ADVERTISEMENT

Statistical comparison of Iowa and Nebraska

Here's an underrated stat: Iowa is about to play their 11th game of the season. They have only played 3 of those 11 games outside the State of Iowa. They have also only played 1 team all season that averages at least 400 yards per game.

That is 2 crazy stats.

Reactions: steelclaw
The fact is that nebby is not a good football team and/or program anymore, really Nebby is not good at anything anymore other than Volleyball......I do respect and appreciate the committed fan base, the history of the football and baseball program, but the key word here is history, meaning past accomplishments....and yes we are well aware that Nebby could very well win the game on next Friday and it helps that it is in Lincoln (respect for Memorial Stadium) and the fact that you have 2 weeks for prep and Iowa has a short week, not to mention all the pressure is on Iowa to win...what are you playing for??? A trip to Detroit? Of the 4 sports that any Iowan cares about (5 if you include Volleyball) Iowa is better at all 4 (not the volleyball) Baseball, football, basketball, and wrestling Iowa>Nebby
This is the first year Iowa has had a better record than NU in a long time. After we beat you, it will be four out of five in the B1G. How sad for you.

Reactions: suhnami
The fact is that nebby is not a good football team and/or program anymore, really Nebby is not good at anything anymore other than Volleyball......I do respect and appreciate the committed fan base, the history of the football and baseball program, but the key word here is history, meaning past accomplishments....and yes we are well aware that Nebby could very well win the game on next Friday and it helps that it is in Lincoln (respect for Memorial Stadium) and the fact that you have 2 weeks for prep and Iowa has a short week, not to mention all the pressure is on Iowa to win...what are you playing for??? A trip to Detroit? Of the 4 sports that any Iowan cares about (5 if you include Volleyball) Iowa is better at all 4 (not the volleyball) Baseball, football, basketball, and wrestling Iowa>Nebby

You're right. Nebraska isn't a good football program anymore. And yet they are 3-1 vs Iowa since joining the Big 10. So that makes Iowa football.....?

Reactions: steelclaw
The fact is that nebby is not a good football team and/or program anymore, really Nebby is not good at anything anymore other than Volleyball.

Really? You go to another fans' message board, complain that too many threads are getting closed and people are being "insta-banned" then you immediately launch off with "Nebby is not good at anything anymore"?.

I've learned a couple things in this thread. Iowa fans enjoy trolling other teams' message boards. And they're terrible at it.

You're having a good year, first in a while, and it's really gone to your head. Settle down.

If that is the case, what the f@#$ is IO_A???? I mean really??? You guys have literally had one decent year. Last year you were all ready to fire Kirky, and wanted him gone. Your attendance is the worst it has been in years.. You guys are so laughable at the shit that comes out of your mouth...

Yet, since Nebraska has joined the Big Ten the Huskers have a better record in league play against a tougher schedule than Iowa. So what does that make Iowa?

Reactions: leodisflowers
I 100% agree. I think if we are able to contain Beathard, and good Tommy comes to play we have a great shot. We are playing better D, and just need to shut down the run. It will be tough because Io_a is confident, but a nice little 2:30 game into the dusk.. Stadium is going to come alive and send those F#%$s into a tailspin. I want nothing better than to knock them off.

Do you idiots who use the Io_a thing realize you're ripping off the real NU? Is plagiarism acceptable at UN-L?

"NU" is a registered trademark of Nebraska Athletics.

Maybe do some research before throwing out the plagiarism card.

Reactions: timnsun
Why in the world are all the other Iowa threads blocked for replys and responses? Is this site that regulated and does anybody else find that to be a problem...I have heard rumors about this site and its over regulation and instant banning and or limitations because of non pro Nebby comments....is this really how this site is run?
Trust me, it is no different than yours...got banned several years ago for god only knows what.

Thanks. Very interesting site. Not real sure it has any validity but very entertaining. I plugged in all kinds of matchups, Iowa vs _____, Nebraska vs _____, Notre Dame vs ______, Oklahoma vs ______. Very cool.

I had to bookmark that one.

That is interesting. Iowa a 47% chance against Alabama on that site. I'll take it.

It is not difficult to do here, rumor has it if you post anything not drinking Nebby Kool-aid you get banned.....not going to post anything childish or anything, just facts and honesty.....as I said it is well known that these things are not allowed here
Anyone can come here to post, it's the trolls that get banned. There have actually been some very decent posts brought over here. Then I see your next post and it's here just to push buttons. Iowa has 1 good year. The you state that Nebby isn't a good program ANYMORE. You're here for one reason and 1 reason only and that's to troll. Have a nice day.

Really? You go to another fans' message board, complain that too many threads are getting closed and people are being "insta-banned" then you immediately launch off with "Nebby is not good at anything anymore"?.

I've learned a couple things in this thread. Iowa fans enjoy trolling other teams' message boards. And they're terrible at it.

You're having a good year, first in a while, and it's really gone to your head. Settle down.

I wouldn't worry about him anymore.

Thanks. Very interesting site. Not real sure it has any validity but very entertaining. I plugged in all kinds of matchups, Iowa vs _____, Nebraska vs _____, Notre Dame vs ______, Oklahoma vs ______. Very cool.

I had to bookmark that one.

I'm not sure it's predictive, but it's interesting, I thought.

Good luck against Purdue this weekend. Unless you do something completely out of character and turn the ball over repeatedly like we did, I doubt you'll need the luck.

I'm not sure it's predictive, but it's interesting, I thought.

Good luck against Purdue this weekend. Unless you do something completely out of character and turn the ball over repeatedly like we did, I doubt you'll need the luck.

Thanks again for posting that link.

I have a new toy thanks to you. I've tried all kinds of combos and there are some interesting results.

As far as Purdue, the hawks SHOULD win, but the football can bounce in unpredictable ways. And a little bit of good luck never hurts. :)

Iowa can push our buttons when they have a decent team (once a decade). Other than that they aren't close in any way shape or form.

T I think it ultimately comes down to one thing - can Nebraska stop Iowa's running game. I0-0 but the two closest games were Pitt and Wisconsin. Both those team contained Iowa's running game and made them win it in the air. In both of those games Iowa's defense made big plays that really were the difference.

I am nervous because I think Nebraska is pretty solid against the run. It may take a TA turnover to bring Iowa a win.

2 closest games? They played several close games. Why does Iowa fan think they are world beaters? They are a very good team, don't get me wrong, but they struggled to win a lot of games this year.

-ISU was tied with 3 minutes to go in the game when Iowa scored and then ISU panicked and threw a pick that led to another TD.
-Pitt, Wisc were obvious close games
-Illinois game was a 3pt game with 4 minutes to go in the game
-NW was a blowout
-Maryland was not competitive
-Indiana, Minny were close games as well

Yes Iowa is 10-0 and has been doing what they need to do to win. But to say the "two close games" is not logical thinking.

Nebraska has played just bad enough t lose these same games that Iowa is winning. For the other Herkie numbnut that says Iowa will piss pound Nebraska is just.......well.......typical Fighting Herk fan. Nebraska hasn't lost a game yet that was over even halfway through the 4th quarter.

I think the biggest thing for Nebraska is to get pressure on CJ and keep close rush lanes to where he cant break off a 30 yard run as our DB's can't seem to turn around and make a tackle when the QB scrambles. CJ will score some points as his TE's are amazing and he throws some great passes. But his running is what scares me. Nebraska has gotten lucky to play against backs with lesser speed. Unfortunately, Iowa's 3 backs can each take on to the house.

With that said, I hope for a great game with a Husker win, but if Iowa are to win, I hope the make it all the way.

I don't believe I said anything about Iowa being world beaters. All the other games you mentioned Iowa held decent leads and controlled those games - except Pitt and Wisky. That wasn't the point of the post. If Nebraska can shut down Iowa's running game, they have a great chance to win. If they do, and Nebraska doesn't turn it over, Nebraska will win. That was the whole point of my post - you are the one that got excited not me.

This from a fan of a team who allowed 55 against Purdue? Lmao

Go -5 on turnovers and repeatedly give the other team good field position--possible to lose to anybody. Including Purdue, we discovered.

Nebraska had a stretch this year where every game we discovered a different and frustrating way to lose.

So if Iowa loses it is because of the pressure they were under. How many Big 10 West titles has Iowa played for? Oh this is the first and Kirk Farentz is now a genius of a coach or is it that he hasn't played Michicgan, MSU, or OSU yet. If he played just one of those teams he would have lost. Play all three and Iowa would not be favored in any game no matter what their record says.

I don't believe I said anything about Iowa being world beaters. All the other games you mentioned Iowa held decent leads and controlled those games - except Pitt and Wisky. That wasn't the point of the post. If Nebraska can shut down Iowa's running game, they have a great chance to win. If they do, and Nebraska doesn't turn it over, Nebraska will win. That was the whole point of my post - you are the one that got excited not me.
Turnovers are important however MSU had two against OSU today and they still won the game. Nebraska had two against MSU while MSU had none and Nebraska won. It is a valuable metric turnovers but it isn't the end all be all. Sometimes the turnovers come deep in your opponents territory when you are going to score. Sometimes it is a pick six your quarterback throws.

Luckily for Iowa, we've seen a pair of 9-3, 10-2 teams in Northwestern and Wisconsin and beat them both in their houses.
You beat a Wisconsin team that was playing without their best player, Clement. However Iowa only had 200 yards of offense. It was Wisconsin giving the game to Iowa via four turnovers more than Iowa winning it.

Why in the world are all the other Iowa threads blocked for replys and responses? Is this site that regulated and does anybody else find that to be a problem...I have heard rumors about this site and its over regulation and instant banning and or limitations because of non pro Nebby comments....is this really how this site is run?

Did you expect it to be catered to people who whine like you?

Nebraska is no good at wrestling? They are ranked 7th. So apparently that is no good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT