ADVERTISEMENT

Sounds like Gebbia isn't just the real deal...

To be honest, I'm a tad nervous about the starting NT. I love the kid, and know his extended family very well, but his knee history has me a little worried about his durability in the trenches. Nothing against him, it's just a matter of maybe not being blessed with knees that can stand up to the rigors of playing NT at the D1 level.

Plus, I know he has put on some size since last year, but he got pushed around sometimes in some of our bigger games last year. I hated seeing that, because knowing his relatives, we send clippings back and forth, and I am pulling for the kid big time to be able to maintain the middle. I'm hopeful that having 2 inside backers will provide the run support that will allow our D to plug things up.

And yes, I'm in agreement that not having a steady backup doesn't exactly generate a great deal of confidence regarding depth in the middle.
I just hope people base his play this season on the tape and not on the stats. If they do the latter they will be sadly disappointed, even if he has a good year.

I just hope people base his play this season on the tape and not on the stats. If they do the latter they will be sadly disappointed, even if he has a good year.

I think most realize that his position is mostly to occupy OLinemen. It would take a very special player to put up much in the way of stats playing NT.

Hell I got called out for apparently saying the back up NT sucks. Which I didn't exactly do. I did opine that he will be passed up by more talented players which is a tad different than saying he sucks.

Admittedly, I typically fall on the sunshine pumping side of things. Again I see no harm in being optimistic in August, there is plenty of time to be negative if the season goes down hill. Not necessarily a huge fan of The Riley hire, I like the guy and don't mind his offense, just not what I was expecting. But since I wanted Pelini out in a bad way, I look at this as the football gods saying be careful what you ask for, you just might get it.

Pretty much in total agreement with every thing you said especially about the Kansan.

The year will be a bumpy ride but will be interesting, no matter what I suspect there will be two lower level moves at the end of this year.

Most teams dont have a rs freshman and a true freshman who haven't played in a game or a 5th year junior who hasn't played in a year? Ok gotcha.
I'm just going to let you believe all of that. In the meantime, do some research on the teams that are ahead of us in depth of QBs at the quality we have/ have recruited and let me know what you find.

I hope POB isn't thinking like this. That he needs pushed from a true freshman to keep his #2 spot. Both him and TL sat on the bench last year. TL is NOT a returning starter. I would hope he is pushing to be number 1 instead of protecting his number 2 status.
I the MR has made it clear TL is the starter unless he gets hurt. POB has that message. Just hope he gets some game experience in games where the outcome is in hand. By that I mean we are way ahead or all Hope is lost for DONU. Don't want the second situation to happen.

KGex6z2g_bigger.jpg
Brian Christopherson @Husker247BC

Riley on Gebbia: "His work ethic is off the charts. He's up there as much as the coaches." #Huskers

1:13 PM - Aug 12, 2017

Reactions: cubsker
I wonder what this board would have been like in 1992. "Frazier will but a great QB someday, but if he starts any games this year we're in serious trouble".
Good point! I can still see Tommy diving from about the 7 yard line for 1 of his TD's that day.

I'm just going to let you believe all of that. In the meantime, do some research on the teams that are ahead of us in depth of QBs at the quality we have/ have recruited and let me know what you find.

There is nothing to "believe" those are facts.

lol Gebbia will not start over Lee in 2018 if Lee stays. Pump the breaks folks. I'm a fan of Gebbia's like everyone else but he's no where near D1 ready.
Bruh-----he may be slight, but he is "D1" ready. He played well in the spring game. He is D1 ready enough to be the 3rd string for sure.

Bruh-----he may be slight, but he is "D1" ready. He played well in the spring game. He is D1 ready enough to be the 3rd string for sure.

Yeah maybe D1 ready but not BIG Ten ready. And if Lee is back next year, Lee will be the starter which would be perfect. Gebbia can come in 2019 and have 2 full years of learning under his belt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT