ADVERTISEMENT

So what does a Rhule-led offense look like anyway?

Sadly both Whipple and Frost have significantly better track records as play callers than the guy we hired...
Whipple is an old man cashing in for retirement; you saw(?) his plane tickets, ala local photo, to AZ. I don't blame him at all.

The guy we hired?? I have zero clue whom that is. I know nothing of history. Probably should check yoself before u wreck yo self.

Reactions: Dylman
Whipple is an old man cashing in for retirement; you saw(?) his plane tickets, ala local photo, to AZ. I don't blame him at all.

The guy we hired?? I have zero clue whom that is. I know nothing of history. Probably should check yoself before u wreck yo self.
The new OC is less accomplished than Whipple...I'm not saying Whipple is good

here's where South Carolina would rank offensively were they to be in the B1G:

Scoring Offense: 4th (31.7ppg)
Rushing Offense: 7th (123.3ypg - exact same as Nebraska)
Passing Offense: 4th (257.8ypg)

definitely not stellar. its worth considering their strength of schedule is greater than most B1G teams, though that is a difficult statistic as it is very self-referential.

A bunch of bitches when it comes to these assistant hires - especially the OC.

The offense sounds like it's going to be more double tight end, power running, hb toss was their go to play at Temple, play keep away and kill the clock while limiting turnovers. Oh, and did I mention fullback and fb dives on the regs??

You know... Basically the offense that Nebraska never should've gotten rid of.

The offense sounds like it's going to be more double tight end, power running, hb toss was their go to play at Temple, play keep away and kill the clock while limiting turnovers. Oh, and did I mention fullback and fb dives on the regs??

Sounds similar to Michigan’s. There’s no doubt at least going to be a fullback on the roster

Just want Rhule and company to fix the OL, I really don't care what form of offense Nebraska run's. As bad as Nebraska's OL was last year the pass pro did improve a little, it's the run blocking where I want to see improvement. Time to pay up for those big guys up front (NIL).

The new OC is less accomplished than Whipple...I'm not saying Whipple is good
Less accomplished is an understatement, and that's even when you consider that Whipple really only had one good year (his final year at Pitt.). The rest where average or worse.

Satterfield at Temple:
96th in Total Offense in 2013
117th in Total Offense in 2014
96th in Total Offense in 2015

Satterfield at South Carolina:
111th in Total Offense in 2021
77th in Total Offense in 2022

Whipple at Miami:
45th in Total Offense in 2009
31st in Total Offense in 2010

Whipple at Pitt:
87th in Total Offense in 2019
79th in Total Offense in 2020
8th in Total Offense in 2021

Whipple at Nebraska:
101st in Total Offense in 2022

This guy's offense isn't anywhere close to what we used to run. TO routinely had one of the best offenses in the country and didn't "kill clock". Has the new guy ever had a top 25 or even top 50 offense? I understand wanting to be optimistic, but not nonsensical.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
Less accomplished is an understatement, and that's even when you consider that Whipple really only had one good year (his final year at Pitt.). The rest where average or worse.

Satterfield at Temple:

Whipple at Miami:

Whipple at Pitt:

Whipple at Nebraska:
I wouldn’t expect a ball control offense to put up gaudy total offense numbers at Temple and NCSU. Frost’s offense with Adrian was putting up huge yardage totals with Adrian in every column except the W column. Just win.

football-classic.gif

Satterfield at Temple:

Whipple at Miami:

Whipple at Pitt:

Whipple at Nebraska:
Wow. Satterfield’s offenses in 2014 and 2021 were real stinkers.

Reactions: Bigred_b1624
I wouldn’t expect a ball control offense to put up gaudy total offense numbers at Temple and NCSU. Frost’s offense with Adrian was putting up huge yardage totals with Adrian in every column except the W column. Just win.
It's not easy to want to be top 15 in TOP and have a top 10 offense. TOP does also make ur defensive stats look better as well.

I love halfback toss, especially considering how poorly college players tackle. Block those properly and you're going to the house.

• Love
Reactions: BleedRed78
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT