ADVERTISEMENT

Still Love Coach Frost

LagunaHusker

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 8, 2004
Wigwam, AZ
So N crapped the bed against CU and looked less than impressive against SA. Wouldn’t surprise me if NIU beats us and may not go bowling this year BUT Frost is my man. Must support Coach Frost and just hang in there and give him time. In the meantime I will be cynical and sarcastic.

Reactions: natesonnen
Do we have any real choice..no

If these guys lose today then no bowl game again this year. I think the best thing NU fans can do is just take a break for awhile. Let the coaches and players work on their game without such heavy scrutiny or criticism.

We are committed to Frost for as long as he wants to be here, no other decent coach will come to this graveyard if he fails. I will let him do his thing and hope for the best

Do we have any real choice..no

If these guys lose today then no bowl game again this year. I think the best thing NU fans can do is just take a break for awhile. Let the coaches and players work on their game without such heavy scrutiny or criticism.

We are committed to Frost for as long as he wants to be here, no other decent coach will come to this graveyard if he fails. I will let him do his thing and hope for the best

He’s going to be given time .. but he took a job at a blue blood program with a passionate fan base and signed a top ten national salary - there’s going to be heavy scrutiny. Particularly when the win total has been far less than even the most anemic of expectations.

UCF is a great gig where you can make great money and not face much scrutiny or expectations if that is important.

Harbaugh has won 10 games 3 of his 4 seasons and is hearing criticism.

Last edited:
Reactions: cecilB
We really have no choice. Another coaching change would be ridiculous, but my faith has diminished drastically. Our team looks outright terrible and we will struggle to win today. We have good players and should be decent, but we are not and that falls on the coaches. K State looks much better than our team with inferior talent and a new head coach. Hope I’m wrong, but I don’t think I am at all.

Reactions: WuTang_Husker
Anyone honestly looking at this program is somewhat surprised at this point in Frost’s tenure. This team does not look well coached and undisciplined at times. I am still optimistic and know it’s going to take some time...Just hope it clicks sooner rather than later.

guys have to think like winners before they play like winners. you can copy a winner over and over and over and still not become a winner. deep down in everyones heart the choice has to be made, all in or not. may take a couple more years to clear the guys who came in with the looser riley regime before we see 11 guys working for 60 minutes as winners. not bagging on individual players but time and time again you see the same suspects not stepping up (in fact playing dumber and without effort) when adversity comes calling.

i don't like him.. you could put a long haired wig and makeup on him, and i still wouldn't like him.

He’s going to be given time .. but he took a job at a blue blood program with a passionate fan base and signed a top ten national salary - there’s going to be heavy scrutiny. Particularly when the win total has been far less than even the most anemic of expectations.

UCF is a great gig where you can make great money and not face much scrutiny or expectations if that is important.

The main problem is scrutiny stems from the petulant nature of our most fanatic fans. Anybody with any sense understands that each rebuild is different and this one is a little more intense than others around the country considering how far our talent base had fallen. Fans rely on football to fill a hole in their lives every fall and can't deal with the fact we haven't had a good product, a meaningful season in nine years. It takes patience to let a coach actually install systems that he can recruit to...get four full classes...and instill his system for character and physical development. The last thing a program needs is to listen to immature fans who can't wait for a special product and then start reacting to close losses as if they are systemic issues.

Reactions: tpmcg

Don't care at all about the salary, the fact that he's coaching at a blue blood program with a passionate fan base is enough.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT