ADVERTISEMENT

So, Moos Says the Construction of the New Facility is on Hold

I would be shocked if this is started before next spring/summer. Depending how much is lost in revenue this fall. Maybe another year or 2? Not good. This needs to get built asap to help recruiting and keep up with all other schools or we are going to be left in the dust.
We're already in the dust, that's why it's happening. What Frost wants gets done. As soon as the economy starts to look safely better, they'll do it. Bet on it

Interesting consideration as a possible addition/temporary alternative to the new facilities.

Of note:

"There’s also money earmarked in the athletic department budget for capital projects, but the rest of the funds would likely need to come from the rainy day account managed by the Nebraska Foundation.

Athletic director Bill Moos said recently that the savings account currently holds about $60 million. Not too long ago, according to sources, the foundation account was valued at well over $100 million. But the reserve has been eroded in recent years to cover firing and hiring payments to coaches, and to meet expenses for other recent athletics facility improvements.

The rainy day account would also wisely need to be tapped to cover at least the temporary loss of $50 million plus in Big Ten revenue sharing money for a year, along with merchandising, marketing, and all the other revenue generators. from the big three sports --football, women’s volleyball, and men’s basketball -- and the other men’s and women’s program."

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/bi...me-for-nebraska-s-south-stadium-?ga_source=cm

do you think the player branding initiative is bad?
I do.

This idea that everyone can be a brand and an influencer does nothing more than perpetuate the cycle of tricking people into buying things they don't need to 'be like someone else'.

Sure, some will succeed at it, but it's funny how many dopes there are who can do nothing more than make asses of themselves on YouTube, and are called successful.

Look at this idiot.. how does he have 2million subs? because he makes fun of himself, but to be sure, some kids are trying to amass the same guitar collection so they can be 'cool' too.

So no, I don't think this whole personal branding thing is good.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
I do.

This idea that everyone can be a brand and an influencer does nothing more than perpetuate the cycle of tricking people into buying things they don't need to 'be like someone else'.

Sure, some will succeed at it, but it's funny how many dopes there are who can do nothing more than make asses of themselves on YouTube, and are called successful.

Look at this idiot.. how does he have 2million subs? because he makes fun of himself, but to be sure, some kids are trying to amass the same guitar collection so they can be 'cool' too.

So no, I don't think this whole personal branding thing is good.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT