ADVERTISEMENT

Sipple on Urb

It wouldn't be good for Urban to come to Nebraska. The national media would rehash his scandals repeatedly if he came to Nebraska because they would make up a juicy story about a self-righteous fanbase doing anything to succeed. If he went anywhere else they would just let the story go because nobody actually gives a shit about a successful older guy messing around with younger women unless it works as clickbait.
I don’t read a whole lot about urb finger blasting coeds in public

I do read a lot about how his players were literally laughing him out of the room during meetings they had so little respect for him in Jacksonville

saban tucked tail and ran from the mens league. spurrier couldn’t hack it. the list of “great” college coaches to fail the ultimate test is long, but I’ve never heard any of the stuff I hear about urb

Reactions: leodisflowers
FFS, that's your standard? Whether or not it was illegal? You can use the google machine and look up Fl and OSU and Jax. He has left his shit-stained tighty whites at the last three places he's been. The guy is a pussy. Phony as hell. If you can't see it, or don't want to, that's on you.
Yeah OSU was really left in shambles. More like Ryan Day inherited a Ferrari on day one.

I do read a lot about how his players were literally laughing him out of the room during meetings they had so little respect for him in Jacksonville

saban tucked tail and ran from the mens league. spurrier couldn’t hack it. the list of “great” college coaches to fail the ultimate test is long, but I’ve never heard any of the stuff I hear about urb
Urb, Saban, Osborne, Paterno, Bowden, Switzer are all college coaches. They just are. They are program builders that can take yound kids and turn them into champions over the course of 4 years.
It is actually rare that a coach is very successful in both college and the pros because the skill set goes from traveling the country for recruits to being a strict Xs and Os guy with a roster built from contracts. Pete Carroll was able to do it at USC and Seattle but he left USC with NCAA violations that got heaped on Lane Kiffin, etc. Jimmy Johnson was another guy but there you also have a guy who left a mess behind at Miami.
Jacksonville was a shit show before he arrived and judging him by that brief tenure instead of his much longer resume is ridiculous.

Yes, I think that's the most likely scenario if Urban returns to coaching.
There is no way that ND fires Freeman any time soon. ND will win at least 6 games this year and be bowl elligible. What happens in the coming years remains to be seen, but I doubt Urban is going to sit in the booth and wait for what might never come.

Yeah OSU was really left in shambles. More like Ryan Day inherited a Ferrari on day one.
OSU can handle it, it's been a machine for a long time. We still laugh at them for trying help him land softly by letting him teach a character and leadership class.

trev defiantly needs to call gruden, the big boy league is scared of him

FFS, that's your standard? Whether or not it was illegal? You can use the google machine and look up Fl and OSU and Jax. He has left his shit-stained tighty whites at the last three places he's been. The guy is a pussy. Phony as hell. If you can't see it, or don't want to, that's on you.
Dropping truth

I wanted to hire urban in 2004 instead of callahan..but people did'nt listen...per ussual
could of saved NU and urban alot of trouble.
I believe Urb said he would not go to a place that had just fired a 9 win coach. At least that is what I remember.

Reactions: RaulJones
We need a proven coach that is going to rebuild this from the ground up. Someone with a track record of rebuilding programs. Most of the roster and losing culture that permeates here has to be flushed. Strong, basic, fundamental, hard nosed football needs to be instilled. Not many want to hear this but I foresee a three year building project before we see a solid team. I think we will see flashes in year 1, and real steady improvement in year 2. If this happens, we have our guy.
True but with the portal I think we could be knocking on the door of a 6-6 season in year 1.

I gave a like but would the Catholic school put up with Urban and his past. But I wonder if a Catholic school like Notre Dame could afford to throw stones from their glass house, it might be a perfect match.
Notre Dame Catholic? 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
Did Rosie O'Donnel's fat ass leave the US after the 2016 election? There is your answer Smokin
He doesn't want to come here so I don't entertain the question much. Low information fans think he would be a sure thing. There's a lot more that goes into it

He doesn't want to come here so I don't entertain the question much. Low information fans think he would be a sure thing. There's a lot more that goes into it

Yeah high intellect fans think we should get some one who has never proven he can win at a big time program.

Geniuses.

• Haha
Reactions: BigRedTed
Yeah high intellect fans think we should get some one who has never proven he can win at a big time program.

Geniuses.

He is proving it right now. Lowly Kansas is winning against teams much more highly regarded. This isn't luck. They are straight up beating people down. He can get a bunch of underperformers to play together and win. Everyone is shocked by the transformation happening in Lawrence. Is this really happening?

Reactions: headcard
He is proving it right now. Lowly Kansas is winning against teams much more highly regarded. This isn't luck. They are straight up beating people down. He can get a bunch of underperformers to play together and win. Everyone is shocked by the transformation happening in Lawrence. Is this really happening?

Houston?

Win the Big 12 and I'll be impressed.

I wanted to hire urban in 2004 instead of callahan..but people did'nt listen...per ussual
could of saved NU and urban alot of trouble.
If I remember correctly, Urban had a lot of respect for both Osborne and Solich, and he wasn't a fan of Solich being fired after winning nine games. I think I remember saying something about that back then.

Reactions: redwine65
There is no way that ND fires Freeman any time soon. ND will win at least 6 games this year and be bowl elligible. What happens in the coming years remains to be seen, but I doubt Urban is going to sit in the booth and wait for what might never come.
They won't fire him this year for sure. BUT I wouldn't be so sure about at the end of next year.

Reactions: scarletred
So if we were to hire Urban, Would we get the same treatment and ridicule the Browns are getting for signing Deshaun Watson? This move reeks of desperation much like the Browns trade.

Reactions: drubendall
I gave a like but would the Catholic school put up with Urban and his past. But I wonder if a Catholic school like Notre Dame could afford to throw stones from their glass house, it might be a perfect match.
I think they would do a lot / overlook some things if it meant they would win.

I think the term "our scumbag" applied here. It's like all these cancel culture warriors, or social justice warriors. It's hypocrisy at it's worst. Who is the biggest victim? It's a race to be the weakest anymore.

Is Urban a great college coach ? Yes. Is he a long term fix( more then five years)? No. Will he get talent, raise the program up a few notches bare minimum? Yes. Is he a guy without major character issues? No. Will winning and making money for his bosses buy him a longer leash? Yes. Are sports fans more concerned with some character issues then seeing their team winning? No.

I would wager 85 percent of the fanbase that was saying how terrible a guy Urban was while at Ohio State and Florida would change course if he is leading your program. That's the truth. You can always say the man deserves another chance. Justify it in your mind . "How bad were his offenses really?", " It isn't like he killed anybody.". If the man turns down the guy then that 85 percent will quickly go back to their virtuous thoughts on him. " Yeah we never wanted that scumbag!!".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT