ADVERTISEMENT

Should never have joined the Big 12

I’m telling you as a red blooded American living in a major city. No one cares about the teams up north!

Well it's a good thing we aren't wasting our time bantering back and forth with those guys then huh puddin?

Might look stupid if they don't care and yet are on here yammerin away...

I’m telling you as a red blooded American living in a major city. No one cares about the teams up north!

And no one in the North or the rest of the country gives a rat’s butt about K-State. BTW, have you ever watched a Big Ten team playing in the East or West and seen their fans almost take over a stadium. I have for several decades. Get out of your little Texas 10 bubble, Mr. Cat.

And no one in the North or the rest of the country gives a rat’s butt about K-State. BTW, have you ever watched a Big Ten team playing in the East or West and seen their fans almost take over a stadium. I have for several decades. Get out of your little Texas 10 bubble, Mr. Cat.

TV ratings and attendance numbers prove you wrong. Again.

And what prime recruiting area is that? NU has always had to recruit nationally since the early 20th century. Did you know that Rozier and Fryer were from New Jersey?
Other than Rozier, Fryer, and the Peter brothers, NJ is an outlier for Nebraska recruiting. 80% of the out-of-state recruits historically were from the Great Plains states with Texas being the most important. Recruits from these states are also more likely to stick with the program when the going gets tough and not transfer home.

I really think the biggest mistake was not going the Big 10. It was expanding the conference eastward with Rutgers and Maryland instead of adding Oklahoma and Texas A&M (they would come). That would have made the conference more geographically balanced and restored a rivalry. I would have them further expanded to add Missouri and Kansas (maybe Texas).
East: OSU, PSU, UM, MSU, Indiana, Purdue, Illinois, Northwestern
West: Neb, Wisc, Minn, Iowa, Okla, Texas A&M, Missouri, Kansas

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawkman34
Time to put up or shut up, lets see if that dog hunts:

Name me all the best players Nebraska has had since the start of the 60s, and all of them since 1998.

Then name the ones from Texas....

Nebraska has been fortunate enough to get some really really good players from the great state of Texas. There is no doubt. God bless every one of them and their families.

BUT I'm willing to bet my house that most of the, and not even close, lion's share, of the great players FROM Texas, Nebraska has recruited, were at a time while in fact NOT in the Big12. Or associated with any of the schools from the SWC, or the state of Texas as a whole.

So the ball is in your red zone homes. 1 second left...You can either concede that you don't know dick, or prove me wrong.
Without referencing the individuals that stated that ending the Texas pipeline was a result of leaving the Big 12... my remarks are taken from various threads on this forum.

The bottom line is this... Nebraska has, generally, struggled since entering the B1G. Prove me wrong?

Without referencing the individuals that stated that ending the Texas pipeline was a result of leaving the Big 12... my remarks are taken from various threads on this forum.

The bottom line is this... Nebraska has, generally, struggled since entering the B1G. Prove me wrong?

Well I wouldn't make such a definitive remark like losing Texas recruiting has hurt Nebraska as if that is it.

Nebraska struggling was not just in the B1G.

And it wasn't because of a lack of affiliation with Texas recruiting.

The coaching has gone from legendary to good, to ok, to decent, to mediocre-maybe a bit less.

You put Urban Meyer at Nebraska and it wouldn't matter if Nebraska was locked out of Texas during his tenure. Nebraska would still be good, possibly great.

Reactions: SW Lincoln Sker

7-7 in 2002, 5-6 in 2004 and 5-7 in 2007. Those were Big XII seasons. Stop with the stupid conference excuses. Ohio State pulls bunches of players from Texas. Nebraska has always recruited nationally with a focus on the middle of the country, too. Texas is and was a small part of it.

Reactions: bigboxes
7-7 in 2002, 5-6 in 2004 and 5-7 in 2007. Those were Big XII seasons. Stop with the stupid conference excuses. Ohio State pulls bunches of players from Texas. Nebraska has always recruited nationally with a focus on the middle of the country, too. Texas is and was a small part of it.
Big Ten is simply a better overall conference. It was easier to win the Big XII North than it is the Big Ten West.

Big Ten is simply a better overall conference. It was easier to win the Big XII North than it is the Big Ten West.
Embrace the challenge and stop the whining. It’s pathetic. We are the Big Ten now, CU is the Pac12 and aTm and Mizzou are the SEC. None of those schools will ever downgrade and return to the Big XII. They aren’t that stupid.

Terrible fit for the 15 years in it:

Played for two natties, won 1.
Multiple Division and Conf titles.
Nationally relevant for duration except (3?) Callahan years.

Now...

The B1G killed what made NU great. I’m sad for you that you don’t see it. Coming from a guy who actually appreciates NU, it’s people and tradition.

Wrong! The Big 10 did nothing to Nebraska. We did it to ourselves with bad coaching hires. You saying it's the Big 10 is saying the Big 12 is a bunch of lmp teams! Might want to rethink your theory.

Reactions: Sinomatic
I think the main problem is nebraska fans, we/they flood the stadium every fall saterday, buy gear, etc.
so if I was a player or coach I'd think nothing is wrong. hell they are throwing 150 million more into it

Went back and looked at the commitments from Texas from 2008 - 2011. In those years before joining the B1G... Nebraska recruited anywhere from 20%-40% of the total from the State of Texas. Joining the B1G definitely hurt the Texas pipeline.
In 2017, they got 2 from Texas...2018 got 3 guys.

Try again.

Went back and looked at the commitments from Texas from 2008 - 2011. In those years before joining the B1G... Nebraska recruited anywhere from 20%-40% of the total from the State of Texas. Joining the B1G definitely hurt the Texas pipeline.
In 2017, they got 2 from Texas...2018 got 3 guys.

Try again.
That’s because Riley signed a bunch of soft kids from California that have basically contributed 0

Reactions: Husker4real
That’s because Riley signed a bunch of soft kids from California that have basically contributed 0
You're deflecting. The argument was made that Texas wasn't a primary recruiting area for the Huskers before they joined the B1G.

I merely dispelled that thought from the other poster and proved that leaving the Big 12 hurt Nebraska recruiting in Texas.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT