ADVERTISEMENT

Start 0-2 and finish 7-5??

I doubt Lewis stays there more than one year. He will want to get out of that circus as fast as he can IMO.
Harry, That may be true. Still Lewis had two y
I doubt Lewis stays there more than one year. He will want to get out of that circus as fast as he can IMO.
Harry, You are probably right that Lewis leaves for something bigger. Still, he had Top 5 offenses in 2020 and 2021. Hard to do at Kent State. PrIme is not going to leave his precious son, the #1 pick in the NFL draft next year, in the hands of a novice.

Harry, That may be true. Still Lewis had two y

Harry, You are probably right that Lewis leaves for something bigger. Still, he had Top 5 offenses in 2020 and 2021. Hard to do at Kent State. PrIme is not going to leave his precious son, the #1 pick in the NFL draft next year, in the hands of a novice.
That’s rich Prime’s son the #1 pick in the 2024 NFL draft..

The first two games will be decided by how much work the entire offensive line puts in from now until summer camp. 1s, 2s, 3s and 4s. If it were me, I wouldn't even stop working all summer. You have to get to average before you can be above average.

The first two games will be decided by how much work the entire offensive line puts in from now until summer camp. 1s, 2s, 3s and 4s. If it were me, I wouldn't even stop working all summer. You have to get to average before you can be above average.
You can also say the same thing about Deion and the Buffs..

Reactions: tjlSker90
You can also say the same thing about Deion and the Buffs..
You can also say this about Deion. **** him and his team. GBR
Chicago Bulls Wrestling GIF by WWE

Love to see it happening to CU lol.

I do honestly wonder if we win the first game. That's a tough one and i do truly believe we'd best Minny if later in the season.

I don't see how we lose to the clown show in Boulder though after watching their spring "game".

We probably start 1-1 and end up with 6-8 wins realistically year one. I'd be surprised if we DON'T improve our win column by 2-3 wins in year two though...

Love to see it happening to CU lol.

I do honestly wonder if we win the first game. That's a tough one and i do truly believe we'd best Minny if later in the season.

I don't see how we lose to the clown show in Boulder though after watching their spring "game".

We probably start 1-1 and end up with 6-8 wins realistically year one. I'd be surprised if we DON'T improve our win column by 2-3 wins in year two though...
The good news is, Minny is lame. Their offense is designed to do pretty much nothing so they will not be putting up big points and running away from teams.

So that game will be close and there is no reason to think that NU won't win it.

When NU starts 3-0 with two wins over P5 schools, they will be ranked in the top 20.

The good news is, Minny is lame. Their offense is designed to do pretty much nothing so they will not be putting up big points and running away from teams.

So that game will be close and there is no reason to think that NU won't win it.

When NU starts 3-0 with two wins over P5 schools, they will be ranked in the top 20.
Love your optimism! I'm just trying to hold realistic expectations. Having a conference game scheduled as our first game of the season is just a bad setup. Especially when a new coach with complex schemes is trying to install then in year one.

We're a 5-win team this year. 0-2 certainly not impossible (thinking we split those), but we're not gonna compete with Illinois and Michigan.

their offense is designed to run over us progressively and wear us out in the second half, which they do, every year. We're a 5 win team this year, Maybe sniff a bowl game, which IMHO would be a huge victory. We're just not in the same league as Michigan and Illinois.

Thinking a coaching change is gonna flip our program overnight with the talent level we currently possess is a mental illness.

The blue print to beating Minnesota is get ahead by enough at halftime.. When playing from behind the gophers are a little out of element, Fleck likes to bleed the play clock under 5 seconds and play keep away when their ahead..

I thinks it’s very important that we either win in Minneapolis or Champaign so at the end of the season we have shot at the West division title..

We're a 5-win team this year. 0-2 certainly not impossible (thinking we split those), but we're not gonna compete with Illinois and Michigan.

their offense is designed to run over us progressively and wear us out in the second half, which they do, every year. We're a 5 win team this year, Maybe sniff a bowl game, which IMHO would be a huge victory. We're just not in the same league as Michigan and Illinois.

Thinking a coaching change is gonna flip our program overnight with the talent level we currently possess is a mental illness.
Illinois???!

Reactions: scarletred

NU had them beat last year until they sacked and hurt their lame ass QB.

Gone is their RB that Fleck tried to murder with 100 carries a game.

Reactions: BleedRed78

Last season as dismal as we were could have made a bowl game had they not pissed away games vs Wisconsin and Minnesota.

Why the F does anyone think we will lose to Colorado?? They have an unproven coach who is bringing in talent that is there for all the wrong reasons. Positive the Prime experiment is going to be a volcano of dog shite for them. We have a new team, built from good talent and good portal acquisitions. We have a proven coach who is building this from the ground up. We may lose to minnesota but I will be surprised if we dont pound the living snot out of the Buffs.
Could not have said this better. Colorado will be a mess and Matt Rhule should be expected to have us prepared to win that game

I’m just curious, what’s the point of being pessimistic about us having a chance in any game? If we are gonna lose, so be it. I’d rather start my Saturday morning with a good attitude and positive outlook instead of being a pissy pants before the damn season/ game even starts. Call me mentally ill but I’m talking Nebraska in every game. **** everybody else. GBR

We have more talent on paper than all but 1 team(Michigan) that we play. A mediocre coach wins 7-8, a good coach wins 9-10, a great coach wins 11-12. This fan base has to stop expecting anything less than that.

Reactions: moralvictories
The game is as close as the score dictates.
It wasn’t close, lol. They destroyed us in every facet of the game. At home. They had better, more talented athletes, and everyone who watched that game saw it. They were also better coached. Too bad Coaching doesn’t improve Talent, which is kinda the point… I think those who are saying we have better talent than most team in the Big 10 have deluded themselves.

It may come if we can win more games, but we’re just lacking the talent to produce great players.

Mediocre athletes can be coached up to good, decent players, but they’re gonna get beat by bigger and faster. It’s physics. It’s statistics. Basic math. Recruiting Rankings matter. It’s not the only measuring stick of the Talent level an athlete may possess, but it’s the best measure there is. Name a better one. We’re a mediocre team at best, based on this alone.

• Haha
It wasn’t close, lol. They destroyed us in every facet of the game. At home. They had better, more talented athletes, and everyone who watched that game saw it. They were also better coached. Too bad Coaching doesn’t improve Talent, which is kinda the point… I think those who are saying we have better talent than most team in the Big 10 have deluded themselves.

It may come if we can win more games, but we’re just lacking the talent to produce great players.

Mediocre athletes can be coached up to good, decent players, but they’re gonna get beat by bigger and faster. It’s physics. It’s statistics. Basic math. Recruiting Rankings matter. It’s not the only measuring stick of the Talent level an athlete may possess, but it’s the best measure there is. Name a better one. We’re a mediocre team at best, based on this alone.
You ever get tired of your lone schtick?

Reactions: SkerInCo
lol a day after he has a great spring game, the Buffs best receiver enters the transfer portal. And their top recruit for next year decommitted.

It's going to be a train wreck in Boulder.

sCUm fans are justifying the mass exodus by saying they're either non contributers or starters from a 1-11 team. There is zero chance we lose to a team full of new transfers with a reality tv star as a coach fresh off an ass kicking in Ft Worth.

You ever get tired of your lone schtick?
Not really, lol… am sick of seeing us suck as bad as everyone here, and don’t relish the fact we do, at all.

We’ll be mediocre so long as we’re paying mediocre payouts. Will be very curious to see how much DR brings from UGA compared to what we were willing to pay.

Not really, lol… am sick of seeing us suck as bad as everyone here, and don’t relish the fact we do, at all.

We’ll be mediocre so long as we’re paying mediocre payouts. Will be very curious to see how much DR brings from UGA compared to what we were willing to pay.
Sure, who isn't? But you're always "talent, talent, we don't have talent". I call bs... You rely on that excuse too much.

We have talent. Always have. We need coaching to put said talent to both development and to work.

Many of us think we finally got that guy in Rhule and staff. So how about wait until the first couple games before you make yourself and others more miserable than need be 👌

Reactions: OzzyLvr
“Talent” as in “athletes” doesn’t win this division or conference. It’s won on both lines period. If you don’t have 8 guys deep across both lines, are able to run the ball and stop the run consistently, you simply won’t compete. Come October and November, it’s simply a war in the trenches that separates teams

Reactions: nu2u
Sure, who isn't? But you're always "talent, talent, we don't have talent". I call bs... You rely on that excuse too much.

We have talent. Always have. We need coaching to put said talent to both development and to work.

Many of us think we finally got that guy in Rhule and staff. So how about wait until the first couple games before you make yourself and others more miserable than need be 👌
We’ve got enough talent to win the west this year.

Why the F does anyone think we will lose to Colorado?? They have an unproven coach who is bringing in talent that is there for all the wrong reasons. Positive the Prime experiment is going to be a volcano of dog shite for them. We have a new team, built from good talent and good portal acquisitions. We have a proven coach who is building this from the ground up. We may lose to minnesota but I will be surprised if we dont pound the living snot out of the Buffs.
They actually have a QB

ugggh, remember, it was 6-9 NU with about 6 minutes left in the half with NU driving on our half the field. Thompson tries to throw the ball away while going down, ball gets picked around the 50, returned to the 15. Thompson goes out. ILL scores a couple plays later making it 13-9. Then ILL has a decent drive right before half going up 20-9. That was the last TD ILL scored. We had chances to make it 20-16 when Purdy throws a dumb pass and it gets picked at their 10. Also had another fumble around midfield to kill a drive. I also remember a sure TD drop by (I think Rhamir) at some point in there. I think it was right before half or right after.

So no, they did not destroy us in every facet of the game. Aside from the turnovers, it was a fairly even game. And with a healthy Thompson, we win that game going away. With a real coach AND a healthy Thompson, we win by 2 or 3 TDs.

Eh. You’re not wrong, I’ve been in a pretty bad mood.

First few games will be telling, but I’ll stick to just logic when opining that if this Regime can’t start landing comparable talent coming out of HS compared to Mich, OSU, PSU… not to mention USC and UCLA… they have pretty good coaching and development, too. We’re not gonna compete with that.

And they haven’t done SO FAR any better than HCSF. Probably too small a sample size, to be fair, but it needs to change. The fact they’ve not cancelled recruiting visits Hungover isn’t lost here, either.

Optimistic, it just hasn’t been anything earth-moving this far. We’re a 3-star team. That needs to change by a standard deviation or two, IMHO…

Eh. You’re not wrong, I’ve been in a pretty bad mood.

First few games will be telling, but I’ll stick to just logic when opining that if this Regime can’t start landing comparable talent coming out of HS compared to Mich, OSU, PSU… not to mention USC and UCLA… they have pretty good coaching and development, too. We’re not gonna compete with that.

And they haven’t done SO FAR any better than HCSF. Probably too small a sample size, to be fair, but it needs to change. The fact they’ve not cancelled recruiting visits Hungover isn’t lost here, either.

Optimistic, it just hasn’t been anything earth-moving this far. We’re a 3-star team. That needs to change by a standard deviation or two, IMHO…
We’ve got a lot of 4 star talent on this team now. You can win 8-9 with 3 star talent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT