ADVERTISEMENT

So I'm looking up facilities.. and I come upon this.

I never said Iowa's were as good as ours. People need to read without agendas
No agenda. At all. Just needed to point out that you're comparing apples to oranges. You said they're catching up fast. My point is for them to actually catch up, they need to start all over, spend twice as much money and fill the trophy cases.

Reactions: HuskerMike85
No agenda. At all. Just needed to point out that you're comparing apples to oranges. You said they're catching up fast. My point is for them to actually catch up, they need to start all over, spend twice as much money and fill the trophy cases.

Looks like there filling their trophy case nicely hopefully one will be missing after tomorrow.

Last edited:
heroes-game-trophy-picture-with-helmets-2011.jpg

I have a buddy that sells rehabilitation pools and has been to campuses all over the central and western US. He also played D1 football so I trust his opinion when it comes to facilities. He says Nebraska's are already outdated and even mid-tier schools (Iowa) are catching up fast.

Pfffft.. Tell your buddy he needs to become better informed.

On the field, both Iowa and Nebraska have work to do. Since 2002, Iowa and Nebraska are tied with UVA for 19th in College Football with 115 wins.

In the history of College Football, Nebraska is fourth overall. Lately, not at the level of Bob's 1970 and 1971 or Dr. Tom's final years.

Iowa hasn't won a MNC, since 1958. Back when Nebraska opened 3-6 like this year.

Happy Thanksgiving to all Huskers and Hawkeyes today. Game Day is approachibg.

It is refreshing to see Iowa 11-0. Like 1981, Nebraska and Michigan State are B1G games ahead.

peace

Iowa hasn't won a national title. Good grief.

Prove it then. Prove to me how we are better than Texas, Ohio State, Michigan, Florida State, Alabama, Oregon, Stanford, Auburn, Texas A&M...

What astounds me more than anything is that you are so out of touch on facility rankings that you would think we rank outside of the best of the nation. We have even added one of (if not the most), state-of-the-art Athletic Performance Labs in the nation. We are always mentioned in the Top 10 facilities, alongside Oregon, Alabama, Texas, and Ohio State.

Last edited:
Our facilities are top notch taking a backseat to no one.

Again Red Rover, these are general remarks/assumptioms. You can make remarks like this all day long but when you say "second to none" you should have something to back that up. Now if you said something like "Nebraska has consistently strived to provide some of the best facilities to their student athletes in the nation" you have a leg to stand on. If you dont have a measurable metric then it is a matter of opinion. Have you seen a national ranking or have you seen all other facilites? Have you actually seen any? Even a recruit who says Nebraska has the best hasnt seen them all.

Thanks for the posting of the videos. Iowa indeed does have some nice facilities. Nebraska's videos show that they are in an entirely different category. That category is elite. There might be other places that are more appealing to individuals, but I feel at that level, it is preferences and not quality differences. The top 10 facilities are essentially equals and Nebraska is among that number.

Reactions: Hoosker Du
Again Red Rover, these are general remarks/assumptioms. You can make remarks like this all day long but when you say "second to none" you should have something to back that up. Now if you said something like "Nebraska has consistently strived to provide some of the best facilities to their student athletes in the nation" you have a leg to stand on. If you dont have a measurable metric then it is a matter of opinion. Have you seen a national ranking or have you seen all other facilites? Have you actually seen any? Even a recruit who says Nebraska has the best hasnt seen them all.

Nebraska Athletic Performance Lab should put your argument to rest.
http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=207732860

What astounds me more than anything is that you are so out of touch on facility rankings that you would think we rank outside of the best of the nation. We have even added one of (if not the most), state-of-the-art Athletic Performance Labs in the nation. We are always mentioned in the Top 10 facilities, alongside Oregon, Alabama, Texas, and Ohio State.
First of all, don't put words in my mouth. Second of all, how out of touch with reality are to think that we're better than any of those school from a facilities standpoint?

First of all, don't put words in my mouth. Second of all, how out of touch with reality are to think that we're better than any of those school from a facilities standpoint?

Because, stupid, it takes a person 3 minutes to Google "college football's best facilities," and see Nebraska included in pretty much every one of those articles.

This has to be one of the stupidest - most immature kindergarten threads I have ever read(and that's saying something)

This is like saying I have the fanciest house in the neighborhood - I have a fancier car - my wife is hotter - you should see my girlfriend. My dad can beat up your dad.

And then the guy around the block has a 3 bedroom 2 bath ranch house that he has lived in since he earned his first million and now he's got 50 million. Good grief.

The real issue is that Nebraska has some of the best facilities, history, fan support, and available cash, and yet has somehow managed to shart 15 grossly mediocre years. You almost have to try to be that bad. Clearly big egos have taken priority over winning.

Reactions: HuskerMike85
Lol there is no comparison. Watch the videos again. Watch the 4 videos showcasing Nebraska's facilities (built specifically for one thing on a massive scale) then watch the video of Iowa's nicely renovated building. No question; Iowa has a nice building and a nice small stadium that they can't sell out. No question they have a nice place but it's just in a completely different galaxy.

Unfortunately, the best facilities don't translate directly to wins.

Yep another uninformed reply. The building is new, not renovated. Rather than spend the energy hating, why not just give a freaking compliment. Anyone with 10 brain cells can see these are good facilities, and its not taking away from Nebraska's good facilities.

Your bike is nicer, mine sucks. I feel like I'm on a grade school playground

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT