ADVERTISEMENT

Summer Baseball Topics: What is your best Buck Beltzer Memory

RobsterMobster

Administrator
Jan 5, 2010
I grew up in AZ but always came back for Van Horns Baseball camps at The Buck. My favorite memories was robbing Daniel Bruce of a base hit (diving catch in LF) but also lining a shot right at Dave Van Horn which sent him falling over the bucket of balls at the pitchers mound (keep in mind he was behind a cage).

After running to 1st Coach Anderson told us to go help pick up the balls and Van Horn looks at me and says, "just so you know, I'm awake." Laughing

Didn't mean much to me at the time but now I look back and realize how great the players and coaches were at that camp.

Reactions: k9_r
I actually attended a John Sanders camp back in the day. I'm guessing it wasn't the same...

My best Buck memory is from April 14, 2001. It was a Saturday game against Baylor that followed the Red/White football game. The weather was perfect. Attendance broke the school record (for a few weeks, anyway.) Shane Komine threw a complete game. The Big Red won. It was a glorious day. That was when it was clear to me Nebraska baseball finally had appeal to the masses in the state.

I actually attended a John Sanders camp back in the day. I'm guessing it wasn't the same...

My best Buck memory is from April 14, 2001. It was a Saturday game against Baylor that followed the Red/White football game. The weather was perfect. Attendance broke the school record (for a few weeks, anyway.) Shane Komine threw a complete game. The Big Red won. It was a glorious day. That was when it was clear to me Nebraska baseball finally had appeal to the masses in the state.
What I loved about Komine was how he would always sit in the bleachers signing autographs for the kids when he wasn't on the mound pitching.

Reactions: saluno22
I grew up in AZ but always came back for Van Horns Baseball camps at The Buck. My favorite memories was robbing Daniel Bruce of a base hit (diving catch in LF) but also lining a shot right at Dave Van Horn which sent him falling over the bucket of balls at the pitchers mound (keep in mind he was behind a cage).

After running to 1st Coach Anderson told us to go help pick up the balls and Van Horn looks at me and says, "just so you know, I'm awake." Laughing

Didn't mean much to me at the time but now I look back and realize how great the players and coaches were at that camp.

Standing what seemed like 10 feet from the batter and being able to hear everything that went on in the games. The standing area right behind home plate was great. You were also able to get into batters' heads you were so close.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT