ADVERTISEMENT

Smoke and fire...

I hope not, other than the usual job performance reviews, etc. We certainly don't need an AD acting like an NFL General Manager or owner and interjecting with which coach should be retained, etc.

It's fine to point out where the job performance could be better and it's up to Rhule to make that improvement happen.
Could be a peak into the future. Major college programs are already hiring general managers for their major programs. Makes the athletic Director more of a political figurehead and puts the tough decisions on the general manager.

Have heard the same thing.
In fairness, I’ve met so many alleged in-the-know husker gas bags over the years that I wish I had kept a notebook full of all their BS rumors and gossip. They always point back to, “ that’s just what I heard” Makes me laugh. The formula is to make a prediction that is highly likely and call it inside information. If Coach Rhule doesn’t fire some people in the off-season, we’re gonna be pissed.

• Love
Reactions: dinglefritz
I have also heard reports that corporate and donors are not going to pick up the unpurchased tickets for UCLA and Wisconsin games. Plus, the “Buy a ticket for a poor and underprivileged kid” program has been scratched due to the lack of applications. This “Weekend at Bernie’s” facade we call a sellout streak will finally cease to exist.😎

Last edited:
The ‘easiest” fire or in-season demotion would be the receivers coach who was a worse than buddy hire. A buddy’s inexperienced young son’s hire. WTF was Rhule thinking?
He was a last minute replacement after the “Nebraska guy” left Rhule at the altar. Honestly I don’t think he’s the problem. A QB who is zero run threat and incoherent offensive game plans are WAY bigger problems than any of our position coaches. Rhule allowing Satt to call plays as if we actually have Pat Mahommes is a WAY bigger issue.

In fairness, I’ve met so many alleged in-the-know husker gas bags over the years that I wish I had kept a notebook full of all their BS rumors and gossip. They always point back to, “ that’s just what I heard” Makes me laugh. The formula is to make a prediction that is highly likely and call it inside information. If Coach Rhule doesn’t fire some people in the off-season, we’re gonna be pissed.
I didn't ask you to believe it or said I believe it, just said that I have heard the same things. After a shit performance like that there is always going to be rumors. Believe them or not, I don't give a shit, just saying that there is definitely a lot of chatter in my friends groups. Who knows what is real or not, but to shit on someone who just is relaying what they heard on a message board is comical. I guess we will see what plays out, but there are a ton of rumors right now.

He was a last minute replacement after the “Nebraska guy” left Rhule at the altar. Honestly I don’t think he’s the problem. A QB who is zero run threat and incoherent offensive game plans are WAY bigger problems than any of our position coaches. Rhule allowing Satt to call plays as if we actually have Pat Mahommes is a WAY bigger issue.
Those are issues, but WR's not even getting open regularly isn't helping your QB's confidence in his reads.

I didn't ask you to believe it or said I believe it, just said that I have heard the same things. After a shit performance like that there is always going to be rumors. Believe them or not, I don't give a shit, just saying that there is definitely a lot of chatter in my friends groups. Who knows what is real or not, but to shit on someone who just is relaying what they heard on a message board is comical. I guess we will see what plays out, but there are a ton of rumors right now.
Not picking on you. I’ve had beers with enough people who have said outlandish things over the years. I heard Bill Cowher is interested in coming here. I heard that we’re going to hire Dave Wanstadt. The next coach is going to be Turner Gill.

Just a lot of funny shit has been said over the years. There is no one who can honestly say that Matt Rhule has let some vital information slip. Again, don’t blame me. This is just what I heard.

Those are issues, but WR's not even getting open regularly isn't helping your QB's confidence in his reads.
They’re not getting open in part because the defense doesn’t have to worry about a QB run threat. Satt is WAY too predictable in his play calling. In the third quarter every first down play call was a pass. We have no shot of winning another game this year if that continues. When the defense knows what you’re going to do you’re screwed unless you have far superior talent.

Our play calling threw our WRs and QB to the wolves Saturday. Rhule and Satt panicked when we went down 2 TDs.

Not picking on you. I’ve had beers with enough people who have said outlandish things over the years. I heard Bill Cowher is interested in coming here. I heard that we’re going to hire Dave Wanstadt. The next coach is going to be Turner Gill.

Just a lot of funny shit has been said over the years. There is no one who can honestly say that Matt Rhule has let some vital information slip. Again, don’t blame me. This is just what I heard.
Foley's contract not being renewed isn't that far of a stretch. I've heard outlandish rumors like what you stated, but like I said this is pretty tame. Think what you want. I invite you to go look at Twitter. Tons of stuff that says the same thing as well as Dannen is putting pressure on Rhule to upgrade his coaching staff for next season.

Like I said, choose what you want to believe, but there is a lot of chatter out there and there should be.

I have also heard reports that corporate and donors are not going to pick up the unpurchased tickets for UCLA and Wisconsin games. Plus, the “Buy a ticket for a poor and underprivileged kid” program has been scratched due to the lack of applications. This “Weekend at Bernie’s” facade we call a sellout streak will finally cease to exist.😎
UCLA and Wisconsin are already sold out

Foley's contract not being renewed isn't that far of a stretch. I've heard outlandish rumors like what you stated, but like I said this is pretty tame. Think what you want. I invite you to go look at Twitter. Tons of stuff that says the same thing as well as Dannen is putting pressure on Rhule to upgrade his coaching staff for next season.

Like I said, choose what you want to believe, but there is a lot of chatter out there and there should be.
He should be putting pressure on rhule to upgrade his assistants. 2 years in a row the rbs amd wrs aren't any good. Barthel isn't bringing in any game changers. The dude he did bring in runs into people and falls down. He also fumbles. McGuire has no business being in his position. None. He got upgraded players this year and they might as well be last year's walk ons. At least the walk ons could block. This year dudes can't get separation and might the worst blockers ever.

Satterfield gets paid too much money to not be able to manufacture points. He has been, like many people around here have said, average. I like his offensive design, but something isn't right. He gets paid 7 figures to know what isn't right and figure how to fix it. Given the post bye week performance I doubt he'll be able to do that. I don't see how you can bring him back if he doesn't figure out a way to score points.

Special teams is what really bugs me. It's a window into the state of your program. If it's dysfunctional mess than it's only a matter of time before that dysfunction shows up in the other 2 phases. It's also the head coaches fault. If your special teams are bad it's because the head coach isn't paying close enough attention to them. It's the phase where details and fundamentals matter most.

This all lays at Rhule's feet. He had a large and open check book to hire who ever he wanted. The guys he chose aren't getting it done. A good AD should be asking (hinting) about what gonna change.

Last edited:
UCLA and Wisconsin are already sold out
Seth Meyers Omg GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

There are also rumors of the AD injecting himself into the coaching issues, which is allegedly creating friction. Cannot confirm that info.
If true, I don't think this is a good thing.. I should probably clarify what I mean. The AD isn't usually getting involved because normally you would have an AD & HC that are both on the same page. (one hired the other). But thanks to Trev, we aren't in that situation, which I can see as potentially being a friction point already, and we are only in year 2. If the rest of the season takes a dump, well anything can happen esp with a player like DR that could move on.. there are a number of scenarios where people could leave or be forced out or otherwise all the way up to the HC. Not saying those things will happen, but given where we are with leadership on different pages, there are lots of "outcomes".

I was trying to read back through his job history. And I’m wondering if he ever actually called plays. Anyone know?
He called plays at Temple, Baylor(as CO-OC), and Arizona State. Would like to see him as OC for the remainder of the season. It has nothing to do with whether he’d do better, it’s about accountability.

There are also rumors of the AD injecting himself into the coaching issues, which is allegedly creating friction. Cannot confirm that info.
Ruhle isn’t his guy so it wouldn't be shocking — if the AD had been here for a couple years. But it seems like it’s pretty early in his tenure to be meddling in a 5-2 season. Now, if we end at 5-7 again as we certainly could, I could imagine some difficult moments in Rhule’s end of season review with the AD.

Reactions: cornwoman
They don't do the simple things right.
The frustrating part is when they say things like no block, no rock, it’s a lie. we’ve got some guys who deserve a chance. Bullock for example. Not gamebreaker, but someone who’s going to give maximum effort every time.

Reactions: JOHNNY N
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT