ADVERTISEMENT

So, Moos Says the Construction of the New Facility is on Hold

RedCap

Nebraska Legend
Sep 29, 2001
Moving ahead with the design phase to ensure it is "shovel ready" but actual construction start is on indefinite hold due to financial uncertainty in these times of the pandemic.

Article LINK

Last edited:
Reactions: bluenrg
Moving ahead with the design phase to ensure it is "shovel ready" but actual construction start is on hold due to financial uncertainty in these times of the pandemic.

This is when we can catch up and surpass. They need to take advantage of it.

This really stinks. We really need these upgrades to help our recruiting.

Damn it... it just seems Frost can’t catch a break as he tries to restore this program.

Sounds like their not quite completely done with all of the designing either because Moos says they’re deep in the design phase of the project, but the hold off is definitely do to
the pandemic..

Moos said the private donations have been strong toward the 100 million mark despite the on going pandemic.

He also mentioned the conceptual design is jaw-dropping. “ It’s unbelievable”.

Last edited:
Which comes first academics or football? Guess we are finding out. The world never stops changing.
I understand the perennial debate of education vs. athletics. It's been going on for as long as I can remember. Personally, I think that they are separate funding decisions in reality but naturally the perception is otherwise. The pandemic has really delivered a knock out punch to many things, especially budgets of all kinds across the world.

It's the admins higher up in the the food chain than Moos calling the shots to delay this construction.
Ya. It sucks. Purdue put their 120 mil stadium project on hold indefinitely. I'm just praying it is something that still gets completed. Good news is football is very likely to happen, so hopefully they can get going on them again soon!

Reactions: saluno22
With the pandemic and the struggling economy its realistic to think the money isn't all their anymore. I'm talking the boosters 100 million pledged.

Damn it... it just seems Frost can’t catch a break as he tries to restore this program.
I think taking advantage of the new pay for play rules and supporting players doing that would be more beneficial. I think spending massive amounts of money on facilities to make it appear like athletic departments don’t make money just strengthens argument athletes are exploited.

With the pandemic and the struggling economy its realistic to think the money isn't all their anymore. I'm talking the boosters 100 million pledged.
If the football schedule is reduced this year, there are limitations on fans in the stands and the same thing happens with basketball there will be more widespread impacts on the budget than just what happens in Lincoln. I can see a reduction in the revenue sharing from the BIG. This years cancellation of the BB tourney cost schools money. I can foresee that bowl games will not be played this year because of corporations pulling out. Cook has already said the schedule will be reduced this year and there will be a reduction of fans in the stands. Frankly, roster sizes will probably one of the first things to be affected and the current facility will be just fine.

I understood the facility is privately funded. Why the hold up? Does NU want to be competitive or not?
It wasn't funded entirely up-front. They will rely on continued donations and with the trajectory that the economy is headed those funds might dry up. On the flip side, 1.5% bonds might be a solid investment in 2021 so they probably could get enough money to complete the project taking that route.

I think taking advantage of the new pay for play rules and supporting players doing that would be more beneficial. I think spending massive amounts of money on facilities to make it appear like athletic departments don’t make money just strengthens argument athletes are exploited.

The new facility’s is for the players they’re the ones that get the benefit..

I’m not on the same page of your beliefs when all of our players can’t even be in the same locker room or the meeting rooms are to small for everyone to be seated..

I understood the facility is privately funded. Why the hold up? Does NU want to be competitive or not?
It is well known that the historically devastating economic fallout caused by the coronavirus epidemic completely spared private individuals. Accordingly, all private pledges to donate to the project will be fully honored. I expect that the facility will be completed on time.

The new facility’s is for the players they’re the ones that get the benefit..

I’m not on the same page of your beliefs when all of our players can’t even be in the same locker room or the meeting rooms are to small for everyone to be seated..
Players have said they really don’t consider facilities that heavily per 247. I think of Nebraska can be the school where star players have money in their pockets would highly benefit. Hope we can push the limits to the extent that we are not breaking the rules but close. Kinda like the patriots

Players have said they really don’t consider facilities that heavily per 247. I think of Nebraska can be the school where star players have money in their pockets would highly benefit. Hope we can push the limits to the extent that we are not breaking the rules but close. Kinda like the patriots

It might not be on the top of the list like relationships with the coaching staff but don’t fool yourself for a minute that it doesn’t matter, other wise you need to take another hard look at the facility’s recently who have built them and where they are in the college football world..

It might not be on the top of the list like relationships with the coaching staff but don’t fool yourself for a minute that it doesn’t matter, other wise you need to take another hard look at the facility’s recently who have built them and where they are in the college football world..
Maybe true but I think it would be a better investment for star players to drive bentleys

Sounds like their not quite completely done with all of the designing either because Moos says they’re deep in the design phase of the project, but the hold off is definitely do to
the pandemic..

Moos said the private donations have been strong toward the 100 million mark despite the on going pandemic.

He also mentioned the conceptual design is jaw-dropping. “ It’s unbelievable”.
Well actually since it wasn't supposed to start (demolition) until June I figure everything was/is on schedule. A bunch of prep work would have to be done before actual construction. I guess my point is some of the designing could always change a little on the inside.

Well actually since it wasn't supposed to start (demolition) until June I figure everything was/is on schedule. A bunch of prep work would have to be done before actual construction. I guess my point is some of the designing could always change a little on the inside.
Has any work started on the new track facilities. I believe the last I read that was going to be around $16 million after design changes. That would be around $181 million invested in new facilities for the two projects.

Has any work started on the new track facilities. I believe the last I read that was going to be around $16 million after design changes. That would be around $181 million invested in new facilities for the two projects.
Don't think there has been. Which is strange because there could have been.

It really is crazy isn't it? Seems like there is just one thing after another to slow the process down. However just winning will fix most things very quickly. We must must must have a solid year this year. I know some think 6-6 or 7-4 would be acceptable. It might be in the minds of many husker fans, but it won't be for recruits. That is what is important right now. Frost must show he is turning the corner significantly this year for recruits to trust they won't be playing for a losing program all 4 or 5 years. We have to get to 8 wins imo to give recruits confidence.
Frost had the luxury of what he did at UCF fresh in the minds of recruits these first 2 or 3 classes. He was able to preach, "come be a part of rebuilding a national power house program" That all is wearing off and recruits are just seeing an under performing coach and program. We may be seeing the first signs of that in recruiting (yes it is early yet). However if we have another lack luster year. I think recruiting is going to fall off a cliff for 2022.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
It really is crazy isn't it? Seems like there is just one thing after another to slow the process down. However just winning will fix most things very quickly. We must must must have a solid year this year. I know some think 6-6 or 7-4 would be acceptable. It might be in the minds of many husker fans, but it won't be for recruits. That is what is important right now. Frost must show he is turning the corner significantly this year for recruits to trust they won't be playing for a losing program all 4 or 5 years. We have to get to 8 wins imo to give recruits confidence.
Frost had the luxury of what he did at UCF fresh in the minds of recruits these first 2 or 3 classes. He was able to preach, "come be a part of rebuilding a national power house program" That all is wearing off and recruits are just seeing an under performing coach and program. We may be seeing the first signs of that in recruiting (yes it is early yet). However if we have another lack luster year. I think recruiting is going to fall off a cliff for 2022.
Gonna be time to hit the JUCOs hard.

Maybe this is indication that the private funds aren't as solid as perceived or that someone had the forsite to say "not so fast" when CV19 was starting boil back in March.

Moos stated that private donations have been strong toward the 100 million mark..
Unless you think he is lying to us..

What the hell is up with the spelling in this thread? I usually don't even notice...

They really don't matter that much after a certain point. Diminishing marginal utility without significant differentiation. The reasons for major programs to build them are multivariate but it's mostly to signal commitment to competitors. They're also vanity projects for boosters of substance and athletic administrators. The latter reason is why Ohio State, Texas, and the SEC schools are always trying to drop the most paper, i.e. it's all a dick measuring contest among the boosters with the biggest egos. There's also some disqualifer inoculation going on where the facilities don't draw the best players, but they shouldn't be so bad they scare them off. That's not an issue with Nebraska's current facilities.

In the end, recruiting is three things: relationships, current/recent on-field performance, and proximity to talent. If we assume our staff is good on the first, and there's nothing to do about the last, then the second factor is most critical. We need to win. Yes, there's some chicken-egg to wins and recruiting, but it's fair to say this program's results have been below its talent level for a long time.

They really don't matter that much after a certain point. Diminishing marginal utility without significant differentiation. The reasons for major programs to build them are multivariate but it's mostly to signal commitment to competitors. They're also vanity projects for boosters of substance and athletic administrators. The latter reason is why Ohio State, Texas, and the SEC schools are always trying to drop the most paper, i.e. it's all a dick measuring contest among the boosters with the biggest egos. There's also some disqualifer inoculation going on where the facilities don't draw the best players, but they shouldn't be so bad they scare them off. That's not an issue with Nebraska's current facilities.

In the end, recruiting is three things: relationships, current/recent on-field performance, and proximity to talent. If we assume our staff is good on the first, and there's nothing to do about the last, then the second factor is most critical. We need to win. Yes, there's some chicken-egg to wins and recruiting, but it's fair to say this program's results have been below its talent level for a long time.
all that talent can be seen in local statefarm offices m-f as soon as quarantine lifts

we don't have talent. and haven't for a very long time. the people who constantly insist we do are fooling themselves.

Reactions: nwualum
I would be shocked if this is started before next spring/summer. Depending how much is lost in revenue this fall. Maybe another year or 2? Not good. This needs to get built asap to help recruiting and keep up with all other schools or we are going to be left in the dust.

Would be Really bad optics to roll with the construction of a multi million dollar football fun house while a lot of people are out of work and struggling. This will pass and the construction will be back on but won’t be surprised if it’s not until 2021.

Moos stated that private donations have been strong toward the 100 million mark..
Unless you think he is lying to us..
It all depends on the definition of "strong." There could be some that are no longer there. The could be pledges that do not come to fruition. I was in a large corporation and pledges were not funded until it became advantageous for the company. We also had pledges that needed to be approved and then were funded in the following fiscal year subject to board approval.

Last edited:
Reactions: nu2u
all that talent can be seen in local statefarm offices m-f as soon as quarantine lifts

we don't have talent. and haven't for a very long time. the people who constantly insist we do are fooling themselves.

You're misinterpreting. I wrote that we've underperformed our talent for a long time. That is true. There's no reason we've lost to some lesser talented teams over the years except that those opponents coached/developed their lesser talent better than we have.

You're misinterpreting. I wrote that we've underperformed our talent for a long time. That is true. There's no reason we've lost to some lesser talented teams over the years except that those opponents coached/developed their lesser talent better than we have.
which teams have we lost to with less than 2 players drafted since 2018?

saying something's true doesn't make it so.

Would be Really bad optics to roll with the construction of a multi million dollar football fun house while a lot of people are out of work and struggling. This will pass and the construction will be back on but won’t be surprised if it’s not until 2021.

I disagree, a project like this is exactly how the economy recovers. That 180m project will help thousands, not just the construction workers.

Talent gets drafted. 9/10 times you can't teach 4.30 speed. I'd say the Davis twins are an exception to that rule. A lot of people here need to accept the fact that Duval knows exactly what he's doing with Husker Power and quit taking shots because he's a direct Boyd Epley disciple. Frost to Osborne is what Duval is to Epley.

Reactions: huskerfan66
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT