ADVERTISEMENT

soooo.....the weekend????

I wouldn't expect anything earthshattering. It's pretty predictable. They liked the visit, some will say they're definitely coming back for the Spring Game or for an official visit and there will be no immediate commitments. Pretty much standard expectations. This weekend was about getting the foot in the door for future consideration.

I wouldn't expect anything earthshattering. It's pretty predictable. They liked the visit, some will say they're definitely coming back for the Spring Game or for an official visit and there will be no immediate commitments. Pretty much standard expectations. This weekend was about getting the foot in the door for future consideration.
Orrrr...25 silent commits???

Is he strong and fast?
Gradney is a good student in the classroom and he's really nice.

As a player, he lacks the killer instinct and aggressiveness needed to play DB at the power 5 level. He has difficulty tracking the ball in the air, and continually gives up big plays. Better suited as starter for non-power 5 conference.

If there's anything else I can help with, let me know

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
They were putting on some kind of show on Friday night in Memorial stadium, I could see the big screen from the top floor of the Lied Center.

As a player, he lacks the killer instinct and aggressiveness needed to play DB at the power 5 level. He has difficulty tracking the ball in the air, and continually gives up big plays. Better suited as starter for non-power 5 conference.

You didn't answer the question.

Can a mod just kick this guy out by now?

He's got decent speed but definitely not elite speed. Good length for DB but needs 2-3 yrs. in the weight rm.
One of the more intriguing prospects in TXHSFB's 2024 class. Small-town do-it-all prospect who's a flat-out football player. Could play either side of the ball in the long run, but physical and athletic profile suggest modern off-ball linebacker or box safety role could provide highest long-term potential.

Projects as a legitimate P5-caliber prospect with athletic markers and on-field context that suggests ample long-term upside that could result in impact playmaking ability and a future beyond college.
Excellent multi-sport context provides verified athleticism. Ran sophomore 100-meter times of 10.88 and 10.95 and also produced strong 200-meter, discus, and triple jump data.
Nebraska picked up their first recruit of the 2024 class as Athlete Roger Gradney out of Altair, Texas (Rice Consolidated HS) committed to our beloved Huskers. Gradney is listed as a 4-star recruit, ranked 155th nationally by 247, the 19th best “athlete” and the 23rd best player in Texas.

I hope that I am absolutely wrong...but....my fear is that the Raiolas are visiting for two reasons....to see Uncle Raiola and to make Dad Raiola happy.....nothing more. If that is how it turns out, this fan base will take it as a gut punch....typical to what we have exprerienced for the last 10 years (Bo wasn't a gut punch but maybe just a "willsmith" slap). Personally....if he isn't going to commit to Nebraska, I wish he would stay away and stop teasing the fan base.

• Wow

It's simply amazing nobody pays you for this info. Your analysis is force fed on here to a bunch of people who know you're a fraud. Laughing

Last edited:
One of the more intriguing prospects in TXHSFB's 2024 class. Small-town do-it-all prospect who's a flat-out football player. Could play either side of the ball in the long run, but physical and athletic profile suggest modern off-ball linebacker or box safety role could provide highest long-term potential.

Projects as a legitimate P5-caliber prospect with athletic markers and on-field context that suggests ample long-term upside that could result in impact playmaking ability and a future beyond college.
Excellent multi-sport context provides verified athleticism. Ran sophomore 100-meter times of 10.88 and 10.95 and also produced strong 200-meter, discus, and triple jump data.
Nebraska picked up their first recruit of the 2024 class as Athlete Roger Gradney out of Altair, Texas (Rice Consolidated HS) committed to our beloved Huskers. Gradney is listed as a 4-star recruit, ranked 155th nationally by 247, the 19th best “athlete” and the 23rd best player in Texas.
I have Gradney as a low 3-star and rated 92nd DB nationally. Not sure who gave analysis above but I certainly wouldn't corroborate it.

I hope that I am absolutely wrong...but....my fear is that the Raiolas are visiting for two reasons....to see Uncle Raiola and to make Dad Raiola happy.....nothing more. If that is how it turns out, this fan base will take it as a gut punch....typical to what we have exprerienced for the last 10 years (Bo wasn't a gut punch but maybe just a "willsmith" slap). Personally....if he isn't going to commit to Nebraska, I wish he would stay away and stop teasing the fan base.
I don't think he's decided to go any where yet. If he already knew he wasn't coming to Nebraska I just don't think his Dad would be party to leading Nebraska on a goose chase. He'd want Nebraska to go and recruit another QB before it's too late. Visiting the Uncle is a non-factor because they've got the money to go wherever they want and he visited Nebraska when he was committed to Ohio State last year. I do think, however, that both Georgia and USC are very much in the running as is Nebraska.

Why he still can't decide after all those visits is a mystery to me. Maybe he's wanting to see how Rhule performs in the Fall but you'd think that would be too late for a QB to bring other recruits with him though no one is going to turn him down even if his decision comes on signing day.

The clue to watch for in the mean time is when any of the three contenders start recruiting other 2024 QBs. Then you'll know something is up.

Last edited:
What’s the point? He’ll just come back under a new handle. He should just change his username to herpes.
You know what? Then make him do that. We obviously can figure out who he is. Just really surprised the mods haven’t done anything about this guy. At least most fans from other teams own up to who they are when they come on here and throw shade. This POS is worse than any of them.

You know what? Then make him do that. We obviously can figure out who he is. Just really surprised the mods haven’t done anything about this guy. At least most fans from other teams own up to who they are when they come on here and throw shade. This POS is worse than any of them.
The mods only care about political posts. :rolleyes:

247. Nobody cares about your phony made up charts.
I have a lot of respect for 247sports as I think they are hard workers, but their evaluations are continually off base - its just not their expertise as they focus more on the journalism aspect where I provide more technical expertise due to my playing and coaching background. Everyone has different strengths.

I feel confident in my evaluation of Gradney after his junior season and we'll continue to monitor as we head in the fall. I'm planning on heading there at beginning of Oct. to see him again.

• Haha
I have a lot of respect for 247sports as I think they are hard workers, but their evaluations are continually off base - its just not their expertise as they focus more on the journalism aspect where I provide more technical expertise due to my playing and coaching background. Everyone has different strengths.

I feel confident in my evaluation of Gradney after his junior season and we'll continue to monitor as we head in the fall. I'm planning on heading there at beginning of Oct. to see him again.
tenor.gif

Tell me again. Who do you work for? Or if you own your own business, what is it called again? You post a lot on here. Maybe you could get some subscribers. If I was someone as “connected” and had such playing experience, I would think that would be a good selling tool.

But…you’re just a dumbass in your moms basement making all this shit up while typing on your keyboard with Cheetos dust all over your fingers.

I’m sure you’ll respond to this with some “slick burn” insult that with just prove my point.

Tell me again. Who do you work for? Or if you own your own business, what is it called again? You post a lot on here. Maybe you could get some subscribers. If I was someone as “connected” and had such playing experience, I would think that would be a good selling tool.

But…you’re just a dumbass in your moms basement making all this shit up while typing on your keyboard with Cheetos dust all over your fingers.

I’m sure you’ll respond to this with some “slick burn” insult that with just prove my point.
source.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT