ADVERTISEMENT

So whose on shortlist for new DL coach?

Who's to say Riley didn't call him? Were you tapping the phone? What happens when Nebraska offers him $300,000 and LSU comes back with a $450,000 offer in an easier place to recruit and a chance for him to be in his home state?

Ed Orgeron says neither Riley nor anyone from Nebraska called him. Was I tapping the phone? Don't be silly. But maybe you should tap some books and learn how to read, Tom Lemmings tweet about his conversation with Orgeron is the source.

LSU hired him a month after the tweet, and not quite 2 weeks after we hired Hughes.

Eichorst needs to lay out 350k at least for a crucial position coach like this. Otherwise you're just getting someone's table scraps.

No he is Monte Kiffens boy. Monte Kiffen is a Nebraska guy therefor making his son a nebraska guy. Bo was never and will never be a Nebraska guy.

I'm trying to figure out how he has him associated with Peelini in the first place..

Bo would still be here if he had turned Marrow and Kiffin loose on the trail. Crazy to think what we had in the stable.

Sounds like he is coming into his own at Ole Miss after reading his resume on the Ole Miss football web site.

I have no problem if he was hired for the D-line Coach.

You have no idea who he is or what his football iq is. Break it down for us

Does he have a decade as a successful d-line coach? Does he have a decade long track record of bringing in high level recruits? Nebraska is not a place for on the job training. That is what got Bo in trouble.........horribly unqualified assistants. He may be a great guy, but we must do better.

Reactions: scarletred
Does he have a decade as a successful d-line coach? Does he have a decade long track record of bringing in high level recruits? Nebraska is not a place for on the job training. That is what got Bo in trouble.........horribly unqualified assistants. He may be a great guy, but we must do better.
Did Osborne's guys have a decade of that experience? That is all we heard for years, but now because people want to believe a narrative it changes? That's not the "Nebraska way" we always hear about.

Did Osborne's guys have a decade of that experience? That is all we heard for years, but now because people want to believe a narrative it changes? That's not the "Nebraska way" we always hear about.
Your definition of the Nebraska way only works once you have the program in order and things are rolling along. MR is not there yet. Not even close. He will need to bring in "outsiders" to get there. Outsiders being those who are not currently on staff. Some could be ex-players or others with ties to the real "Nebraska way".

Your definition of the Nebraska way only works once you have the program in order and things are rolling along. MR is not there yet. Not even close. He will need to bring in "outsiders" to get there. Outsiders being those who are not currently on staff. Some could be ex-players or others with ties to the real "Nebraska way".
COULD be. Nowhere in the official "Nebraska way" handbook did I see where it says we have to hire former players.

Reactions: northeastNebraska

Agree... Comparing Osborne staff during his 25 years and never winning less than 9 games and never having a losing season compared to Riley staff during his 15 years of coaching in college and never winning anything but a handfull of bowl games and having losing seasons is ridicules.

I hope Riley doesn't hire someone like Thompson IF we can land someone like John Parrela or Chris Kiffen as an example.

Do you have a personal connection to Tavita or why do you hate the idea of having experience? Me thinks you doth protest too much.
No. I just think the hypocritical double standards are laughable. The bloners forgave his staff because he "needed consistency". None of them cared when he brought on a damn golf coach to teach receivers.

It seems like I may be the only one (hopefully not), but it is quite humorous to me that their are supposed husker fans on here that refuse to believe that Orgeron would actually be interested to coach at Nebraska, prior to taking a position in his home state, despite the facts saying otherwise. Then there are others that don't think we could swing 450,000+ for a program changing asst. coach. If said person could bring such value to the program, we would spend that and more. The reason our coaches aren't getting paid as much as Alabama's, Ohio state's, etc. staff isn't because we lack resources but because we lack results. If our coaches show results on and off the field they will be rewarded and "locked up". No reason to lock somebody up that nobody wants, no reason to pay a salary they didn't earn.

Everyone on here should know, whoever we get has absolutely nothing to do with money and everything to do with fit. Money is not an obstacle for pretty much any P5 program out there.

Reactions: scarletred
Why are people still talking about EO? He makes $900k and wanted $1.2M from USC to go there.

He's not coming, who gives a shit if he was or was not going to come here 18 mo ago?

Some people here must be related to my wife if you feel the need to argue over pointless shit that happened a long time ago.

Orgeron is 1. a guy that recruits his a$$ off 2. a seemingly more than adequate DL coach 3. a guy that is a human lightning rod. A person that people around him cant help but be energized by. Do I want that as my HC or DC...no way but I will take him as an assistant every day of the year. If he is at all interested in coming to Nebraska Riley is stupid if he at least doesn't give him an interview. Maybe he's not a fit, but he could be that little something extra. And if he makes us a better program, not just team but program, then pay the man whatever he wants as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: ctscts
No he doesn't he makes $450k - the same we're paying Bruce Read. Think about that for a second.

He's on a two year contract for something like 900k or a million bucks. One of the mods reported he told USC to pony up 1.2 mill to think about leaving to be their DL coach.

Why are people still talking about EO? He makes $900k and wanted $1.2M from USC to go there.

He's not coming, who gives a shit if he was or was not going to come here 18 mo ago?

Some people here must be related to my wife if you feel the need to argue over pointless shit that happened a long time ago.
RollingLaughNow that's funny right there I don't care who you are.

Reactions: Husk10
It seems like I may be the only one (hopefully not), but it is quite humorous to me that their are supposed husker fans on here that refuse to believe that Orgeron would actually be interested to coach at Nebraska, prior to taking a position in his home state, despite the facts saying otherwise. Then there are others that don't think we could swing 450,000+ for a program changing asst. coach. If said person could bring such value to the program, we would spend that and more. The reason our coaches aren't getting paid as much as Alabama's, Ohio state's, etc. staff isn't because we lack resources but because we lack results. If our coaches show results on and off the field they will be rewarded and "locked up". No reason to lock somebody up that nobody wants, no reason to pay a salary they didn't earn.

Everyone on here should know, whoever we get has absolutely nothing to do with money and everything to do with fit. Money is not an obstacle for pretty much any P5 program out there.

What facts? Orgeron has been floating his name around on a routine basis since he got canned from Ole Miss and then had his brief stink with USC. It's always been about getting himself into a better position to be a HC again. You've essentially got a planted comment from Ed as the only 'fact' to suggest he had interest in coming to Nebraska. That's it.

Can we please drop the Ed Orgeron talk the guy is trash, Chris Kiffin is the easy choice, RC at Ole Miss (look at their classes) and 2014 Rivals recruiter of the year.

Oh he is? Interesting... EO is trash, but we might possibly want a recruiter from a school that is a known NCAA violator? Got it... I don't care who we get, but comments like this crack me up.

Can we please drop the Ed Orgeron talk the guy is trash, Chris Kiffin is the easy choice, RC at Ole Miss (look at their classes) and 2014 Rivals recruiter of the year.

He's not coming here. I also don't think he would fit well at al with our staff.

P.S. I'm not the poster brining Ed up. It's stupid his name keeps coming up. He's not coming here.

Last edited:

Your wife must be related to mine. Laughing

Reactions: Husk10
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT