ADVERTISEMENT

Stolen from Reddit

you got stats for that?
no.

sheepish-grin.gif

Clemson, Alabama, and LSU won their recent national championships in large part because of their hero QB/WR combinations.

This isn’t the 90s anymore, if your guy isnt good enough to be taking snaps on Sunday, you’re never gonna eclipse Pelini/Ferentz success

RB is a dying position relegated to guys who are too short/slow to play WR, and too short/stupid to play QB
I wouldn't call RB a dying position. My NFL team is the Rams and McVay utilizes the running back in various ways. His scheme is heavily reliant on a good run game. And with Kyren Williams (and now rookie Blake Corum), they have one of the best backfields in the league. So much of what McVay does greatly depends on having a stud running back. Think back to when Gurley was in his prime. They went to the Super Bowl.

It also keeps the QB healthy.

If there isn't a good RB then the offense is completely one-dimensional unless you have a freak at QB, like Mahomes.

Any team that wants to win a conference title or make the playoff will need their quarterback to do more than just “not suck”.

I’m ok with Dylan “not sucking” as a true frosh in year 1. After that, he needs to be a playmaker. The kind of qb whose play can cover deficiencies at other positions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT