ADVERTISEMENT

Sorry trolls we are over the hump

Oh, those people pining for Bo exist. They're either hiding in the woodwork and/or on other boards. There may not be fans who want Riley to fail to prove a point. But there will be plenty of "I told you so" from that crowd if Riley gets blown out and/or fails to win the nine-win championship this year.

My intent of my first response was to mention how there wasn't just one issue that justified Bo's firing. It wasn't just the temper and PR issues. It's wasn't solely due to the lack of championships. It wasn't solely due to the blowouts. It wasn't solely due to Bo's indignation toward recruiting. It wasn't solely due to the program treading water and bouncing in and out of the top 25. It wasn't solely due to the same mistakes being made over and over again. It was all of the above. Bolievers made it sound that we were fixated on winning championships at all costs and that #9wins made up for all of items I mentioned in this paragraph.
Omnione, you are right in mentioning all of those things as having some factor. However, if there were a couple of Big Ten/XII championship trophies in Memorial Stadium along with a mention of a national championship all of those other issues would be ignored.

Omnione, you are right in mentioning all of those things as having some factor. However, if there were a couple of Big Ten/XII championship trophies in Memorial Stadium along with a mention of a national championship all of those other issues would be ignored.

True...he'd probably still be here if that Colt McCoy pass stayed up in the air for another second or two. But I think the old saying, "If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle" applies here. All those things I mentioned prevented Bo from losing fewer than four games a year and winning championships. We wouldn't have ignored some of those issues as those issues wouldn't have existed for us to ignore anyway. We'd be more tolerant of Bo's temper and antagonism that would've remained. Bo's lack of championships and many of his issues became mutually exclusive.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT