ADVERTISEMENT

Statistical reality: No coach at the P5 level has ever become good after 4 straight losing seasons

antirowboat

Junior
Jan 30, 2021
I know I will get some responses with name-calling, rolling the eyes since it's another fire Frost thread, blah, blah. But the reality is, there are many fans out there that need a dose of reality where the statistics do no care where the coach came from, where they coached previous, etc, etc, etc.

Reality: there isn't a single head coach that coached at a P5 school that went onto to have winning seasons and developed a program with consistently ranked teams after starting their first 4 seasons with losing records. Not a single one. When Greg turned around Rutgers he wasn't doing it at the P5 level. Kansas State had a winning season by year 3 when they were the worst program in the country and were at 9 wins by year 5.

The fat lady is singing. Historical stats that go back 50 years shows Scott Frost will never become a winning coach at Nebraska. And when you see where the 2021 recruiting class ranks, his fait is already sealed.

So, accept the statistical reality, get angry, or whatever, I don't care. I care about the facts and winning games.

The best of luck to whatever you do in life Scott Frost. Enjoy the millions with the buyout.

Meh. If he can actually beat Purdue and Iowa I say keep him one more year. Chances of him winning 2 close games against good teams this season is slim to none.

This guy..... ha ha ha, I have been on vacation for a bit, but this guy was calling for Frost to be retained because Nebraska beat Northwestern. Now he is back to polls for the fans to name the next head football coach.
He says he doesn't care. Posts this, then spends the next 72+ hours hitting refresh every 3 minutes on his browser.

ok, this scares me.. let's say we go 2-2 and get to 5-7..

like last year, there could be teams with bowl invites with only 5 wins..

imagine that.. we go 5-7 and this time, go to a bowl game, just to shut up the fans complaining about bowl games, but in reality.. still have a losing record.

It's almost as bad a scenario as AM returning for his 9th season

statistically speaking, nothing in the history of mankind was ever accomplished

until it was
Frost isn't creating a new product or service for the first time, he isn't starting something new that has never been tried before. Just a losing coach with a losing record using the old Oregon offense for the most part.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
We're just a poorly coached football team. The fact is we're sitting here, October 27th with only 3 wins in year 4. One of them is over Fordham! Lol. Maybe the team is talented enough to squeeze out 2 more wins? Yippee! 5 wins. Contract extension

As bad as we all think the results of the last few years have been, it’s actually worse. Kind fanbase is too kind.

I know I will get some responses with name-calling, rolling the eyes since it's another fire Frost thread, blah, blah. But the reality is, there are many fans out there that need a dose of reality where the statistics do no care where the coach came from, where they coached previous, etc, etc, etc.

Reality: there isn't a single head coach that coached at a P5 school that went onto to have winning seasons and developed a program with consistently ranked teams after starting their first 4 seasons with losing records. Not a single one. When Greg turned around Rutgers he wasn't doing it at the P5 level. Kansas State had a winning season by year 3 when they were the worst program in the country and were at 9 wins by year 5.

The fat lady is singing. Historical stats that go back 50 years shows Scott Frost will never become a winning coach at Nebraska. And when you see where the 2021 recruiting class ranks, his fait is already sealed.

So, accept the statistical reality, get angry, or whatever, I don't care. I care about the facts and winning games.

The best of luck to whatever you do in life Scott Frost. Enjoy the millions with the buyout.

We don't have a full set of data to put him in this scenario yet. He very well will end up this season with a losing record, but there are 4 games and a potential bowl game left before any decision or comparison can really be made.

You think you would have learned by your past mistakes and flip flopping and would wait until all of the data is in before making declarations.

Reactions: WHCSC
Yeah most likely he gets fired after next year with a half empty stadium and a smaller buyout. It probably would have been best for both sides to move on now

Reactions: TheBeav815
Yeah most likely he gets fired after next year with a half empty stadium and a smaller buyout. It probably would have been best for both sides to move on now
Look at next year's schedule. There's a very decent chance the team goes 9-3 or better (and I'm not a sunshine pumper - check my history). It just so happens that everything is setting up for a really good year.

Mark it down, by this time next year people are going to be very thankful that Trev made the courageous choice to keep Frost.

2022 Schedule

Look at next year's schedule. There's a very decent chance the team goes 9-3 or better (and I'm not a sunshine pumper - check my history). It just so happens that everything is setting up for a really good year.

Mark it down, by this time next year people are going to be very thankful that Trev made the courageous choice to keep Frost.

2022 Schedule
Hey man hope you are right. That should be the floor then or at least close to it. In year 5 at a program that has national title goals, 6-6 should not be good enough in year 5. Frost needs to have us competing for a conference title.

RollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaugh

Flaming hot take…have never, ever heard this hypothesis before.

Seriously…this is some original shit @Rick.ShawLaughing

828e17e5ea98800a5ea3108ff1f19fae.gif

Reactions: JOHNNY N
Not sure based on 3-9 against this year's schedule gets you to nine wins next season. Based on this season I would bet 7-5 is the ceiling and probably 5-7 or 6-6.

Reactions: Rick.Shaw
But even
RollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaugh

Flaming hot take…have never ever heard this hypothesis before.

Seriously…this is some original shit @Rick.ShawLaughing

911-A3669-04-EE-4-DF5-BD6-D-253820171-A7-F.jpg

But even NOW…even looking past your your Idolization of Nick Nolte (a drunk Nolte nonetheless) because your name is Nick (now that’s original!) and your hillbilly type mannerisms and penchant for never posting ANYTHING of substance…You STILL don’t comprehend the info that is spoon fed to you everyday by multiple posters snd sports columnists (they call it “factual data…win totals, winning percentages…etc”). Instead, you want a coach at Neb that has 4 consecutive losing seasons and a reasonable chance of finishing with a 3-9 record this season (one Power 5 win) to remain in the driver’s seat at the school you cheer for and you’re laughing at MY posts? Relax. Get yourself a brewskie and some Red Man and slide in your DVD copies of “North Dallas 40” or “I Love Trouble” and let people with viable opinions chat about the day’s events. JC. @SantaBarbaraSker

Apparently it is true you cannot fix stupid. One of you will know who I am talking to. The other one probably not.

But even

But even NOW…even looking past your your Idolization of Nick Nolte (a drunk Nolte nonetheless) because your name is Nick (now that’s original!) and your hillbilly type mannerisms and penchant for never posting ANYTHING of substance…You STILL don’t comprehend the info that is spoon fed to you everyday by multiple posters snd sports columnists (they call it “factual data…win totals, winning percentages…etc”). Instead, you want a coach at Neb that has 4 consecutive losing seasons and a reasonable chance of finishing with a 3-9 record this season (one Power 5 win) to remain in the driver’s seat at the school you cheer for and you’re laughing at MY posts? Relax. Get yourself a brewskie and some Red Man and slide in your DVD copies of “North Dallas 40” or “I Love Trouble” and let people with viable opinions chat about the day’s events. JC. @SantaBarbaraSker
Ahhh I couldn’t ignore you Nick. You’re the salt to Stuck’s pepper.

“Rent free” my man…

848a961d6ea73de059d2b26cece3c44c5407d810.gifv

But even

I know, I know…you’re really successful and we are all very impressed with your good fortune but that aside….Lol’s and Emojis…why don’t you just send me posts with ‘I’s’ dotted with hearts and with a p.s. - XOXO?

I know, I know…you’re really successful and we are all very impressed with your good fortune but that aside….Lol’s and Emojis…why don’t you just send me posts with ‘I’s’ dotted with hearts and with a p.s. - XOXO?

LOL…you’re now quoting your own posts, and then commenting on them?

I guess someone has to…RollingLaugh

Seriously…time for bed grandpa.

Reactions: JOHNNY N
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT