ADVERTISEMENT

Special Teams Analyst Hire

Not enough, that changes this year. Better kicking, better athletes, more eyes on the problems, it should help.
those guys sucked, tho? that's what needs to change. I don't care who's out there, they should be going balls to the wall.

I'm guessing at least half the kickoff coverage guys last year were scholarship players. at least.

those guys sucked, tho? that's what needs to change. I don't care who's out there, they should be going balls to the wall.

I'm guessing at least half the kickoff coverage guys last year were scholarship players. at least.
I'd have to check tapes, but remember all our redshirts? It wasnt the 2019 class guys out there. A few, plus a few others, but redshirting definately hurt out STs.
Add in cancer and no analyst, it gets worse and worse, kickers go down etc.
We will have the bodies this year for one, needed linebacker types,bigger safety types, that we'll have, NPG played on them before he got hurt. Having that other set of eyes, and one coach where the buck ends, plus others to help, it should come out ok, not saying great, but ok

There were bad coaching decisions also. Like kicking long in the Iowa game and getting it returned for a touchdown after pooch kicking it earlier. And allowing Belt to bring kickoffs out of the end zone.
That was NOT a coaching decision in the Iowa game.. That was a f### up by the kicker. To be sure though, that Iowa returner returned kicks for TDs often. Stud.

Reactions: red scowl
That was NOT a coaching decision in the Iowa game.. That was a f### up by the kicker. To be sure though, that Iowa returner returned kicks for TDs often. Stud.
He's good, but no reason to make him look better. Somebody wasn't playing smart football,whoever it was.

Just like your safeties and corners dont set up past the line to gain.

He's good, but no reason to make him look better. Somebody wasn't playing smart football,whoever it was.
Initially I heard one of the coaches say that the kicker screwed up. It was supposed to have been a directional kick and he hit it deeper than he was supposed to by the play call. We STILL should have been able to cover that kick IF we had stayed in our lanes.

I understand wanting to defend your college crush or whatever but everyone not Towing the line or Koolaid drinkers .......some of care about WINNING!

I give credit where credit is due and when warranted but I'm holding all coaches of teams I root for at the same standards....I don't care about his past!

People criticized coaches in the past round here (who were winning majority of games) for anything petty and it was acceptable now the standards SO LOW no one cares about winning or what it takes to get there.

Some of you dudes defend a coach more than you defend your wives and boyfriends...

Why are you upset? You made a stupid statement and got the kids glove. You just made another stupid statement. Think.

Reactions: headcard
Sorta like saying, it doesn't matter TO is around the program more since he was AD,and that SF gets good info.
In order for things to work near what they used to, they need to be like they used to. Quick fixes and high demand mean nothing, when the next year, you're on that same treadmill filling too many holes, the best players play early and you never get the best out of them etc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT