ADVERTISEMENT

So whose on shortlist for new DL coach?

Names that I have heard:

Inoke Breckterfield. Played for MR at Oregon State. Current DL coach at Wisconsin. Coached UCLA and Pitt. Wisconsin just lost their DC to USC. And he is Somoan. But who knows if MR will take a coach from his buddy Cryst.

Parella sounds like a long shot. But Jason Peter floated his name.

Tavita Thompson (current GA and TE coach) is probably the most likely choice.

Inoke makes $215,000 at Wisconsin.

Hughes made $300,000 at Nebraska.

As we all know, Wisconsin doesn't pony up money to keep assistants.

Every name floated itt would be a huge upgrade, very exciting.

Does John Blake have a show-cause penalty attached to his name. If we want to compete with the SEC schools he might have some creative recruiting advice.

Otherwise I would give Lewis Powell. DL coach at Utah with Hawaii - Polynesian background a look

As an aside I didn't realize that Dennis Erickson was an asst coach at Utah

Reactions: elvis1403
Complaining about assistant coach pay is asinine. You want a great program you need great assistants and you need to keep them around, just ask TO.
Yup. I love how the narrative has changed in around 18 months. It used to be "we need to keep the staff together until the end of time because Bo=Osborne". Now it is "fire everybody who has worked together before, that will never work". It is very telling.

Yup. I love how the narrative has changed in around 18 months. It used to be "we need to keep the staff together until the end of time because Bo=Osborne". Now it is "fire everybody who has worked together before, that will never work". It is very telling.
Making up a narrative in your head and portraying it as fact is very telling.

Names that I have heard:

Inoke Breckterfield. Played for MR at Oregon State. Current DL coach at Wisconsin. Coached UCLA and Pitt. Wisconsin just lost their DC to USC. And he is Somoan. But who knows if MR will take a coach from his buddy Cryst.

Tavita would be a let down. We need more experience in both coaching d-line and recruiting.

Names that I have heard:

This plus UNLV DL coach but I'm guessing he is down the list

I'm sure he's more interested in using this to get a raise out of his current employer.

Orgeron didn't get hired by LSU until a month after no one from NU would call him. Hmmm, let me think, if we put a contract out in front of a then unemployed Orgeron, and then he doesn't sign it?

Orgeron didn't get hired by LSU until a month after no one from NU would call him. Hmmm, let me think, if we put a contract out in front of a then unemployed Orgeron, and then he doesn't sign it?

I'm aware he was unemployed then. And how does any of that change what I said?

Who's to say Riley didn't call him? Were you tapping the phone? What happens when Nebraska offers him $300,000 and LSU comes back with a $450,000 offer in an easier place to recruit and a chance for him to be in his home state?

Who's to say Riley didn't call him? Were you tapping the phone? What happens when Nebraska offers him $300,000 and LSU comes back with a $450,000 offer in an easier place to recruit and a chance for him to be in his home state?

And if he did actually come here after 1 year at LSU, it would further my fear/opinion that he would be about as loyal to us as a $20 whore.

it sounds like he would laugh his ass off .. and that presumes he would even pick up the phone if Nebraska were to call

Reactions: northeastNebraska
You have no idea who he is or what his football iq is. Break it down for us[/QUOTE

You may know his football IQ et all....But I agree with BornnBred... It will not be a Recognizable Name with a Solid Track Record as a Position Coach and Recruiter at this level! Does that break it down enough... Or do you want to show us your in the know info???

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT