ADVERTISEMENT

10/1

Pennsyhusker

Athletic Director
Aug 6, 2009
Harveys Lake, PA
Bullet points which lead to one conclusion: Trev Alberts, fire Scott Frost immediately

1. I get it. I really do. Saving 7.5 million is a hefty motivation to wait three more weeks to fire the worst coach in Nebraska football history.
1a. But in this day and age of modern college football, 7.5 million is chump change for any program that is serious about success.

2. Oklahoma coming to town next week and the last thing we need is the distraction of firing a coach as we prepare for them.
2a. What bigger distraction could there be than a lame duck coach that everybody knows is going to get fired soon anyway?

3. What is the hurry? The season is toast already anyway so why not wait?
3a. Because the season is not over and the players and the fans deserve a chance to move forward and try to salvage something under a new coach, even if he is just an interim coach, who just might bring more energy to the table and win a few games against the likes of Indiana, Rutgers, Illinois, Iowa. And if you fire Frost now you give the new guy three weeks to get his balance before getting ready to play Indiana.

4. You should at least wait to fire Frost until after the OU debacle that is going to be horrible. Why saddle a new guy with that burden? Let the new guy start against Indiana.
4a. Because if we wait one more week then the reasoning will be, let's just wait two more weeks and save 7.5 million, and we will be back to square one. And if we wait one more week that is one less week for the new interim guy to get things organized before the Indiana game. And nobody will put the OU loss on the new guy anyway.

At any other blue blood program Frost would have been fired after year three. But heck ... Covid ... yeah. So he got year four. And in any other blue blood program he would have been fired after year four. Heck, he might have been fired mid season. The longer we keep Frost around the more we scream out to the world that we don't care about success anymore, just money.

Fire Frost Now

Trev Alberts and the University admin sacrificed this season and the players for a coach they knew and was clear to all but a few was impotent

feel sorry for the portal players, recruits and new coaches they brought in order to try to lend some credibility to this facade

Scott Frost will be gone but those above him remain

I was ridiculed after week 1 for saying the exact same thing... if you place money over acceptance of below mediocrity then this is what you get. I will never watch an NU game ever again with Frost at the helm. My last viewing of this team was halfway through the second quarter of NW game when the fumble occurred.

I was ridiculed after week 1 for saying the exact same thing... if you place money over acceptance of below mediocrity then this is what you get. I will never watch an NU game ever again with Frost at the helm. My last viewing of this team was halfway through the second quarter of NW game when the fumble occurred.
I wanted him fired after the Illinois game last year. Any fool could see that Frost can’t coach. Tired of waiting. Tired of all the excuses. Fire his ass finally!

Last edited:
Fire him today. Put Whipple in charge. Go out and hire the best damn coach we can get. If he can start now great, if it's a coach after the season then that's fine too. The new coach has to have B1G/SEC experience or proven HEAD coach success on a national level (Top 10 or consistent Top 25 team). Anything less is a gamble, just like Callahan/Pelini/Riley and Frost turned out to be. I don't want no coordinator...lol

I do feel we have some talent and the immediate support necessary that an experienced HEAD coach could come in right away and get us to at least a bowl game in his first year.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
I do feel we have some talent and the immediate support necessary that an experienced HEAD coach could come in right away and get us to at least a bowl game in his first year.
Come on NE doesn’t settle for bowl games, that’s why Iowa does. Compete and win national championships only.

Fire him today. Put Whipple in charge. Go out and hire the best damn coach we can get. If he can start now great, if it's a coach after the season then that's fine too. The new coach has to have B1G/SEC experience or proven HEAD coach success on a national level (Top 10 or consistent Top 25 team). Anything less is a gamble, just like Callahan/Pelini/Riley and Frost turned out to be. I don't want no coordinator...lol
Whoever it is needs to have plain states ties or Midwest ties. Football in these states is different than it is anywhere else. If you don't understand the culture of football in this region you will succeed. I like Fickel or Klieman.

Come on NE doesn’t settle for bowl games, that’s why Iowa does. Compete and win national championships only.
He is talking about short term, first year stuff, not long term. Of course we all want to play for titles eventually. But to expect that in year one of a new coach is unrealistic.

He is talking about short term, first year stuff, not long term. Of course we all want to play for titles eventually. But to expect that in year one of a new coach is unrealistic.
Maybe you’re new here, that’s not how it works in these parts.

Maybe you’re new here, that’s not how it works in these parts.
I grew up in Lincoln asshat. Been on this board since 2009. Been following Husker football since 1965. And since we have not won even a conference title in 23 years I wonder where you are getting your superior knowledge of "how things work in these parts"? We are on our way to our seventh losing season in eight years, but go on spouting your nonsense about how "in these parts" we play for titles and expect any new coach to win one in year one. Troll.

Whoever it is needs to have plain states ties or Midwest ties. Football in these states is different than it is anywhere else. If you don't understand the culture of football in this region you will succeed. I like Fickel or Klieman.
I like Klieman a lot too, but really question his judgment after he named Adrian Martinez as his starter.

I grew up in Lincoln asshat. Been on this board since 2009. Been following Husker football since 1965. And since we have not won even a conference title in 23 years I wonder where you are getting your superior knowledge of "how things work in these parts"? We are on our way to our seventh losing season in eight years, but go on spouting your nonsense about how "in these parts" we play for titles and expect any new coach to win one in year one. Troll.
We’re a blue blood. We make fun of Iowa and their 8-9 win seasons all the time because we’re better than that crappy program. We’re so much better than Wisconsin, how many national championships do they have? Minny? Please. That’s how it works around here.

We’re a blue blood. We make fun of Iowa and their 8-9 win seasons all the time because we’re better than that crappy program. We’re so much better than Wisconsin, how many national championships do they have? Minny? Please. That’s how it works around here.
Correction: that is how it used to work around here. In reality over the past 20 years we have had 8 losing seasons and are on our way to a 9th. And of the other 11 years we averaged around nine wins a year and a non New Years day bowl appearance. But you know all of that. You are just a troll. And if I wasn't sitting here with my morning coffee with nothing better to do I would not be responding to your nonsense. And it is nonsense. You expect our new coach to come in here and play for a conference and a national title in year one? Idiocy

You are correct. The fans care more about nebraska football than the other schools. If you look at records, we suck. I am tired of hearing this team has so much talent. We can't even make a bowl or beat two fcs schools.

Correction: that is how it used to work around here. In reality over the past 20 years we have had 8 losing seasons and are on our way to a 9th. And of the other 11 years we averaged around nine wins a year and a non New Years day bowl appearance. But you know all of that. You are just a troll. And if I wasn't sitting here with my morning coffee with nothing better to do I would not be responding to your nonsense. And it is nonsense. You expect our new coach to come in here and play for a conference and a national title in year one? Idiocy
At this point, just get to a bowl year one. Get going by year three. Open the checkbook and get the guy you want trev because they will ax you next.

AM is a game manager and will not win you games. He has a stud RB and a good defense to support him. Klieman has taken far less talented QB'S and won a lot of games. They will win a lot of games this year.
I don't know....

At this point, just get to a bowl year one. Get going by year three. Open the checkbook and get the guy you want trev because they will ax you next.
With our o line and d line depth charts, a bowl game would be a couple of years away. I was a little worried when we started taking so many linemen late through the portal. Now I see why they were beating the bushes for bodies.

this season was doomed no matter who the coaches were IMO due to our D line

Best players on the team are Thompson, Palmer and Grant and they are all transfers. No there is not much talent on this team. No speed on defense. Very obvious. If you watched the Texas/Bama game you saw real speed.

Reactions: GBR_Atlanta
This season is done. Wait and save the money. It’s not like all the finding a new coach work isn’t already being done now anyway.

Reactions: HuskerHusaria
Bullet points which lead to one conclusion: Trev Alberts, fire Scott Frost immediately

1. I get it. I really do. Saving 7.5 million is a hefty motivation to wait three more weeks to fire the worst coach in Nebraska football history.
1a. But in this day and age of modern college football, 7.5 million is chump change for any program that is serious about success.

2. Oklahoma coming to town next week and the last thing we need is the distraction of firing a coach as we prepare for them.
2a. What bigger distraction could there be than a lame duck coach that everybody knows is going to get fired soon anyway?

3a. Because the season is not over and the players and the fans deserve a chance to move forward and try to salvage something under a new coach, even if he is just an interim coach, who just might bring more energy to the table and win a few games against the likes of Indiana, Rutgers, Illinois, Iowa. And if you fire Frost now you give the new guy three weeks to get his balance before getting ready to play Indiana.

4. You should at least wait to fire Frost until after the OU debacle that is going to be horrible. Why saddle a new guy with that burden? Let the new guy start against Indiana.
4a. Because if we wait one more week then the reasoning will be, let's just wait two more weeks and save 7.5 million, and we will be back to square one. And if we wait one more week that is one less week for the new interim guy to get things organized before the Indiana game. And nobody will put the OU loss on the new guy anyway.

At any other blue blood program Frost would have been fired after year three. But heck ... Covid ... yeah. So he got year four. And in any other blue blood program he would have been fired after year four. Heck, he might have been fired mid season. The longer we keep Frost around the more we scream out to the world that we don't care about success anymore, just money.

Fire Frost Now
Wow! Great point!s! Yesterday, I posted that I would have reasons for not waiting to fire Frosty, but actually I didn't. Could I just copy and paste yours? :)

Iowa fan, not sure what he knows about titles. Their good captain Kkkirk averages about 7.5 wins a year. And this year average about 7 points a game and a half TD per game.

In case you didn’t know it, you are conversing with someone from another fan base whose sole purpose for posting on here is to get under the skin of Nebraska fans. As I’ve said before, he is completely nuts. I would highly recommend ignoring him and not give him the attention he is seeking.

With our o line and d line depth charts, a bowl game would be a couple of years away. I was a little worried when we started taking so many linemen late through the portal. Now I see why they were beating the bushes for bodies.

this season was doomed no matter who the coaches were IMO due to our D line
With better coaching I don’t think we’d be that bad not great, this won’t be politically correct but the defense looks like a Chinese fire drill or a chicken with it head cut off. Hell even cosgrove went to a conference championship game and banker had one winning season

I wanted him fired after the Illinois game last year. Any fool could see that Frost can’t coach. Tired of waiting. Tired of all the excuses. Fire his ass finally!
I’m tired of the dam excuses we here from the staff to the media. It takes times. Well guess what Georgia Southern was running the triple option last year. Fire frost and chin now, maybe we can salvage something out of this season. Oh btw Kansas beat West Virginia yesterday

Man...some of you are so pissed that you can't even figure out that an Iowa fan (still here posting and being super obsessed about Husker football, even though Iowa is 0-2 and has scored 1 time) is trolling.

I’m just happy Frost is soon gone. Should be have been gone after his 3rd season. However, I think it was clear after season 1 this was going nowhere. There were no glimmers or inklings anything would change.

Great stuff Pennsy, as usual. Never thought when Frost was hired that this would be the result. This is probably what people DON'T want to hear, but I feel kind of sorry for him, not in a financial way, but as a guy who seemed to have the world by the tail and was on his way to coaching up Nebraska and getting the program back on track, and now his days are numbered. Sad days indeed.

One thing I want to add here, Frost failing at Nebraska doesn't mean he's a failure in life, and I hope sometime down the line that we as fans can find a way to look beyond what happened in his 5 years and still treat him with respect and dignity, no doubt Scott is the last person who wanted things to go as bad as they have.

As we know, Scott was a great QB at Nebraska and without him, I highly doubt 1997's championship would have happened, once a Husker, always a Husker in my book.

I would have loved to see this season be that 8-9 win type, but we all know it won't end up that way. :(

I’ll add stay classy to the players, especially on defense simple when you are put into a impossible position it gets ugly. I feel sorry for most because they aren’t put into a good position to be successful. Trev took a gamble and lost but even he said this usually doesn’t work out. But I was willing to support the decision. I knew at the exact moment it was going to be bad and that was at big 10 media days when frost had a terrible attitude

Reactions: Bugeater

Fire Frost Now
I’m okay waiting the 3 weeks. It’s OU, then a Bye Week. I know we have money. It’s a principle thing for me. He doesn’t deserve another dime from this University, anything we don’t have to pay him, the better.

ADVERTISEMENT