ADVERTISEMENT

Signed some big kids

Do we have anyone good?
I've mentioned this several times. Cam Taylor and Damion Daniels are our best players. Jojo, Honas, and Stille do a lot of good things on defense. On the offensive side, I've called Betts our best receiver. I've said Allen was improved. I think AM and LM would do a lot better with better coaching. If you're not paying attention when I mention those guys, that's your problem.

I don't have any reason to favor one guy over another. I form my opinions based on what I see on the field, and what I've seen from Hickman has been less than impressive.

Good thing we don't. 2nd in the West, 19th in the nation.

Really the 247 composite ranking is the way to go. It takes 247, Rivals and ESPN rankings. Rivals on its own is less reliable, two years ago they gave a 3 star ranking to a recruit that didn’t exist. Someone created a Twitter account, claimed a kid (who didn’t exist) had a Bama offer and Rivals gave the imaginary kid 3 stars. They obviously gave a ranking without even watching film because there was none.

Regardless, rankings are all subjective. Huskers sound happy with the class.

Really the 247 composite ranking is the way to go. It takes 247, Rivals and ESPN rankings. Rivals on its own is less reliable, two years ago they gave a 3 star ranking to a recruit that didn’t exist. Someone created a Twitter account, claimed a kid (who didn’t exist) had a Bama offer and Rivals gave the imaginary kid 3 stars. They obviously gave a ranking without even watching film because there was none.

Was his name Omar?

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
I think Weaver is raw but has the highest ceiling in this class. A few bits of his film reminded me of Malik Collins in that they showed they can rag doll some opponents. Love his long arms & speed. Like both the DE's signees.

Reactions: dinglefritz
And? It's true. If you don't believe me, watch him play.
I’m not saying you’re right or wrong, but if anyone is gonna trash players’ abilities, there’s no one more consistent than you. You’ve got a running list and anytime anyone hints that someone on your crap list is any good you make sure to address it. That’s all.

I’m not saying you’re right or wrong, but if anyone is gonna trash players’ abilities, there’s no one more consistent than you. You’ve got a running list and anytime anyone hints that someone on your crap list is any good you make sure to address it. That’s all.
It's the easiest way to evaluate players and the team's performance. I'm not going to pretend like I know the specific play calls each and every play, but I know what good football looks like and I know what bad football looks like. The guy has gotten plenty of chances to play in the red zone and I've seen him whiff on blocks more times than not.

I think Weaver is raw but has the highest ceiling in this class. A few bits of his film reminded me of Malik Collins in that they showed they can rag doll some opponents. Love his long arms & speed. Like both the DE's signees.
His film is pretty ridiculous. Dude has a high motor and plays with a nasty attitude. Great size and speed. I think he is the gem of this class.

The better coaches in college tend to smile at the rankings. They know the ranking are 98% based on program reputation. Which isn't really a bad thing. Programs get their reputation by knowing how to identify talent.

247 has 7 B1G teams in the top 25. That's half the conference, pretty darn good.

Buckeyes
Wolverines
Badgers
Terrapins
Nittany Pedos
Hawkkkeyes
Cornhuskers

The only problem with that is that ESPN is so bad at this. Their ratings can be real head scratchers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT