ADVERTISEMENT

10/1

Frost should do the right thing and resign and accept the smaller buyout. I don't think he will. If he truly does care about Nebraska that's what he should do.

Reactions: WHCSC
this season was doomed no matter who the coaches were IMO due to our D line
This season was doomed the second the decision was made to bring Frost back after year 4

just like year 4 was doomed after year 3 and year 3 after year 2

Bullet points which lead to one conclusion: Trev Alberts, fire Scott Frost immediately

1. I get it. I really do. Saving 7.5 million is a hefty motivation to wait three more weeks to fire the worst coach in Nebraska football history.
1a. But in this day and age of modern college football, 7.5 million is chump change for any program that is serious about success.

2. Oklahoma coming to town next week and the last thing we need is the distraction of firing a coach as we prepare for them.
2a. What bigger distraction could there be than a lame duck coach that everybody knows is going to get fired soon anyway?

3. What is the hurry? The season is toast already anyway so why not wait?
3a. Because the season is not over and the players and the fans deserve a chance to move forward and try to salvage something under a new coach, even if he is just an interim coach, who just might bring more energy to the table and win a few games against the likes of Indiana, Rutgers, Illinois, Iowa. And if you fire Frost now you give the new guy three weeks to get his balance before getting ready to play Indiana.

4. You should at least wait to fire Frost until after the OU debacle that is going to be horrible. Why saddle a new guy with that burden? Let the new guy start against Indiana.
4a. Because if we wait one more week then the reasoning will be, let's just wait two more weeks and save 7.5 million, and we will be back to square one. And if we wait one more week that is one less week for the new interim guy to get things organized before the Indiana game. And nobody will put the OU loss on the new guy anyway.

At any other blue blood program Frost would have been fired after year three. But heck ... Covid ... yeah. So he got year four. And in any other blue blood program he would have been fired after year four. Heck, he might have been fired mid season. The longer we keep Frost around the more we scream out to the world that we don't care about success anymore, just money.

Fire Frost Now
These were all points that were pertinent last year. But instead we decided to waste an entire year in an era of turmoil and conference realignment, an era in which we can’t afford to be throwing away entire seasons, let alone 8 in a row.

These were all points that were pertinent last year. But instead we decided to waste an entire year in an era of turmoil and conference realignment, an era in which we can’t afford to be throwing away entire seasons, let alone 8 in a row.
I get the feeling you would bitch it you were hung with a new rope..

Thought someone like you would be happier than hell that SF is gone..

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Trev Alberts and the University admin sacrificed this season and the players for a coach they knew and was clear to all but a few was impotent

feel sorry for the portal players, recruits and new coaches they brought in order to try to lend some credibility to this facade

Scott Frost will be gone but those above him remain
Exactly, saw this coming a mile away. Yet some are praising Mr. Alberts for his own incompetence.

I get the feeling you would bitch it you were hung with a new rope..

Thought someone like you would be happier than hell that SF is gone..
Frost was dead to me over 2 years ago, he's not who I'm concerned with.

Great stuff Pennsy, as usual. Never thought when Frost was hired that this would be the result. This is probably what people DON'T want to hear, but I feel kind of sorry for him, not in a financial way, but as a guy who seemed to have the world by the tail and was on his way to coaching up Nebraska and getting the program back on track, and now his days are numbered. Sad days indeed.

One thing I want to add here, Frost failing at Nebraska doesn't mean he's a failure in life, and I hope sometime down the line that we as fans can find a way to look beyond what happened in his 5 years and still treat him with respect and dignity, no doubt Scott is the last person who wanted things to go as bad as they have.

As we know, Scott was a great QB at Nebraska and without him, I highly doubt 1997's championship would have happened, once a Husker, always a Husker in my book.

I would have loved to see this season be that 8-9 win type, but we all know it won't end up that way. :(

Very well said sir. He certainly was a terrific qb for NU. I actually feel sorry for him but results count higher than anything else. He knows that......but the best of luck for him elsewhere.

SIAP.

I'm I not reading this correctly? Coach Scott Frost was relieved of his leadership of the Nebraska football team. Does that really mean he's FIRED or TERMINATED, or reassigned and kept on as an employee but could get officially axed after Oct 1st and still reduce buyout??

Asking for a friend 🤔🤑

ADVERTISEMENT