ADVERTISEMENT

Son of Kirk

why does everyone think your new QB, who posted identical stats to your old QB last year on a much better team, will be good?

he got beat out by a redshirt frosh as a 3-year player & returning starter then quit the team

makes very little sense to me, but I suppose hype is what the offseason is made of

Petras 2022: 55.9%, 1:1 TD:INT ratio, 6.2 Air Yards/Attempt
McNamara 2022: 60%, 1:1 TD:INT ratio, 5.9 Air Yards/Attempt

please explain what I'm missing

cc: @Cornicator
From watching them both, one has some mobility and one doesn't. CM looks to throw a much more consistent ball especially in the short and crossing passing game that Iowa uses. If E. All is healthy, he is going to be a problem.

is it kirk or kurt?
560.jpg

Yeah, I thought he would be a good option for us. Why wouldn't he be?

He is small. He can’t run. He has average arm strength at best. And he was beat out by a true Freshman and run out of town at Michigan.

I get he is accurate and probably a good leader. Would probably do good with protection and great skill people. But that kid behind our OL, would be a disaster.

Reactions: leodisflowers
He's a decent athlete. Good pocket presence. I don't agree that he was run out of Michigan at all. And he started every game of McCarthy's freshman year.

He is small. He can’t run. He has average arm strength at best. And he was beat out by a true Freshman and run out of town at Michigan.

I get he is accurate and probably a good leader. Would probably do good with protection and great skill people. But that kid behind our OL, would be a disaster.
He was a RS Freshman (2022); who was 34-59, 5 TD’s to 2 INT’s as a true freshman (2021). Again, Iowa fans aren’t expecting him to be Johnny Manziel; just a much better QB than Spencer Petras. Which, he clearly is.

• Haha
Reactions: SaladTossingHawkeye
He was a RS Freshman (2022); who was 34-59, 5 TD’s to 2 INT’s as a true freshman (2021). Again, Iowa fans aren’t expecting him to be Johnny Manziel; just a much better QB than Spencer Petras. Which, he clearly is.
Clearly?

Hype train is rolling for our friends to the East!

Hopefully he’s healthy on Black Friday so I can see him play

He didn’t do well with great skill people and good OL. As for his “leadership”, seems the coach & every player couldn’t wait for the backup to get in there

I don’t see much (any?) difference between him and Petras, but then again I don’t watch much mich/iowa because I’m not a sick depraved masochist so I could be wrong (not likely given my track record)

• Haha
Reactions: RBigredMax

That’s fine, I think he could do well for Iowa and is an improvement over Petras for sure. I was just answering why I didn’t want Nebraska to go after him. Our OL hasn’t been able to protect the QB in forever and I think we would get him killed.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
why does everyone think your new QB, who posted identical stats to your old QB last year on a much better team, will be good?

he got beat out by a redshirt frosh as a 3-year player & returning starter then quit the team

makes very little sense to me, but I suppose hype is what the offseason is made of

UPDATE:

petras 2022: 55.9%, 1:1 TD:INT ratio, 6.2 Air Yards/Attempt, -3.2 yards/carry
mcnamara 2023: 50.6%, 1.33:1 TD:INT ratio, 5.4 Air Yards/Attempt, -3.8 yards/carry

you were right, @SWIowahawks. context is important. new guy is worse than petras, not the same as I had previously stated.

Last edited:
Maybe someone needs a thread to keep track of the goal to reach 325. Are they assuming a bowl game in this also since that is 13 * 25?

Currently he is at 78 after four games which is 19.5 per game.

UPDATE:

petras 2022: 55.9%, 1:1 TD:INT ratio, 6.2 Air Yards/Attempt, -3.2 yards/carry
mcnamara 2023: 50.6%, 1.33:1 TD:INT ratio, 5.4 Air Yards/Attempt, -3.8 yards/carry

you were right, @SWIowahawks. context is important. new guy is worse than petras, not the same as I had previously stated.
Are these Petras stats after 4 games or the entire season.. It makes a difference…

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
You know the context you’re leaving out so I’m not even gonna rebuttal you on your hilarious attempt.

For the people who aren’t trolling, I say I think they will beat the 25 PPG average because Brian has done it 4 times already. 3 of those were with Stanley who was right around that 60% completion range. Cade has shown to be that accurate and then some. Throw in two NFL tight ends, Kaleb Johnson in year two, and portal help along the OL and it’s “easily” doable.
my post appears to be much more accurate than anything you posted prior to the season

yet, I'm the troll

typical

update for @SWIowahawks , who said I was trolling with this obviously factual post

iowa career stats:

petras - 56.7%, 24 TD:19 INT, 5.85 Air Yards/Attempt
mcnamara - 53.3%, 7 TD:5 INT, 5.13 Air Yards/Attempt

tough look for you, bud. guessing you're much more of a Nebraska fan this year than you've been in quite some time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT