ADVERTISEMENT

Streaming Husker Games?

redwine65

Offensive Coordinator
Jun 23, 2010
with today's technology,
I'm surprised each team don't have their own broadcasting, so you just pay for a college football teams stream.
then the conferences job is to collect the advertisers commercials and distribute them to each team how the advertiser directs.
so if clorox wants to advertise during BIG games, they just contact the BIG and work out a deal
then the BIG network just takes what they need to run the show and the rest of the money would be distributed equally.
(and you could have one or two slots for specific advertising, like lets just say a kelly's carpet commercial on just the Nebraska stream)
seems like it would cut out espn, so you would have each team getting paid on how many fans they can get to subscribe.
and you would still have income coming in from advertising....incase they are not the big dogs of the conference.

in this way the big dogs would get more of their fair share for winning, the incentive for improvement is there.
and yet there would be a safety net for the teams the big dogs build their record on.
because without small dogs you don't have big dogs

I know the longhorn network was a bust, but it didn't stream games and other teams didn't have one.
this would also allow teams to have their own media rights, so if they wanted to do a coaches show, they could show game video or sell previous games on their website.

Last edited:
the reason nobody sells television programming ala carte is because most of it wouldn't make any money..

sports would, but the industry as a whole kind of subsidizes itself so that you get a buffet of slop and a couple nice dishes to eat from for a bigger fee than if you were just buying only what you wanted.

my opinion anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT