ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Josh Freeman De-Commit

Re: Different skills sets so hard to compare but I would

Joe Ganz is a lying POS. He also has a fine highlight reel of some of the dumbest football plays known to mankind.

Ganz best year, was when he was named first team all conference QB.

Originally posted by HuskerTimOmaha:
Zac Taylor shits all over Ganz.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
The same Zac Taylor that ran like a 5.2 40? Zac was a fine passer but a statue and easy target in the pocket. Couldn't move worth a lick. And, Zac was great against zone defense. Against man, well.....not so much.

Taylor, the same one that was B12 offensive player of the year. Spare me his lack of speed, dude was the best QB we've had in a very long time.

Taylor, the same one that was B12 offensive player of the year. Spare me his lack of speed, dude was the best QB we've had in a very long time.

You make a convincing argument for Taylor over Taylor. I guess after thinking about it, I'd be happy to let somebody draft one of them, and I'll take my chances with the other. I admit to being in love with Taylors speed, but Taylor also proved you didn't need to be fast to be good. I had honestly forgot Taylor won B12 offensive player of the year. Gheesh that seems like a long time ago now.

So did the radio hosts who polished Ganz's knob during this fairy tale come back and let their listeners know it isn't true?

This post was edited on 4/6 9:30 AM by schuele

With what he had to work with, Taylor did a hell of a job at QB just to have that team in the games they were.

If you gave me a choice between Martinez and Ganz and there were going to be more than about 15-20 pass plays, I would take Ganz every single time.

Yep

Originally posted by Huskers_Rule:
take Ganz in a heartbeat. He's our best ever QB throwing the football. He played with tremendous heart and I'm not take a shot at TM.
Sounds like you're about 5 years old. Best ever throwing QB.
roll.r191677.gif

In the Mike Price style of offense, I'd take Zac Taylor all day, every day over T-Mart, Ganz, Armstrong. He was good in the pocket, rolling to the outside, and gave you an occasional run for a first down. Oh, how about that drive against A&M?

It's ok that so many people want to throw the old staff under the bus but Ganz is and always will be a husker ( unlike BO and the rest of that crew).

I think Ganz just got his Decoms mixed up. I'm pretty sure he was referring to Gabby and said Freeman by mistake. Gabby I don't believe ever took an official @ NU (some of probably know better than me) but he did visit and was a commit while Ganz was a back-up who was seeing reps. I could see where he mixed up memories of the 2. Plus Freeman decom after the regular season was over vs Gabby who did it during the season. So maybe he just mixed 2 memories together.

So hopefully you all will reconsider your negative commits of a pretty solid ex-husker QB... BTW he won a bowl game. Did T-Mart?

So let me get this straight: Ganz remembered every minute detail of that day, but somehow confused Blaine Gabbert for Josh Freeman?

Sounds like a water-tight explanation, worthy of wagging your finger at everyone.

And if that's really the explanation, why not issue an apology to Josh Freeman?

Zac Taylor shits all over Ganz.
Zac Taylor was one of my favorite QBs ever to play for NU. T-Ragic? Not so much. If only ZT had any pass blocking. I loved the heart of ZT and pork chop.

Originally posted by jackdwelsh:
Freeman and Gabbert look so much alike.
Practically twins. And if you don't think so, you're just not a true Husker fan.

ADVERTISEMENT