ADVERTISEMENT

SPARKY'S response to posts

sparky62

Administrator
Dec 5, 2002
Ok all. I just logged in here and read a few posts. I know I haven't been on here in a long while. I'm not sure how to respond, as there have been a few posts about my absence. Let me set the record straight. My absence has to do a little with my alcoholism & that is it. I've been to treatment a few times. There are some underlying issues with PTSD, night terrors, flashbacks to name a few. Yes I am still in Recovery & always will be. I have a large tool box when it comes to my addiction. Meetings, Sponsors, God, Spirituality, to name a few. I no longer tailgate, and try to stay out of Sports Bars.
Hell, I am the only person that they know of that has had a breathalyzer installed in my truck VOLUNTARILY.

I am also a member of the Red Cross National Disaster Response Team, & TeamMates as a Mentor. My beautiful wife of 43 years is still and always will be my Soulmate. I tell myself everyday that I have an addiction and that a thimbleful is too much and a 1,000 is not enough. I have never been into trouble concerning my addiction and my family including my daughters, SIL's, grandchildren, brothers & sisters are behind me 100%. I love my family more than life itself.
Alcoholism is very much in my family. My father passed away from this disease when he was 43, on Aug 9th, 1981. I can count at least 9 others in my family that suffer from this as well, BUT I only need to concern myself with me. I will not judge others or take their inventory. GBR.

Happy Hour Party GIF by Two Lane Brewing

Sorry… I couldn’t help myself. 😳

Ok all. I just logged in here and read a few posts. I know I haven't been on here in a long while. I'm not sure how to respond, as there have been a few posts about my absence. Let me set the record straight. My absence has to do a little with my alcoholism & that is it. I've been to treatment a few times. There are some underlying issues with PTSD, night terrors, flashbacks to name a few. Yes I am still in Recovery & always will be. I have a large tool box when it comes to my addiction. Meetings, Sponsors, God, Spirituality, to name a few. I no longer tailgate, and try to stay out of Sports Bars.
Hell, I am the only person that they know of that has had a breathalyzer installed in my truck VOLUNTARILY.

I am also a member of the Red Cross National Disaster Response Team, & TeamMates as a Mentor. My beautiful wife of 43 years is still and always will be my Soulmate. I tell myself everyday that I have an addiction and that a thimbleful is too much and a 1,000 is not enough. I have never been into trouble concerning my addiction and my family including my daughters, SIL's, grandchildren, brothers & sisters are behind me 100%. I love my family more than life itself.
Alcoholism is very much in my family. My father passed away from this disease when he was 43, on Aug 9th, 1981. I can count at least 9 others in my family that suffer from this as well, BUT I only need to concern myself with me. I will not judge others or take their inventory. GBR.
GBR to you. God bless you and your family and everything you have done for all of us and especially the people of gi 🙏.

You are a true friend on this board and to many personally.

Keep the faith and the strength 💪

Prayers my GBR friend

That's not what I heard... But seriously, I'm glad that you are taking control of your life. Love ya, sparky!

You should probably avoid Husker football too. It's made me drink heavily.....often.

I completely understand, I helped a relative with alcoholism, they went to treatment at least four times, they finally beat it with the help of family and it was definitely stressful on me. You find out in a big hurry the different ways an alcoholic can hide booze. They mentioned to me they wish they could drink a beer like I do, my response was I wish I could eat like they do without gaining weight. I purposefully didn’t use he or she just in case someone might figure out whom I’m talking about

God bless you and your family

Reactions: bigboxes
You should probably avoid Husker football too. It's made me drink heavily.....often.
Reminds me of a post that some guy put on the Hail Varsity podcast thread when they were talking about the Chasing 3 series. He said for him a documentary about his Husker football Saturdays would be called "Chasing .3".

I thought it was funny although alcoholism is not. Runs in my family, too.

Godspeed, Sparky!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT