ADVERTISEMENT

So I'm looking up facilities.. and I come upon this.

Sep 22, 2015

This is pretty darn impressive here. I have to admit, and this is what our opponents have to deal with.

Does anyone have any other facility videos to watch? Let's see them:)

This is pretty darn impressive here. I have to admit, and this is what our opponents have to deal with.

Does anyone have any other facility videos to watch? Let's see them:)
I have a buddy that sells rehabilitation pools and has been to campuses all over the central and western US. He also played D1 football so I trust his opinion when it comes to facilities. He says Nebraska's are already outdated and even mid-tier schools (Iowa) are catching up fast.

I have a buddy that sells rehabilitation pools and has been to campuses all over the central and western US. He also played D1 football so I trust his opinion when it comes to facilities. He says Nebraska's are already outdated and even mid-tier schools (Iowa) are catching up fast.

Well your buddy would be incorrect.

Reactions: 94husker
If they're only now "catching up" to "outdated" how bad are Iowa's?

The problem I have with all of the statements pro and con is I have not even seen all of Nebraska's much less everyone else's. I couldnt say ours are better than anyones with 100% accuracy. There is a standard, tradition or underdtanding ours are superior but how you prove it is in the eye of the recruits and parents.

When recruits or other coaches visit and comment about the Husker facilities most of the time the responses are either "the best I've ever seen" or "Some of the best in the country."

I have a buddy that is the head coach of a KCK school (big Arkansas fan) and another acquaintance who is a head coach here in Johnson County where I live (he's a big KSU fan) and both of them have said multiple times that Nebraska' facilities are hands down the best they've ever seen. So I'm not sure what your buddy is seeing, but whatever it is it's not the opinion of most people when it comes to facilities. I'd say ours are closer in stature to the US Olympic Training facility in Colorado Springs than they are with most D1 schools.

On the field, both Iowa and Nebraska have work to do. Since 2002, Iowa and Nebraska are tied with UVA for 19th in College Football with 115 wins.

In the history of College Football, Nebraska is fourth overall. Lately, not at the level of Bob's 1970 and 1971 or Dr. Tom's final years.

Iowa hasn't won a MNC, since 1958. Back when Nebraska opened 3-6 like this year.

Happy Thanksgiving to all Huskers and Hawkeyes today. Game Day is approachibg.

It is refreshing to see Iowa 11-0. Like 1981, Nebraska and Michigan State are B1G games ahead.

peace

Nebraska is still top 5 in the nation. Don't let anyone say differently. If they do, they are simply incorrect.
I have a buddy that is the head coach of a KCK school (big Arkansas fan) and another acquaintance who is a head coach here in Johnson County where I live (he's a big KSU fan) and both of them have said multiple times that Nebraska' facilities are hands down the best they've ever seen. So I'm not sure what your buddy is seeing, but whatever it is it's not the opinion of most people when it comes to facilities. I'd say ours are closer in stature to the US Olympic Training facility in Colorado Springs than they are with most D1 schools.
I'm curious, what schools have they been to? I've always wondered if high school coaches get to go to a lot of the schools they send their kids to. Their own 'recruiting visit' if you will

I love how we have these Huskers who constantly post negative stuff about our program. Then sing the praises of Iowa this week.

Reactions: HuskerMike85
Do we have an Iowa infiltration??? RollingLaugh

Seriously though, if you have family or are from Iowa that's cool. Just let posters know so your critical takes can be evaluated though that filter. I respect a quality debate but it's just good etiquette to have full disclosure.

Reactions: baseball31ne
This thread is like arguing whose big brother is tougher. There are a lot of amazing facilities around college football and NU is amongst them. It's all subjective. You read one list and it says one team is number one. Read another and it has a different top 5.

Ill give Iowa credit, those facilities look pretty nice. Glad they could finally afford to catch up to the top 25 in the country. Nebraska's is a few years old and still better.

It's not, though, but you too
Lol there is no comparison. Watch the videos again. Watch the 4 videos showcasing Nebraska's facilities (built specifically for one thing on a massive scale) then watch the video of Iowa's nicely renovated building. No question; Iowa has a nice building and a nice small stadium that they can't sell out. No question they have a nice place but it's just in a completely different galaxy.

Unfortunately, the best facilities don't translate directly to wins.

It is certainly strange and makes you question exactly where their loyalties lie

Maybe they support both teams... just Iowa a little more. And that's cool in my book. Maybe they were born in Iowa and maybe went to our University and this week is tough for them. I'm like that with Oklahoma. I have lots of family down in White eagle and they are my second favorite team. But Nebraska will ALWAYS be number 1.

Reactions: Jarvis
Lol there is no comparison. Watch the videos again. Watch the 4 videos showcasing Nebraska's facilities (built specifically for one thing on a massive scale) then watch the video of Iowa's nicely renovated building. No question; Iowa has a nice building and a nice small stadium that they can't sell out. No question they have a nice place but it's just in a completely different galaxy.

I never said Iowa's were as good as ours. People need to read without agendas

Just for clarification sake, the Iowa building is brand new, not renovated.

The only renovation done was to the outdoor practice facility, everything else is brand new.

http://www.kcrg.com/sports/hawkeyes/A-Look-at-the-New-Iowa-Football-Practice-Facility-160779155.html

On the field, both Iowa and Nebraska have work to do. Since 2002, Iowa and Nebraska are tied with UVA for 19th in College Football with 115 wins.

In the history of College Football, Nebraska is fourth overall. Lately, not at the level of Bob's 1970 and 1971 or Dr. Tom's final years.

Iowa hasn't won a MNC, since 1958. Back when Nebraska opened 3-6 like this year.

Happy Thanksgiving to all Huskers and Hawkeyes today. Game Day is approachibg.

It is refreshing to see Iowa 11-0. Like 1981, Nebraska and Michigan State are B1G games ahead.

peace
Why did you post this in a facilities thread. Annoying.

gLqwg5S.jpg

bama_crop_north.jpg

bamalockerroom.jpg

MMPXWUWLDYEEOFY.20060825213329.JPG

BAYWIACNSOFWWUX.20130612181125.jpg

nebraska-cornhuskers-weightroom-2013.jpg

He says Nebraska's are already outdated and even mid-tier schools (Iowa) are catching up fast.[/QUOTE]

Too funny.LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

Mr. Hball, I suggest you look real hard at the pictures and videos of Nebraska's facilities and then go round up PROOF that the mid tier's or others you think are better than Nebraska really are. You seem to think your buddy is more correct than the proof already given. Now, bring your own to dispute it. We'll all be waiting.

ADVERTISEMENT