ADVERTISEMENT

Social Media....Recruits

superman787

Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2004
It is a double edged sword.

We want to show we are the best fan base.

But, at what point is it creepy following a 17 year old kid on twitter...

At The Same Time...I Have To Know What Is Happening With All The Recruits that visited.....

Don't you judge me.......

Plus we want them to feel welcome, so I am I suppose to like them on twitter?? Or is that creepy....

Did you guys hear we got Scott Frost??

Shout Out To Huskerdana!!

(Signed the Husker Fan that Checks Their Phone Every Ten Minutes To See if You Got A Commit)

Don't you Judge Me!!!

Following kids on social media is really creepy, get a life? To avoid issues, have your kids follow them? :p

Sorry but if you think following someone on Twitter is creepy then you have an old school mentality and just don't get it. Twitter is meant for following. People who have Twitter accounts want other people to follow them or what would be the point of having the account?

They are saying that adults following high school kids on Twitter is creepy, and it is. And just because high school kids want to be followed on Twitter doesn't make right it right or any less creepy.

I follow many once they commit also follow many on the team. Never ever once made a comment to them or about them. Just intersting to see what they tweet about. There are some great kids in the program and some tools too. Past and present

I usually follow them once they commit. If they decommit or transfer I usually unfollow them. Kids like to have followers. I usually just send them a generic GBR to support our program. It helps to show them our fan support.

If you follow them, please represent our program in the right way. Don’t call them out or degrade them as some ADULTS tend to do.

I don’t follow recruits but I do see a lot of their tweets from following rivals/247/scout guys. They’re doing their job, nothing creepy about reading the tweets. Now tweeting AT them is a different story.

Reactions: Redblood23
Sorry but if you think following someone on Twitter is creepy then you have an old school mentality and just don't get it. Twitter is meant for following. People who have Twitter accounts want other people to follow them or what would be the point of having the account?
Agree, following some random teenage kid, yes very creepy. Following a husker recruit, is showing support for the recruit and for the program. These kids are practically begging for followers. Greg Bell I believe at one point was saying he would commit to the first school that got him 10,000 followers. Times changes, social media is one of them.
Following a recruit to find out what is going on with them is different than commenting on his page constantly and basically stalking them. There is a fine line between creepy and supportive fan

Reactions: NorthWillRiseAgain
I agree that following these kids is fine, that is what Twitter is for anymore. It's a popularity contest. So the kids probably like it.

Anymore than a "GO BIG RED" is probably going out of bounds in my opinion....unless you're the same age. At some point these "kids" are men, and should be expected to grow up......including the adults...

So twittering "Do you ever watch gladiator movies?" is out of bounds?

I don't follow recruits.
I don't follow commits.
I don't follow current players.

I will follow ex-players once they're out of college.

I know times are changing, but to me it feels weird (even as a 32 year old) following a kid that's still in High School or College - Nebraska player or not.

At The Same Time...I Have To Know What Is Happening With All The Recruits that visited.....

Plus we want them to feel welcome, so I am I suppose to like them on twitter?? Or is that creepy....

(Signed the Husker Fan that Checks Their Phone Every Ten Minutes To See if You Got A Commit)

Don't you Judge Me!!!

;). What's up, super?!?!

Do you bleed, OP?

Also, where is Huskerdana?

Thanks for asking....still on the right side of the grass....but burried under end of the year paperwork. I am just about done and ready to turn it over to the accountant.....and open the checkbook. Ouch. Taxes suck. Take care, TINP. GBR.

Reactions: ThereIsNoPlace

Don't you Judge Me!!!
Tim you are constantly tweeting at recruits. Dont deny it

Reactions: superman787
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT