ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Josh Freeman De-Commit

TwinsRRUs

Recruiting Coordinator
Oct 1, 2011
SW NE
Interesting story about Freeman's visit and what happened between Joe Ganz and him after a game according to the Tweet by Robin Washut.

Nice to hear some of these stories, even if years later.

Originally posted by HuskerTimOmaha:
Except it's not true.

Posted from Rivals Mobile
I can believe that after hearing other rumors about Ganz since December. He sounded like a "tough guy" when describing what happened in his "story."

Just when I think I hear some inside stuff, you ruin that feeling for me Tim
mad0011.r191677.gif

Speaking of inside stuff, this Free Trial until July 31st thing, you have to enter CC info to get it and then before the trial is over, you have to go in and cancel so it does not automatically charge for the following months... is that correct? TIA

Originally posted by keithleyb:
Gotta be honest I was never a fan of ganz and I'm still not.
How can you not be a fan of Ganz? I remember watching one of his early games, and he looked like Joe Montana on a TD throw. He looked off about four different receivers on one play before coming back to the original guy crossing in the endzone to throw a TD. The pass was beautiful. Pretty much the opposite of what we have seen with Martinez and Armstrong the last few years. Dude hated Chase Daniel and Josh Freeman more than most Husker fans did. What is not to love?

If it's true, it's not good.
If it's not true, it's still not good.

Either way makes Ganz look bad.

Look up the dates of Freeman visiting during the season. Look up to see what year Ganz was. Check to see if he played in that game. Heck, check to see if he played at all that season. Or, believe me...

Freeman was a 2006 recruit which means he visited during the 2005 season. Ganz didn't play one snap in 2005. Ganz is full of shit, and it's one of many reasons I stated years ago he needed to get away from Lincoln if he wanted to better himself, as a person and coach.

sometimes I can't read, count, or add.
chairshot.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 4/3 11:13 PM by newAD

This post was edited on 4/3 11:55 PM by newAD

Huskers.com

Freeman decommitted because a KSU booster gave his dad a job. Ganz is full of crap. He didn't play a game when Freeman visited.

see earlier edit. Time to go for a helicopter ride with Brian Williams.
This post was edited on 4/3 11:58 PM by newAD

Looks like Freeman decomitted in December 2005.
Ganz was redshirt freshman in 2005 and was behind Taylor.
Didn't see the field.

HTO is right.

Again.

Originally posted by redwine65:
ganz was our best qb since eric c.
Yeah, No. Taylor Martinez fits that bill. TM is literally the Grand Canyon better than Ganz. There is absolutely no argument for Ganz to be rated ahead of TM as a QB. None.

Originally posted by litespeedhuskerfan:Yeah, No. Taylor Martinez fits that bill. TM is literally the Grand Canyon better than Ganz. There is absolutely no argument for Ganz to be rated ahead of TM as a QB. None.
Ganz was by far the better passer and better at game management....TM was obvious the better runner.

I heard Josh Freeman decommitted because the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor during Josh Freeman's third season as starting Wingback for the New Jersey Jenerals in the old USFL league. Joe Ganz was the Assistant Head Coach of that team at the time.

That makes almost as much sense as Joe Ganz's tall-tale.

Originally posted by scarletred:

Originally posted by litespeedhuskerfan:
Yeah, No. Taylor Martinez fits that bill. TM is literally the Grand Canyon better than Ganz. There is absolutely no argument for Ganz to be rated ahead of TM as a QB. None.
Ganz was by far the better passer and better at game management....TM was obvious the better runner.
Ganz was the least sucky QB we had at the time, don't mistake that for a good QB.

Different skills sets so hard to compare but I would

take Ganz in a heartbeat. He's our best ever QB throwing the football. He played with tremendous heart and I'm not take a shot at TM.

Re: Different skills sets so hard to compare but I would

Originally posted by Huskers_Rule:
take Ganz in a heartbeat. He's our best ever QB throwing the football. He played with tremendous heart and I'm not take a shot at TM.
Pelini best offense he had at Nebraska was his first year with Ganz as QB...Don't think we would have gone to a bowl game that first year if it wasn't for him running the offense.

The next year was Pelini worse offense but his best defensive team in 2009.

I see Ganz as the better passer and TM as the better runner. I'd have to do some research if I wanted to call Ganz our best Husker passer ever, but he certainly was better mechanics and decision making-wise than TM. The comparison is one of those apples to oranges type.

He's our best ever QB throwing the football.
If ever began in 2005, maybe.

I'd take Zac Taylor over Joe at quarterback and football coach. Zac Taylor has done a lot of good things for Ryan Tannehill as Dolphins qb coach.

between the 2, one of them made a decent chunk of change in the NFL...

Ganz couldn't even start his story out straight. He seriously didn't know which game he threw his first career college football touchdown pass against?

Originally posted by newAD:

It makes zero sense, see my previous post. Your link supports that, thanks for sharing it.

You are right. Got my years mixed up. This says his official was 9-9-05.
Doesn't matter what the answer is because I still wouldn't believe Ganz, but could Freeman been at Nebraska for an unofficial visit?

but could Freeman been at Nebraska for an unofficial visit?

Doesn't matter but yes he did take UOV's as well but still, Ganz didn't play at all until Freeman was already enrolled at Kansas State.

Zac Taylor shits all over Ganz.
And if it's a one-holer, Zac would have to get in line behind Humm, Ferragamo, Gill, Steve Taylor, Bruce Mathison, Ed Burns, Van Brownson and a few other guys that I've probably forgotten about.

Calling Ganz the best passer NU has ever had is like saying it's a coin flip between Nate Swift and Johnny Rodgers for greatest all-time receiver.

Joe Ganz is a freaking liar.

Sept 23, 2006 Joe Ganz threw his first career TD vs Troy.
Sept 23, 2006 Freeman went 3/10 vs Louisville.

Was with Freeman for awhile when he was on his official. Dude was awkward as hell and I didn't get the feeling the players liked him too much. He didn't even know who Franzt Hardy or Terrance Nunn were even after the game and I think one of them had a score. He asked Nunn if he played cornerback, Nunn said "yeah back up corner" with a smirk on his face and the whole place busted out laughing. I do remember that Freeman was friggin' huge--a man child if there ever was one at QB.

And I agree with those who say Zac Taylor was our best QB post Crouch. Ganz was good (and better than TMart) but he doesn't hold a candle to Taylor.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT