ADVERTISEMENT

SoCon postpones fall sports competition.....but.....

mwulf

Offensive Coordinator
Dec 15, 2013
Thigh Land
Looks like the conference is saying go ahead and play on your own if you want but we are washing our hands of any legal responsibility if you run into any problems when you do so, you're on your own now.

I'm not keeping exact tabulations but I believe the Southern Conf. is the 7th conference to cancel football. Together with a few independent programs, around 85 schools (some FBS, some FCS) not playing this Fall.

Just the top 3 football conferences will be playing football this season
I don't recall how many athletic conferences there are in total but there are 250 or so NCAA Division 1 football teams. As of today, about 2/3 are supposedly still planning on playing. Seems like very day brings a new announcement so I agree that the number of schools playing will likely significantly diminish in the next couple of weeks. Of the big 3 remaining, I think ACC is next out just a guess.

I don't recall how many athletic conferences there are in total but there are 250 or so NCAA Division 1 football teams. As of today, about 2/3 are supposedly still planning on playing. Seems like very day brings a new announcement so I agree that the number of schools playing will likely significantly diminish in the next couple of weeks. Of the big 3 remaining, I think ACC is next out just a guess.
I hope they play but I agree

I'm not so sure on the ACC canceling. People have tried for years to lure ND football into a conference. Now the ACC has succeeded for this odd year and they are going to cancel? They have the odds on favorite for the national title, a Heisman trophy leader, Notre dame, and only 3 conferences playing. That's a recipe for major tv viewership and maybe revenue, plus a chance to gain leverage for a conference that has kind of fallen behind with the exception of Clemson.

I'm not so sure on the ACC canceling. People have tried for years to lure ND football into a conference. Now the ACC has succeeded for this odd year and they are going to cancel? They have the odds on favorite for the national title, a Heisman trophy leader, Notre dame, and only 3 conferences playing. That's a recipe for major tv viewership and maybe revenue, plus a chance to gain leverage for a conference that has kind of fallen behind with the exception of Clemson.
That's a good point.... worthy of changing my prediction: the next conference to cancel/postpone will be the B12..... ACC plays at least half a season no matter what the medical experts say, a couple of ACC ADs publically convert to Catholicism, a picture of Pope Francis is hung at the entrance of ND's locker room at ACC locations, men posing as priests are prominently seated near sidelines during games, and the national anthem is replaced by Ave Maria. Could work.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT