertop BB
Runners on 1B & 2B
Burton 5-3