ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP. Well if my decision of giving up CFB

There’s a reason there are only 32 pro teams. There’s a reason none of those 32 are in Nebraska. It does not matter that I personally don’t like NIL. What does matter to me is that Nebraska will not matter in the grand scheme of things, as long as the NIL system stays like it is.

There’s a reason there are only 32 pro teams. There’s a reason none of those 32 are in Nebraska. It does not matter that I personally don’t like NIL. What does matter to me is that Nebraska will not matter in the grand scheme of things, as long as the NIL system stays like it is.
What is that reason?

Reactions: BleedRed78
If this is the way of the new CFB world then the schools should lose their tax exemptions and the mandatory donations should stop.
I could not agree more. Power 5 football and basketball should be taxed-- it's a business, it makes tons of money and they certainly aren't closely associated with the educational mission of those universities. And apparently, athletics was never meant to be included in the tax exempt status to begin with. It just got overlooked and lumped in.

Reactions: BleedRed78
@LandoPower I feel your pain buddy. I think more than the specific changes happening to the sport, it's just knowing that it will never again be the good old days of regional conferences and rivalries. No more "school loyalty" or program solidarity. Transfers not having to think twice before just flaking out because they get put behind someone on a depth chart etc. All these things are just going the way they've been going for years so I get it and there's no way to stop it now so what the sport needs IMO is just a single oversight authority for the P5 65 ish teams and move the other schools to their own championship division. They have NO chance of ever winning as the system is now. It just needs to be monitored and organized and it can get back to some sense of normal. Right now it feels like "what the hell are we doing here?!". I can't even imagine what's happening in the SEC lol.

Hang in there man. GBR.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT