ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Is Coach Banker visually impaired?

RedSea

Recruiting Coordinator
Jun 18, 2001
Why was someone (Coach Philipp?) shadowing him all day ready to grab him around the waist? I hadn't ever noticed that before, but it seemed a little weird. Just curious.

Why was someone (Coach Philipp?) shadowing him all day ready to grab him around the waist? I hadn't ever noticed that before, but it seemed a little weird. Just curious.

Strength coaches often follow around coordinators/HCs to make sure they are off the field and avoid penalties. It's actually pretty common.

Seriously? I've never noticed that before. Seemed like every time they showed Banker today Philipp had his hands extended ready to grab him.

Seriously? I've never noticed that before. Seemed like every time they showed Banker today Philipp had his hands extended ready to grab him.

Watch a Clemson game; their strength coach, also known as "the get back guy", is awesome to watch. He'll pull Venables off the field two or three times before a play. One time last year, Venables wasn't too happy with him.

Watch a Clemson game; their strength coach, also known as "the get back guy", is awesome to watch. He'll pull Venables off the field two or three times before a play. One time last year, Venables wasn't too happy with him.
Too bad Bo didn't have a guy to keep him from spitting, pissing, berating officials, fans, coaches and players. Maybe he would still be coaching with the big boys.:(RollingLaugh

Last edited:
It was making me chuckle during the game, this big Rasputin-looking guy hovering behind Banker and grabbing his waist periodically.

Too bad Bo didn't have a guy to keep him from spitting, pissing, berating officials, fans, coaches and players. Maybe he would still be coaching with the big boys.:(RollingLaugh
He did. The guy got sick of it and moved onto the NFL

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT