ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday, March 12th Nebraska vs Illinois State (1:05pm CT) - Cancelled

Did we hit the temp threshold? It is going to be below freezing today and that's without the wind.

Did we hit the temp threshold? It is going to be below freezing today and that's without the wind.
Technically the temp threshold is just between Big Ten Teams. My guess is both coaches just agreed it was too cold. They went into the series stating they would discuss and decide each day. Not sure it will help our RPI much playing them so I guess it’s a wash.

The real interesting thing will be next weekends games. We have 4 scheduled and I highly doubt we get all 4 in unless the projections change quickly. May only get a couple games in.

Reactions: saluno22
Technically the temp threshold is just between Big Ten Teams. My guess is both coaches just agreed it was too cold. They went into the series stating they would discuss and decide each day. Not sure it will help our RPI much playing them so I guess it’s a wash.

The real interesting thing will be next weekends games. We have 4 scheduled and I highly doubt we get all 4 in unless the projections change quickly. May only get a couple games in.
Next weekend does look dicey at the moment but I never trust a forecast of more than 2-3 days. 🙂

Next weekend does look dicey at the moment but I never trust a forecast of more than 2-3 days. 🙂
Ha, not in Nebraska. I do wonder if they will consider going down to Nichols to play the series instead. I’ll bet they at least look into the possibility as at most we will get 2 games in here if the projection stays true.

Ha, not in Nebraska. I do wonder if they will consider going down to Nichols to play the series instead. I’ll bet they at least look into the possibility as at most we will get 2 games in here if the projection stays true.
Plz let us travel for this series. Plz, plz, plz. Road wins are primo in RPI World.

Someone on twitter claims they know for a fact that moving the next series to somewhere in Kansas or Oklahoma is being discussed.

We did that a few years back with Baylor if memory serves.

Someone on twitter claims they know for a fact that moving the next series to somewhere in Kansas or Oklahoma is being discussed.
These parks look available. I would be good with road-tripping to any of them.

Hoglund Ballpark, Lawrence (KU doesn’t have a home game scheduled until March 29!)
Tointon Family Stadium, Manhattab
Legends Field, KCK
Kauffman Stadium, KCMO

Plz let us travel for this series. Plz, plz, plz. Road wins are primo in RPI World.
I agree when it comes to RPI. That and if the weather sucks I’d rather get my whole season ticket cash back for that weekend rather than general admission replacement tickets. It’s a win in many ways.

General admission replacement tickets for games you already hold season tickets to?
Yep. Last year we had some many I tried donating them as many ways as I could. We weren’t good so that didn’t help either. Ha my issues is I have 5 season tickets so that adds up quick when you get a few cancelled in there.

And now it's Thursday-Friday-Friday rather than a four-game Thu-Sun series.

But some baseball is better than no baseball.
If the forecast holds that Friday night game has no chance. Got a few days, maybe the forecast will brighten.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT