ADVERTISEMENT

So if B12, ACC and SEC play, who's your "surrogate" team?

The Gamecocks in the SEC (Can’t Lick our ...s), Boston College in the ACC—it’s not Harvard, and Iowa State University. Where I enjoyed Pike’s Lounge, The Grubstake [where I met a vision but, to quote Dan Jenkins, “I was a smoking window and she was a non-smoking aisle.”], and of course, Dugan’s where my best buddy took umbrage when a drunken lout made a pass at his wife and a guy won a date raffle with another guy (they seemed real happy, by the way).

The Vols. I have several friends from Tennessee and their passion seems similar to ours. They seem to have a straight forward program. They had a decent coach (Fulmer) who was an alum who won games, but was unceremoniously dumped and they went into the toilet after that (sound familiar?) Besides, orange (real orange, not burnt orange) is my favorite color.

In the Big 12 I usually root for TCU, in part because I always felt that when the Big 8 and SWC merged, they deserved a spot in the new conference ahead of the cheaters from Baylor. Frogs also get bonus points for beating Fat Bielema in a Rose Bowl.

The Vols. I have several friends from Tennessee and their passion seems similar to ours. They seem to have a straight forward program. They had a decent coach (Fulmer) who was an alum who won games, but was unceremoniously dumped and they went into the toilet after that (sound familiar?) Besides, orange (real orange, not burnt orange) is my favorite color.

Ouuuch!! Yes, that stings like hell.

I'm putting all my money on Vanderbilt this season. After all, I have gotten used to rooting for the underdog this last decade.

If we answer this question and choose a different team to watch then the college football money machine wins, people! Don’t give them your viewership!

when i was young, i was intrigued by auburn, since they didnt have a state as a part of their name. and later, bo jackson was a total stud, so thats who i’ll root for.
but most of all, im rooting for every team to play their complete, if not modified schedule.

I like the Clones and I'll take a dark horse and go with the fighting Mack Browns of North Carolina.
I'll get on board with the fighting Mack Browns. He may have had our number while at Texas, but he was always a class act and spoke well of Nebraska. I watched the 2002 Texas game (the Jammal Lord INT when we were down 3 and in the red zone) a couple months ago, and he definitely said all the right things in his on-field post-game interview.

If we answer this question and choose a different team to watch then the college football money machine wins, people! Don’t give them your viewership!
Yeah if ratings are terrible for college football this fall, that will certainly convince the bow ties who run the Big Ten universities, who have never been wrong about anything in their lives, that they dropped the ball by canceling the season. Makes perfect sense.

I like the underdogs so IF THEY PLAY I'll root for ISU, K-State and anyone playing LSU, Clemson and ND.

Yeah if ratings are terrible for college football this fall, that will certainly convince the bow ties who run the Big Ten universities, who have never been wrong about anything in their lives, that they dropped the ball by canceling the season. Makes perfect sense.

This goes well beyond them, but you keep drawing up straw men to argue with yourself about so you can feel better if that’s what gets you through the night.

Wife is a Georgia grad so I’ll be cheering for them, but I’ll be rooting for Iowa State this year in the Big 12.

This goes well beyond them, but you keep drawing up straw men to argue with yourself about so you can feel better if that’s what gets you through the night.
Yeah, that's exactly what I was doing. Thanks for getting me back on the straight and narrow. Now I'll let you get back to the important task of squealing at people about what they should or should not watch on television.

Reactions: SomedayHusker
Yeah, that's exactly what I was doing. Thanks for getting me back on the straight and narrow. Now I'll let you get back to the important task of squealing at people about what they should or should not watch on television.

Oh I don’t know if I could ever out-screech you. Those are big schueles to fill.

Oh I don’t know if I could ever out-screech you. Those are big schueles to fill.
Husker football was probably going to get the death penalty anyway, once the NCAA blew the lid off the big Scott Frost-Adrian Martinez point-shaving scandal. Right, genius?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT